The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by empress sissi View Post
When can we see the first pictures of little Emma Tallulah?
When Maud Angelica was born there was an official photoshoot with the parents and the baby 2 o 3 days after the birth.
When Leah was born there were released 2 pictures of the baby the next day (without the parents).

Old 09-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

tallulah is also the name of demi moore's third daughter. she, like martha, had 2 daughters before tallulah.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the family!!! Emma is a beautiful name so it is Tallulah. I wish everything good to them.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to the family and all the best to the newborn ET

Btw
Emma - Originally a short form of Germanic names that began with the element ermen meaning "whole" or "universal". It was introduced to England by Emma of Normandy, who was the wife both of king Ethelred II (and by him the mother of Edward the Confessor) and later of king Canute. It was also borne by an 11th-century Austrian saint, who is sometimes called Hemma.
After the Norman conquest this name became common in England. It was revived in the 18th century, perhaps in part due to Matthew Prior's poem 'Henry and Emma' (1709). It was also used by Jane Austen for the central character, the matchmaker Emma Woodhouse, in her novel 'Emma' (1816).

Tallulah - Means "leaping waters" in the Choctaw language. This is the name of waterfalls in Georgia. It was borne by American actress Tallulah Bankhead (1902-1968), who was named after her grandmother, who may have been named after the waterfalls.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Congratulations to the family and all the best to the newborn ET

Btw
Emma - Originally a short form of Germanic names that began with the element ermen meaning "whole" or "universal". It was introduced to England by Emma of Normandy, who was the wife both of king Ethelred II (and by him the mother of Edward the Confessor) and later of king Canute. It was also borne by an 11th-century Austrian saint, who is sometimes called Hemma.
After the Norman conquest this name became common in England. It was revived in the 18th century, perhaps in part due to Matthew Prior's poem 'Henry and Emma' (1709). It was also used by Jane Austen for the central character, the matchmaker Emma Woodhouse, in her novel 'Emma' (1816).

Tallulah - Means "leaping waters" in the Choctaw language. This is the name of waterfalls in Georgia. It was borne by American actress Tallulah Bankhead (1902-1968), who was named after her grandmother, who may have been named after the waterfalls.
Magnik, thats so nice of you to present that information to us very interesting.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Courtier

Tallulah is a very old name. It has gained recent popularity especially amoung celebrities.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Courtier

How is it pronounced in Norway or English??
Old 09-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
How is it pronounced in Norway or English??
EMMA
Usage: English, French, Italian, Finnish, Dutch Pronounced: EM-ə (English)

TALLULAH
Usage: English (Rare) Pronounced: tə-LOO-lə [key]

Old 09-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pretty names! cant wait for pics!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Nobility

In the news on TV tonight, they reported that Princess Märtha Louise gave birth to her third daughter, and that she will have time off from the school she started last fall, educating people to communicate with angels among others.

They also reported it has been two years since she showed her girls in a photo shoot before Christmas, and that she would like to keep her children away from the media as much as possible to protect them so they will not be recognized easy. I still hope we will see a piture of little Emma Tallulah, but if they were correct on the news, Märtha Louise might pull back from the public eye for quite a while. Now for obvious reasons because of her newborn daughter, but she might continue to be out of the sight for quite a while.

Wishing them all the best.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to Princess Martha-Louise and her family! Emma is such a beautiful name. I am glad to hear that mother and baby are doing well, and I am looking forward to seeing the photos.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Nobility

Congratulations
im really happy for the prinsess , nice name!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Nobility

congrats to the family!! now Princess Ingrid Alexandra doesn't have to worry about being the only girl during family get-togethers. she now has three cousins to play with. now Prince Sverre MAgnus and MArius are outnumbered.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I love the name Emma. It's a short and graceful name, and very regal IMO.

This royal family really knows how to choose pretty names to the little girls: Ingrid, Maud, Leah and Emma. Just beautiful

Congratulations to the family!!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Emma is my cousin's name. I love it!

Quote:
They also reported it has been two years since she showed her girls in a photo shoot before Christmas, and that she would like to keep her children away from the media as much as possible to protect them so they will not be recognized easy. I still hope we will see a piture of little Emma Tallulah, but if they were correct on the news, Märtha Louise might pull back from the public eye for quite a while. Now for obvious reasons because of her newborn daughter, but she might continue to be out of the sight for quite a while.
Its not surprising that she wants to sheild her children, and if she can keep out of the public eye herself, then I would consider her very lucky for someone in her position.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Nobility

CONGRATULATION TO MARTHA AND ARI, AND THE ROYAL FAMILY. THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL NEWS FOR ME IN THIS DIFFICULT DAYS. I WAIT THAT SOON WE CAN SEE TO THE LITTLE PRINCESS EMMA.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Aristocracy

Congrats to the family. I hope Ari likes being the only guy in the house!

Old 09-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Serene Highness

I just knew she'd have another girl! And it would be similar to Maud and Leah's names; 4 letters in first name and 7-8 letters for middle name. Emma I could see but it was a little suprised by Talullah but then again it seems like Martha's style!
Congrats to the family!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Nobility

Congratulations for the happy family!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Aw, congratulations to them! Emma is lovely (and quite popular), but Tallulah surprised me. It's so unusual to see a name with American origins given to a European royal baby!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen

Tags
emma tallulah behn