Edinburgh Family Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
sara1981 said:
do you have pictures of Earl and Countess of Wessex but i look forward of couples and i would like see that pictures really soon when both was in engagement pictures as white and black pictures sides and front also Duke and Duchess of York pics in 1986,Prince and Princess of Wales in 1981 like each pictures in Queen's children engagement pictures.
Sara, I remembered your question when I refound the following pic today, in case you have not found it untill today, here it is :):

qrlll2.jpg

(FIS)

Earl and Countess of Wessex picture thread

Welcome to the thread for old photos of the Earl and Countess of Wessex.

Please note that old photos may not be directly attached to the thread, and they may not be hotlinked from a commercial website. They should be hosted separately at a photo-hosting site such as ImageShack or Photobucket and posted from there.

hey!
i didn't read anywhere that they were in holiday in 2005 with their little girl! please post the phto! quality doesn't matter!

sydney00 said:
hey!
i didn't read anywhere that they were in holiday in 2005 with their little girl! please post the phto! quality doesn't matter!

right, here is the photo, as I said before the quality is very very bad.
photo from New idea magazine.

louiseenlanieve.jpg

I'm quite surprised that a thread with that topic has not excisted yet. So I'll have to scan some pics in soon ;) Here are some from 2001 and 2002:

rbjtjn.jpg
rbju5f.jpg
rbjxhd.jpg

(cover)

Great pictures, Laviollette! Thanks for posting. Is that an agency we can all get pics from? Never heard of it before..
Here are some pics from Gettyimages/Tim Graham, still I can't believe that these pics have not been posted elsewhere, but well, definetely not in this thread :)

rcle1c.jpg
rcle9e.jpg

rcles1.jpg

(Getty 1999 and 2x 2000)

And some from 2002, also from Gettyimages, I like that couple a lot, very lovely, elegant and kind of discreet, I do not find a better word for that..:)
rclfd1.jpg
rclfgo.jpg

rclh02.jpg

rclh5j.jpg
rclhdx.jpg

rclh86.jpg

I've always adored them as a couple but they are so low-key, it's not easy to get info on them unless Sophie has shot a bird or put on a fur hat. ;) The pics show they've been doing a lot of royal duties in the last several years, which is not always noticed. I'm glad everyone likes the pictures. It's my pleasure and you're very welcome. :)

someone said earlier they liked her hair short...it's funny how people see thing differently...i like her hair longer. at any rate she's such a lovely woman. always so well dressed. she wears clothes very well doesn't she.

I wasn't too sure of them in the beginning. They got off to a rocky start but now they seem to have come into their own : a hard working couple who help the Queen and Duke with the family firm. I do admire Sophie in that she always is very discreet and lets Edward assume the role that he is known for: son of a queen. She is a good support system for Edward. They seem very happy with their marriage and their daughter!

Laviollette,
Thanks also to you for the very nice pictures of the couple. They are a handsome and striking couple.

Edward reminds me of Charles a little bit. Both needed and need strong women behind them for support but who know how to let their royal spouse shine!!
Linda 85

I'm quite surprised that a thread with that topic has not excisted yet.

Hi Iceflower,

The reason this thread looks new is that until a few months ago we had threads called "News and Pictures threads" where news, new photos, and old photos could all be posted. Because of the bandwidth problems we decided to limit direct attachments to new photos, and to make things easier we split the News and Pictures threads into Current Events threads, where new photos are posted and may be directly attached, and Pictures threads, which are for old photos that must be hosted separately.

It's only recently that the Earl and Countess of Wessex News and Pictures thread hit ten pages and was replaced by the new format. There are still some News and Pictures threads around the forums, and old photos may be posted in those threads but they must be separately hosted.

I think that she is such an attractive woman! They make a lovely couple.

Thanks for posting all those great older photos it is lovely to see how Sophie's style has improved since her marriage. I have always thought her really appropiate and so she continues to be .

Paula** said:
Doesn't she looks just a little bit with Diana?;)
At first glance, i used to think that she reminded me of Princess Diana, but they dont look alike at all when you look at them. Sophie looks more chubbier and she has a different facial structure

Hello to all--I'm new. I think Sophie has a more mature style than Diana had. Diana was always chic no matter what she wore. I think Sophie prefers the suits with trim fitting skirts, the blazer with pants--those always look best on her. She is not the tall, lanky, lean look that Diana had but a more mature looking woman. There is a lot of resemblance between her and Diana, though.

Other than that Tiara, she was quite a beautiful bride.

Laviollette said:
photo: Royal Jubbly Productions; the couple in May 2000, photo source: Hola; and Scanpix photo
The Prince has always had a problem with dressing properly in which it was commented on when he turned 21 and was wearing socks and shoes that were mismatched during a photo shoot. Unless his pants has some tan or brown in them, aren't those the wrong shoes with the suit? Anyone see what I see and agree or disagree?:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, the shoes do stand out a bit but maybe at the time, that was the fashion??:confused:

Sophie - viewimages.co.uk; Reuters photo; last photo c/o of The Scotsman

sophie8yv.png
sophiemonaco7de.png
sophie19bn.png
sophiereuters9sw.jpg
thescotsman16da.jpg

Last edited:
Edward and Sophie leave the hospital, without Lady Louise, November 2003.

Getty Images; Tim Graham/Getty Images

Sophie Rhys-Jones, December 20, 1993...Countess-in-waiting, June 10, 1999; photos: AFP, Tim Graham/Getty Images

sophie19932an.jpg
1999june109vu.jpg

Thanks for all the pics you added, Laviollette!
As promised I started to scan in some of my pics:
Some lovely ones from 1996:
rqyotu.jpg
rqyquu.jpg

rqyr8n.jpg
rqyrsi.jpg

(FIS)

One from 1997 and two more from 1996:
rqyukl.jpg
rqytmt.jpg
rqyuzm.jpg

(das neue)

TRH's at Charles and Camilla's wedding; Getty Images & AFP.

cc6tu.jpg
ccwedding3ti.jpg

Prince Andrew, Peter Philips, Prince Edward walking to church for Easter service, 2005; Sophie in January 1999. Tim Graham/Getty Images

easterservicemarch20055zx.jpg
1999jan7qm.jpg

Pics from 1997, 2x 1999 and 1996:

ru1zlz.jpg

ru1zx5.jpg
ru1zzm.jpg
ru204l.jpg

(HOLA, FIS)

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again thanks K!!
That second picture is awesome, it seems like they are having such an great time:D

Indeed, I also like that second pic a lot :)

Here are two pics from 1995 and two from 1999 :)
rvklu8.jpg

rvkm53.jpg
rvkmbn.jpg
rvkmeg.jpg

(FIS, das neue)

Back
Top Bottom