The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Märtha gave birth at home.

OSLO/ROMA (VG Nett) Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn has got a new daughter. .

Av HEGE LYNGVED ODINSEN, CHRISTIAN F. BRÆNDSHØI, TONE LIBRÅTEN

The Couple's second daughter was born at 08.20 today. The newborn girl is called Leah Isadora Behn.

In a press release from the Palace it says that the birth took place at Bloksbjerg, Hankø, in a home birth were everything went according to plan.

Mobile Message.

- Both the King, Queen and the Crown Prince couple have been oriented about the nice family event and everybody is happy about the new family member, says Svein Gj. Gjeruldsen to VG Nett.

Queen Sonja is with the Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik in Rome today, for the Pope's funeral.

- I was walking with Queen Sonja out of the funeral when the Queen got the message on her mobile, says the Prime Minister.

Princess Märtha Louise had read in a mobile message to her mother about the big family event. The Queen was very happy about the news, and Märtha said that everything was fine with mother and child.

According to the Prime Minister he and the Queen talked about the special situation it was to get such a nice message when you were in a funeral.

Split family.

King Harald is presently recuperating after his heart surgery, and has sick leave. Crown Prince Haakon, who is regent while his father is ill, and Crown Pricness Mette-Marit should, according to plans, travel to Great Britain after the Cabinet Council today. It is not known if they followed the schedule or not.

They are guests in Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles' wedding tomorrow.

-Golden half-meter

Everything is well with mother and child. Leah Isadora weighed 3760 gram and was 52 cm long when she was born.

Almost two years ago Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn had their first child, Maud Angelica. Märtha Louise gave birth in Rikshospitalet then.

- She's a golden half-meter, Ari Behn said to the press after that birth. How he intends to describe his second daughter is yet unknown.

(VG NETT*08.04.05 kl. 14:05)

Old 04-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the wonderful news norwegianne!

Leah Isadora are not names that anyone here chose! I have to say that I love the name Isadora however -- reminds me of the famous ballet which I love.

Pretty names for the Behn girls: Maud Angelica (I prefer Angelica) and Leah Isadora (I prefer Isadora).

Old 04-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Aristocracy

good news indeed! in these sad moments that we are living it's always nice to hear such wonderful news. nice name by the way. I hope to see pictures soon :)
Old 04-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

oh how nice! Now they have two girls :)
But:
Quote:
Leah means tired or worn out
why give the baby a name that means tired and worn out
But other than the meaning, I think Leah is a nice name!
Old 04-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Leah can also mean ruler or mistress according to some books.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Royal Highness

I like the name. Congrats to Martha and Ari!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness

Neat name. Congrats to Martha and Ari!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

SCANPIX photo of Bloksbjerg/Bloksberg, where Leah Isadora was born.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	470779.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	122673  
Old 04-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Courtier

I Wonder when we are going to see the first pictures... I guess Hakon can't be there with his camera since he has to travel to England with M-M.

What a modern way to tell your mom about a new baby, by the way... Märtha sms-ed her mother who was in Rome in pope's funeral... :)
Old 04-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Serene Highness

She gave birth at home? Was that on purpose?
Old 04-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
She gave birth at home? Was that on purpose?
Yes the home birth was planned, but the nearest hospital was informed of this too, in case they were needed. But it went well (and I guess there was a mid-wife present as well). The princess is very interested in alternative methods, so home birth was right up her ally, so to speak.

Old 04-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Congratulations to Märtha and Ari!!

I wish little Leah all the best, a happy childhood and
always lots of love to come!

Looking forward to see the first pics of her and her
big sister :)
Old 04-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Majesty

Queen Sonja of Norway speaks to media as she arrives for a grandmother visit at Bloksberg, the vacation home of Princess Märtha Louise and her husband Ari Behn, on an island near the city of Fredrikstad, south of Oslo, Friday 08 April 2005. Norway's Princess Märtha Louise gave birth to her second child early Friday at Bloksberg. The baby, a girl, was named Leah Isadora Behn.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2643362.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	122741  
Old 04-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

First pictures!!

The Royal Court has just published the first pictures of Leah Isadora! These are taken by Ari Behn at Bloksbjerg yesterday, Sunda 10 April. From the Royal Court's website:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Leah Isadora1.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	123775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leah Isadora2.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	123776  
Old 04-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Courtier

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
The Royal Court has just published the first pictures of Leah Isadora! These are taken by Ari Behn at Bloksbjerg yesterday, Sunda 10 April. From the Royal Court's website:
Thanks GrandDuchess ! The little baby is very cute and beautiful Congratulation Märtha and ari for this wonderfull baby !:)
I love the name Leah !:)
Old 04-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Courtier

how tiny and cute she is:) ....

Congratulations again to the happy family!!

Just a question: does anyone knows if the baby will be called "Leah" or "Isadora" or both?

Old 04-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Adorable baby. While sleeping she looks a bit like the first pictures of her older sister.

Ari and Märtha calls Maud Angelica for Lille Ma, so they'll probably come up with a nickname for Leah Isadora, too.

VG had an interesting theory about the symbolism in Maud Angelica and Leah Isadora's names. It appears that Ari mentioned in a net-chat with them that he'd been a fan of Astrid Lindgren's television series about Saltkråkan when he was younger, and then it was particularly one lady, Malin. MALI... ? I don't know, but it seems that VG needed something to explain the initials LI.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Royal Highness

oooh, she is adorable! She looks alot like her big sister. I noticed that she has a brooch on, just like Maud Angelica did for her first photos. Just curious as to whether or not they have said anything about that yet?
Old 04-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Nobility

Thank you GrandDuchess for the pics of Leah Isadora (I like writing her name, I find it beautiful !) . She is a sweet baby, not as sweet as Ingrid Alexandra (who is such a cutiiiiie ! :) ) but just sweet . Congrats to Märtha and Ari !
Old 04-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Born at Bloksberg today.

JAN THORESEN OG KRISTOFFER EGEBERG
Fredag 08.04.2005, 14:11
oppdatert 14:35

(Dagbladet.no): Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn now has a second daughter. The Palace released the following press release:

"Their Majesties the King and the Queen have the pleasure of announcing that Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn, today, at 08.20 had a daughter.

The birth took place at Bloksbjerg, Hankø, with home birth that went according to plan. Everything is well with mother and child. The newborn weighed 3760 gram and is 52 cm tall.

His Royal Highness the Crown Prince Regent have informed the president of the Storting that the name of the child is Leah Isadora Behn.

The King and Queen expresses joy in receiving a third grandchild."

The pair already has a daughter by the name of Maud Angelica. P

Rare name:
The name Leah was first noticed in Norway in the 1940s. In the 60s a few girls were called Leah, and then it became quiet until the name reappeared in the 80s. Just before the turn of the century the name has seen an increase in popularity. Today, 278 women in Norway has Leah as their first name, according to Statistisk Sentralbyrå.

There are less than three women in Norway who're called Leah Isadora. There are four women who're called Isadora as first name. There are less than three women who have Isadora as the only name.

Leah means tired or worn out.
Leah means tired or worn out? I do like the name Leah (as in the way it sounds) but I'm too sure if I'm crazy about its meaning.

Tags
leah isadora behn, maud angelica behn