Edinburgh Family Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My anti-virus keeps popping up and blocking this site, and I think I'd picked up something from it in the past. So be careful, folks.

Here I found some REX photos in bigger size :) , random pictures of the Prince Edward and Countess of Wessex (on most holding hands) from 1999-2011 :flowers:
enjoy

The images wont open, not sure why. It's perhaps my internet. Images like those are rare for them. Are the majority of the images from a few years ago?

I think the camera caught them when they were talking, and they are also walking, but yes, Sophie does not look particularly amused, nor does Edward. It was a sweet image though. They rarely hold hands in public, so it was a nice touch.
I agree with you Molly: when people are chatting they don't keep smilling all the time. Their faces react to what they are saying at each moment. Unless when they're "acting" it out, with forced and unnatural smiles for the cameras...
I watched the transmission of the DofC wedding last April, from 2 different stations: BBC and E. For a moment, a glimpse, when they showed them arriving at Buckingham, back from the cerimony, Pr Edward and Sophie got down from their carriage, and I thought it was so lovely that they were holding hands as they got to the stairs to enter in the palace! I thought it was a great sign after 12 years of marriage! Have anyone noticed that > It was so quick! I wish the transmission had spent more time on the Royals then on the Beckhams or Guy Ritchie...

I wish the transmission had spent more time on the Royals then on the Beckhams or Guy Ritchie...

Absolutely with you there!!! Far too much time on Beckhams.... and not enough on the Wessexes!

I agree with you Molly: when people are chatting they don't keep smilling all the time. Their faces react to what they are saying at each moment. Unless when they're "acting" it out, with forced and unnatural smiles for the cameras...
I watched the transmission of the DofC wedding last April, from 2 different stations: BBC and E. For a moment, a glimpse, when they showed them arriving at Buckingham, back from the cerimony, Pr Edward and Sophie got down from their carriage, and I thought it was so lovely that they were holding hands as they got to the stairs to enter in the palace! I thought it was a great sign after 12 years of marriage! Have anyone noticed that > It was so quick! I wish the transmission had spent more time on the Royals then on the Beckhams or Guy Ritchie...

yes, actually she was putting her hand on his arm all the time (also on the dinner evening before), presumably because of her broken ribs and pain while walking... still it s nice :flowers:

You're right. I had forgotten she had broken her rib. I believe she also had her had on the back of Camilla's chair when they were standing as well. But who cares at least we get to see them show affection in public.

Here are a few pictures of Edward and Sophie from the religious ceremony of the Royal Wedding in Monaco.

Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock Hold Religious Ceremony: Second Day Of Wedding | World News | Sky News
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/02/article-2010625-0CD6065100000578-674_306x507.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/02/article-2010625-0CD6689000000578-130_306x476.jpg

To me Sophie's hat looks like a mix of the hat she wore to the Epsom Derby and Zara's hat from the Cambridge Wedding.

Last edited:
I thought Sophie looked lovely at the church service; her dress was stunning and her hat was excellent. It does look like a mix of other hats but I think they look lovely when she has her hair up. Edward looked lovely too, though his suit was so BRIGHT. I know it's meant to be but, wow. Plenty of Daz washing powder there!

Here are some more images: One, Two, Three, four andFive.

I thought Sophie looked lovely at the church service; her dress was stunning and her hat was excellent. It does look like a mix of other hats but I think they look lovely when she has her hair up. Edward looked lovely too, though his suit was so BRIGHT. I know it's meant to be but, wow. Plenty of Daz washing powder there!

Here are some more images: One, Two, Three, four andFive.

great one of the evening! wasn't there any woman next to the EoW? I thought there must be? well, he looks better with his countess anyway:whistling:

Thanks for all those great photos Sophie looked great at every ocassion during this weekend,I am just loving seeing plenty of her out and about...hope we continue to get such lovely photos. Thanks BTW to all of you for the posts.

Prince Edward looks alot like the Queen. Albeit in a more masculine way.

Molly2101 I love your sense of humour :ROFLMAO: I guess if they switched clothes, "she" could rule for another 60 years. No one would notice

Molly2101 I love your sense of humour :ROFLMAO: I guess if they switched clothes, "she" could rule for another 60 years. No one would notice

:lol: Almost spilt my tea !!! Too too wicked !!!

I am glad I amuse others! But it is true, he is so like his mother and Louise looks just like her father. Genetics are a wonderful thing! Poor Sophie, neither of her kids look like her.

At least no one will ever question their paternity :) Talk about clones. But Sophie must certainly feel a little left out in the family pictures :)

No, they can't question paternity, that's for sure. They are cute little kids though. The Windsor genes are exceptionally strong me thinks. Perhaps James does look like Sophie as a child, we just wont ever know as we will never see images of her as a young child. Though he does look a lot like Edward, haha.

I hope to see Louise at Zara and Mike's wedding. :)

No, they can't question paternity, that's for sure. They are cute little kids though. The Windsor genes are exceptionally strong me thinks. Perhaps James does look like Sophie as a child, we just wont ever know as we will never see images of her as a young child. Though he does look a lot like Edward, haha.

I hope to see Louise at Zara and Mike's wedding. :)

I think that James looks a little bit of a young Prince Charles. I see the Windsor genes in all of the Queen's grandchildren.

And I also hop that Louise will be at Zara & Mike's wedding.

I just found some new photos from the Monaco wedding
[edit]arrival and walking around Monaco
pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
party after civil wedding
pic5
pic6
and after religious wedding
pic7
pic8
enjoy :)

Last edited:
Love the photos MagMil.
I especially like the ones of them walking around. It almost makes them seem like a regular couple. It definitely has to be the most casual I've seen Edward in some time.

Thank you for the photos, MagMil. Love the dress Sophie wore for her 40th birthday. She wears red rather well. The color of the arrival dress in Monaco is lovely too. Can't forget about the pictures of Louise 'riding' on her father's back. Too cute (even if we can't really see her face).

Awww look at Louise's hat! That is adorable. She looked so cute, i want to pinch her cheeks. :D Edward doing father duty well. Very cute. Love the other images as well, particularly the one from her birthday.

The images from Monaco are lovely too; I am in love with that blue dress and must own it. Edward looks good in his shades! I agree with Princess Lili, Edward looks very relaxed. It looks good on him.

GettyImages have some cute videos of Trooping of the Colour of Louise on the balcony with the Royal Family and you can see Edward explaining something to her and then Sophie tells her to bow her head. It's precious. She is beyond adorable and having a chat with the girl beside her,

Trooping of the Coloyr

Thank you for the link Molly. :flowers:

All the kids seemed to be so excited, though for a little while there, the Taylor girls were a little antsy (and I still don't get the whole hair band chewing). I love Louise's enthusiasm. She wanted to be included in conversations.

Thank you very much Molly2101 :twohearts:
This video is precious , Louise is adorable.It's nice to see , how she wants to know about protocol -- like when to bow with the had etc. Very enthusiastic little lady :)

For those who subscribe/purchase 'MAJESTY' magazine, you will like to hear that there are a few pictures of Louise. I bought the June issue last weekend and was pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom