A daughter for princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger

Commoner
Born at their summer house, her name is Leah Isadora Behn!!!

Deres Majesteter Kongen og Dronningen har gleden av å meddele at Prinsesse Märtha Louise og Ari Behn i dag, klokken 08.20 fikk en datter.
Fodselen fant sted på Bloksbjerg, Hankø ved hjemmefødsel som forløp normalt. Alt befinner seg vel med mor og barn. Den nyfødte veide 3760 gram og er 52 cm lang.
Hans Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsregenten har meddelt Stortingets President at barnets navn er Leah Isadora Behn.
Kongeparet uttrykker glede over å ha fått sitt tredje barnebarn :) :) :) :) :)

Is it true? I guess I am late and the news are old already... When did this happen? Congrats on the family!!

Wonderful news!! It seems that once again the norwegian royal house is crowded with princesses.... :)

there's another thread for martha louise's daughter...

Congratulations.

Leah Isadora, that's an unusual name.

The two threads that started nearly simultaneously have been merged.

Norwegianne
TRF Moderator

Wonderful news! Congratulations to the family and to Norway! An unusual name as well, it seems it's getting "popular" in the younger parts of the Royal Familes to use new names.

Yay! Congratulations to the parents and welcome to little Leah Isadora! :) :) :) :D

Congrats to Martha and Ari! Welcome Leah Isadora!

congratulations

Wonderful day for Norvegian Royal Family
3. grandchild and 3. girl for Queen Sonya and King Harald
congratulations

Wonderful!!!

Congratulations for the little family!!:)

And her name is unusual but pretty...Leah Isadora after Maud Angelica...

Great news! Congratulations to Märtha Louise and Ari!

congratulations!

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/04/08/marthalousie/
Princess Martha Louise of Norway and her writer husband Ari Behn are proud parents of a baby girl, born on Friday morning.

Baby Leah Isadora Behn, who weighed in at 8lbs 4oz and was just over 20 inches long, arrived at 8.20am at Bloksberg, the couple's coastal home about 100 kilometres outside of Oslo. Both mum and baby are said to be doing well.

Leah, who will not hold a royal title but is fifth in line to the throne, is the second daughter of the Norwegian princess and her husband. Their first child, Maud Angelica, turns two on April 29.

Queen Sonja and King Harald, who is recuperating from heart surgery, were said to be thrilled with the birth of their new grandchild.

Congratulations! It´s a wonderful name for her!!!!!!!!!

It will be very intersting to see the three princesses born in 2003,2004,2005 grow up.

Congrats to Princess Martha-Louise & Ari Behn! Interesting name, very original.
Does anyone know if Leah is a popular name in Norway?

theprincess said:
Congrats to Princess Martha-Louise & Ari Behn! Interesting name, very original.
Does anyone know if Leah is a popular name in Norway?

The name Leah was first noticed in Norway in the 1940s. In the 60s a few girls were called Leah, and then it became quiet until the name reappeared in the 80s. Just before the turn of the century the name has seen an increase in popularity. Today, 278 women in Norway has Leah as their first name, according to Statistisk Sentralbyrå.

There are less than three women in Norway who're called Leah Isadora. There are four women who're called Isadora as first name. There are less than three women who have Isadora as the only name.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5594

Congrats to ML and Ari on their new baby girl. I said ML would have another girl.

Congratulations to Martha Louise and Ari Behn. Two daughters, that's just wonderful and may God bless them.

I have to hand it to the couple, they pick the best names. I loved Maud Angelica and now I absolutely love Leah Isadora, especially Isadora. Wonderful choice by the couple.:)

i understand for Princess Martha louise cant give her 2 daughter titles when she got married to Ari i respect!

im happy for her have new baby daughter and also maud had new baby sister

im proud HM Queen and HM King become proud grandparents of newly grandbaby

Sara Boyce

Queen Sonja of Norway speaks to media as she arrives for a grandmother visit at Bloksberg, the vacation home of Princess Märtha Louise and her husband Ari Behn, on an island near the city of Fredrikstad, south of Oslo, Friday 08 April 2005. Norway's Princess Märtha Louise gave birth to her second child early Friday at Bloksberg. The baby, a girl, was named Leah Isadora Behn.

ANP Picture

Attachments

• 2643362.jpg
    2643362.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Scanpix pictures (without a logo) from www.adressa.no
Dronning Sonja strålte og var tydelig fornøyd over at hun for tredje gang var blitt bestemor, da hun fredag ankom Bloksberg på Hankø for å besøke prinsesse Märtha Louise og Ari Behn.

Attachments

• Sonja_541642b Scanpix.jpg
    Sonja_541642b Scanpix.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 323
Congratulations to Martha and Ari and big sister Maud and OF course to all the grandparents and uncles and aunts and cousins to the new addition..

Congratulations to Märtha-Louise, Ari, Maud and all of their family. Leah Isadora is a very pretty name. :)

More visitors for Märtha Louise and family

The Queen accompanied by palace press secretary Gjeruldsen

Aris Mother Marianne Solbergh Behn

The Midwife that assisted during the birth, Åse Gretten Mørch, she said it was a totally natural birth, she also said that Ari was a great support and that he got a totally different role than he would have in a hospital where she says the man often feels like a guest. Mørch has during her 14 years assisted in 300 home births

Märthas Maid of Honour Marianne Ulrichsen , with her husband Didrik Vigernæs and their son Victor and dog

all pictures from dagbladet

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 293
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 374
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 257
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 344
Leah Isadora. what a beautiful name. I wonder if the princess and her husband picked the name Leah for its biblical meaning, or just because they liked it.

Isadora is a character in Ari Behn's first book, I've been told. So he certainly must like the name.

norwegianne said:
Isadora is a character in Ari Behn's first book, I've been told. So he certainly must like the name.
Really? Is anyone here who read it?
Julia

Back
Top Bottom