Edinburgh Family Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GettyImages have some cute videos of Trooping of the Colour of Louise on the balcony with the Royal Family and you can see Edward explaining something to her and then Sophie tells her to bow her head. It's precious. She is beyond adorable and having a chat with the girl beside her,

Trooping of the Coloyr

haha the video is really great.. i just wonder why they are always the only ones to bow their heads.. in some video there was also a procession at st george's chapel, i guess it was the order of the garter, and the they are the only ones to bow their head when the queen leaves..
in the video, i especially loved the scene, when louise goes down a bit and the CoWe is not too pleased with that :lol:

I think Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor is fast becoming the BRF's "secret weapon" :))

For those who subscribe/purchase 'MAJESTY' magazine, you will like to hear that there are a few pictures of Louise. I bought the June issue last weekend and was pleasantly surprised.

I never see this magazine in regular shops. Well, I say I have never seen it but to I have never really looked for it, haha. Perhaps I will from now on.

What images of Louise are in it?

sydney00 said:
haha the video is really great.. i just wonder why they are always the only ones to bow their heads.. in some video there was also a procession at st george's chapel, i guess it was the order of the garter, and the they are the only ones to bow their head when the queen leaves..
in the video, i especially loved the scene, when louise goes down a bit and the CoWe is not too pleased with that :lol:
I am not sure why they always do it. Perhaps they do it as respect for the Queen. Sophie is often seen curtseying to the Queen at events. There are images of Sophie curtseying to the Queen at the Windsor Horse Show, and she is the only one to curtsey in the videos of the Queen leaving the funeral of Sir Edmund Hillary. She obviously respects her mother-in-law and knows to follow Royal protocol. They are maybe teaching Louise young, haha!

I thought the moment when Louise knelt down and Sophie obviously told her to stand up was so cute. It looked like Sophie stroked Louise's cheek or chin as she told her to get up. Quite cute.

I LOVE to hink of Lady Louise as their secret wedding, and I really hope she attends Zara's wedding. She was at Peter's after all.

I never see this magazine in regular shops. Well, I say I have never seen it but to I have never really looked for it, haha. Perhaps I will from now on.

What images of Louise are in it?

I am not sure why they always do it. Perhaps they do it as respect for the Queen. Sophie is often seen curtseying to the Queen at events. There are images of Sophie curtseying to the Queen at the Windsor Horse Show, and she is the only one to curtsey in the videos of the Queen leaving the funeral of Sir Edmund Hillary. She obviously respects her mother-in-law and knows to follow Royal protocol. They are maybe teaching Louise young, haha!

I thought the moment when Louise knelt down and Sophie obviously told her to stand up was so cute. It looked like Sophie stroked Louise's cheek or chin as she told her to get up. Quite cute.

I LOVE to hink of Lady Louise as their secret wedding, and I really hope she attends Zara's wedding. She was at Peter's after all.

It's the picture of Louise and James riding with Her Majesty, and a picture from this year's Windsor Horse Show (the one where HM pulls on Louise's hat).

Last edited:
It's a cute expression as she is clearly a bit bored by that point.

Thanks for the images. Sophie, as always, looks stunning. I am in love with her hattttttt! It's amazing.

Another image, showing the detail of her hair. It looks beautiful

Sophie and Edward.

I am a little bit gutted that Lady Louise isn't there. I had my heart set on a cute little image of Edward, Sophie and Louise!

Thanks for the images. Sophie, as always, looks stunning. I am in love with her hattttttt! It's amazing.

Sophie and Edward.

I am a little bit gutted that Lady Louise isn't there. I had my heart set on a cute little image of Edward, Sophie and Louise!

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
yup
Maybe she is one of the bridesmaids but we don't see yet a photo :)

Edit
To bad :( we don't see Lady Louise :(
pic1
pic2

Last edited:
I loved her whole outfit today. In my opinion her outfit looks a bit like what Kate wore.

Everything about her look is divine! Sh's is definitely one of the most stylist royal ladies around!
The hat was the best part!

Sophie and Edward.

Sophie looked lovely today. Love the whole outfit. Elegant and classy.

