The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Gentry

Countess of Wessex's brother & family

We never seem to hear anything of Sophie's brother and his family. Have seen pictures with her father but you never see I think his name is David pictured with her or attending events or more so invited by the royal family? It would be nice for Sophie to have her brother and family around now that her Mum has gone.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona View Post
Does the Earl see his nephews beyond the big extended family gatherings?

As Edward is most closest to the Wales boys in age, he might be a good "big brother"/mentor for them.
=====================

Just my view, but I doubt that Edward is close to the Wales boys. One never seems to hear anything about it, or see them together. Also, the antipathy between Charles and Edward (especially relating to Edward´s company trying to film William at university without his consent) would not have helped

Old 06-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
We never seem to hear anything of Sophie's brother and his family. Have seen pictures with her father but you never see I think his name is David pictured with her or attending events or more so invited by the royal family?
well they sometimes are... i recently posted some in the events thread, they are from the windsor horse show (some years ago)
and claire posted that she thinks, david and zara attended these year's ascot, look at her pics...i'm not sure if that were the rhys-jones, but maybe
Old 08-20-2007, 06:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSSEAN View Post
I really like this couple. To me, they are a team in every sense of the word and a great asset to the British Royal Family. When I see HRH Prince Edward in any news item, I will immediately try and locate HRH The Countess and vice versa. This shows the unity they have forged into their roles. And they are so comfortable in their love for each other in public. No great contrived show of affection in public. They are the top (current) Royal couple in my books!! Hope that when it finally happens, HRH Prince William of Wales will travel down this road too.
I couldn'e agree with you more, and I think this is the feeling of the general public!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:30 AM
Administrator

Here's a very nice pic of a happy and laughing Sophie in 1999

Sophie 1999
Old 08-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Aristocracy

well she looks like she has a double chin - not too flattering xD
Old 08-24-2007, 12:19 AM

err help a newbie will ya... i see the frog and found a confusing site.. but what does it mean... and how come the admin posts on the site but the other got told off?? i am missing sommat Big... sorry but am not comp literate...
hugs
Old 08-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Aristocracy

At least she looks happy... But honestly I think it is a nice picture even if she has the tiniest double chin. I wouldn't complain if my chin looked like that!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Aristocracy

well i just wanted to say that there are pics where she looks thinner
Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Commoner

Talking

I have always loved Sophie. She has such a natural beauty about her. However, sometimes I think she looks much dowdier than she really is. Maybe she is just not that obsessed with clothes, and has more important things to think about :)
Old 10-01-2007, 03:31 AM
Administrator

Here's a pic of Edward making some new experiences
during an official event in 1991

--> Edward 1991
Old 10-15-2007, 05:33 AM
Commoner

We see almost no photos of Lady Louise. Though come to think of it, Princess Anne allowed few public photos of her children when they were growing up.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:59 PM

ABACA Press Galleries
ABACA 1
ABACA 2
ABACA 3
ABACA 4
ABACA 5
Old 12-20-2007, 07:49 PM

If you guys have facebook you can join this group about the Wessex family that someone made. I added a bunch of pics to the group, spanning the whole time of their marriage. The direct link: Facebook | Login

For anyone who did have problems with my Abaca links, try these:
Search words: Sophie Rhys-Jones (62 PICTURES)

Search words: Countess of Wessex (30 PICTURES)

Search words: Prince Edward (79 PICTURES)
Old 12-21-2007, 01:18 PM

22 September 2003
The Countess of Wessex visited the Peckham Settlement in South London to open the All Nations Nursery unit.
Quote:
She took over as patron from the late Princess Margaret. Unveiling a plaque today, Sophie said: 'It is a great honour for me to continue the work that Princess Margaret carried out. (Photo by Ian Jones/ROTA/Getty Images)
Getty Images (8)

17 May 2003
The Earl and Countess at the Royal Windsor Horse Show
Getty Images (10)

14 November 2003
Prince Edward, The Earl of Wessex addressed the press regarding the birth of his daughter, who was born on 8 November.
Getty Images (8)

19 November 2003
The Earl and Countess leave the hospital with Lady Louise
Getty Images (6)
Old 12-21-2007, 01:45 PM

24 May 2004
The Countess visited St. Mary's Hospital in London to meet meningitis patients.
Getty Images (14)

21 June 2004
The Countess opened the "Friendship House" hostel (owned by the London Hostels Association), Southwark, London
Getty Images (10)

9 September 2004
The Earl and Countess attended a Tom Jones concert in Lisbon, Portugal during their inaugural visit to Alochete. Just before the concert, the royal couple opened the "Freeport" fashion store, the single largest UK retail investment outside the UK.
Getty Images (28)

2-4 November 2004
The Earl and Countess visited Poland.
Getty Images (23)

10 December 2004
The Countess attended the BT Childline Awards, BT Tower, London
Getty Images (17)
Old 12-21-2007, 02:16 PM

20 January 2005
The Countess paid a birthday visit to Collingwood College in Camberley, Surrey to open a new sixth form centre. It was her 40th birthday.
Getty Images (20)

10 February 2005
The Countess visited the Breast Cancer Haven Centre in London on the occasion of its fifth anniversary.
Getty Images (12)

29 September 2005
The Countess visited the neo-natal unit at the Great Ormond Street Hospital in London
Getty Images (9)

13 October 2005
The Countess attended the "Seeing is Believing" reception at the Royal Academy of the Arts to mark World Sight Day. HRH is Patron of the "Vision 20/20: The Right to Sight" charity.
Getty Images (6)

9 November 2005
The Countess attended the Dyslexia Institute Awards Dinner at the Dorchester Hotel, London.
Getty Images (22)
Old 12-31-2007, 03:41 AM
Administrator

Here are some pics of young Edward, I remember how much
he was criticised for doing things like in the second and third
pic, playing at a theatre and so on..

Edward 1

Edward 2

Edward 3
Old 03-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Here is a pic of the only painting the Countess of Wessex has ever sat for. Edward and Sophie don't normally sit for artists, but the Queen Alexander Nursing Corps was adament that they wanted a painting. Here it is. I'm interested to know what you guys think of it. It was painted a while back. I personally don't like it at all, it seems all wrong, from Sophie's outfit and hair to the composition of the painting itself. I expect that something is missing on the chair.

QARANC Association
Old 03-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Oh wow that really is not a very flattering portrait, the Countess is barely recognisable. I think perhaps they should have had her sit instead of standing and I’m not sure her purse is really necessary. The entire thing, like you said, just seems all wrong.

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, edward, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, pictures, prince edward, sophie, viscount severn