As for the attendance of Louise, she may very well have been there, but arrived separately, maybe with the nanny. Perhaps she wanted to take a break and not be a bride's maid too. Though it would have been nice to get a little glimpse. She's precious.

Sophie looked lovely today. Love the whole outfit. Elegant and classy.

As for the attendance of Louise, she may very well have been there, but arrived separately, maybe with the nanny. Perhaps she wanted to take a break and not be a bride's maid too. Though it would have been nice to get a little glimpse. She's precious.

You are right, Louise could have been brought in with someone else. If she was I would be majorly disappointed! I doubt she went though, as I don't think Edward and Sophie are as protective anymore regarding pictures being taken of her, so I would've thought they would have allowed her to come with them, especially as Louise would have LOVED the media attention, and she could have waved some more!

Some more images, just because we can! I always like that Edward and Sophie hook arms when they walk out of places like this, it's very sweet. The video of them going into the church is amusing as Edward is walking with his hands behind his back and Sophie obviously says something to him about taking her arm and he holds his out for her. Amusing.

One, two, three, four

You are right, Louise could have been brought in with someone else. If she was I would be majorly disappointed! I doubt she went though, as I don't think Edward and Sophie are as protective anymore regarding pictures being taken of her, so I would've thought they would have allowed her to come with them, especially as Louise would have LOVED the media attention, and she could have waved some more!

Some more images, just because we can! I always like that Edward and Sophie hook arms when they walk out of places like this, it's very sweet. The video of them going into the church is amusing as Edward is walking with his hands behind his back and Sophie obviously says something to him about taking her arm and he holds his out for her. Amusing.

One, two, three, four

Here is some more ;)
pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5
pic6
pic7
the look

Last edited:
Mag and Molly, thank you for the pictures :flowers:.

The more I see of Edward, the more I'm convinced that him and William will look almost identical in a few years' time (not that it's a bad thing, because both are very good looking).

Mag and Molly, thank you for the pictures :flowers:.

The more I see of Edward, the more I'm convinced that him and William will look almost identical in a few years' time (not that it's a bad thing, because both are very good looking).

I know, right? In the future I think we're going to have look closer to tell them apart. The hair loss is obviously a big reason why they are so similar, but at certain angles they really resemble one another.

I have found some lovely images of Sophie and her Dad, Christopher Rhys-Jones, from Royal Ascot 2006. :) (Mainly because my day off today consisted of looking up images of things...what an exciting life I led today!) I think it's lovely how close they obviously are as it must have been very hard for Christopher, as it would for any dad, to see their daugther marry into the Royal family. They say that essentially when you marry a Royal you lose your family members as you spend Christmas with them, but it's clear that Christopher is kept very close to Sophie. It's lovely.

Sophie and Christopher 1 = Sophie and Christopher 2

I know, right? In the future I think we're going to have look closer to tell them apart. The hair loss is obviously a big reason why they are so similar, but at certain angles they really resemble one another.

I have found some lovely images of Sophie and her Dad, Christopher Rhys-Jones, from Royal Ascot 2006. :) (Mainly because my day off today consisted of looking up images of things...what an exciting life I led today!) I think it's lovely how close they obviously are as it must have been very hard for Christopher, as it would for any dad, to see their daugther marry into the Royal family. They say that essentially when you marry a Royal you lose your family members as you spend Christmas with them, but it's clear that Christopher is kept very close to Sophie. It's lovely.

Thanks Molly
It's really sweet moment :)
From this and other pictures you can see that they have very close relationship.But her father haven't just with Sophie, also with his son-in-law too.

Last edited:
Very nice pictures of Sophie and her father. I noticed that she actually looked very tired and washed out on those pictures. She looks younger now...5 years later!
How does she do that? I don't think she is a botox of filler type of person. But I do find it remarkable especially because she lost weight as well. Maybe she does facial excercises:lol:
Anyway.. nice lady. Good for her that she keeps up the good looks.

Really love these.:flowers:

They are lovely, aren't they? It's lovely to see Christopher invited to many occasions, and he is often see at the church services for New Year at Sandringham. It's lovely that Elizabeth and Philip have welcomed their son's father-in-law, particularly since the death of his wife, to their family gatherings. I remember a few images of Christopher walking with Prince Philip towards a service. Nice to see them together.

I also like that Sophie's brother and sister-in-law are friends of the ycouple, and are see at the Windsor Horse Show with Sophie's own family. It's lovely to see.

They are lovely, aren't they? It's lovely to see Christopher invited to many occasions, and he is often see at the church services for New Year at Sandringham. It's lovely that Elizabeth and Philip have welcomed their son's father-in-law, particularly since the death of his wife, to their family gatherings. I remember a few images of Christopher walking with Prince Philip towards a service. Nice to see them together.

I also like that Sophie's brother and sister-in-law are friends of the ycouple, and are see at the Windsor Horse Show with Sophie's own family. It's lovely to see.

This is very considerate of Her Majesty. Shows us just how much she respects her daughter-in-law and her family (also shows a very compassionate side, which is always pleasant to witness).

:flowers:
I adore this Lady!

She always looks so elegant and natural.

I think she is a blessing to the BRF.

I wish her & Edward much happiness.;)

At first glance, i used to think that she reminded me of Princess Diana, but they dont look alike at all when you look at them. Sophie looks more chubbier and she has a different facial structure

True. Countess of Wessex does reminds me of the late Princess Diana, too. They're a little bit a look-a-like. But still, they had indifference :)

It's always lovely to see images of the Wessex crew! I love the black and white images for the wedding stamps. They both look so young in them. The first one is lovely, they look so happy. I love the image of them at the Monaco wedding, Sophie looked stunning that day. It makes me want to go out and buy a hat.

The final image of the 4 of them is so cute, mainly because James does not look amused at the idea of posing for images. He is so upset, poor little dude. I also love that Louise is wearing gloves and wellington boots. She clearly dressed herself that morning.

I agree Tyger about the family resemblances. The Windsor clan all look alike at times. Edward is definitely Queen Elizabeth's son, that's for sure. He is a masculine version of her, and Lady Louise is a feminine version of Edward. It is scary at times how much Louise looks like Edward. Though she gets her dimples from her mum, just like James! Cute little kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does look like he is reaching for Sophie, really cute. He looks happier once he put on the ground though, in another image.

I am in the wedding mood and I have watched Daniel and Victoria's wedding clips on YouTube today and I came across a few of some choir singing and there's a moment where Edward and Sophie are walking through and Edward just looks bemused the entire time. As if to say, "What is all this about?" It's a bit like "Where's Waldo?" in the clip but they appear around about 3.47 in the background. It amused me. (They're also holding hands so it's cuter.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ZydCdy4Do&feature=related

It does look like he is reaching for Sophie, really cute. He looks happier once he put on the ground though, in another image.

I am in the wedding mood and I have watched Daniel and Victoria's wedding clips on YouTube today and I came across a few of some choir singing and there's a moment where Edward and Sophie are walking through and Edward just looks bemused the entire time. As if to say, "What is all this about?" It's a bit like "Where's Waldo?" in the clip but they appear around about 3.47 in the background. It amused me. (They're also holding hands so it's cuter.)

Thanks Molly :rose2:
It's very amusing moment
I like that they hold hands , it was beautiful :flowers:

Victoria and Daniel's wedding was very different to British Royal weddings, which is probably a good thing. It was just very cheesy, but it worked. The choir was by far the best bit though. There was also another bit where Edward was caught with the choir as they were singing and throwing petals. His face is once again total bemusement. The hand-holding was extra cute. :)

This was definitely different (but not in a bad way, mind you). Sophie looked stunning (no surprise there). Love the hand holding too :lol:.

This is not necessarily on topic, but I've noticed that I'm able to spot more and more royals from the continent. Being on this forum helps with that, I think. Great videos, Molly :flowers:.

I am the same Daria! I now watch the videos and think, "Oh look it's Maxima and Queen Sofia!" I am definitely becoming more educated in European Royal families since joining this forum. Beforehand I was quite ignorant and didn't realise so many countries had a Monarch.

The video still amuses me as the singers are so enthusiastic and the guests are thinking, "what the heckkkk?!"

Back
Top Bottom