The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Earl and Countess of Wessex to visit Czech Republic - March 2013.

Thanks to Ducii for the original information;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducii View Post
In March they will visit also Czech republic. For Sophie it will be the first visit of this country. Edward already has visited Czech republic. I think it was in 2005.
The Earl and Countess of Wessex to visit the Czech Republic

Quote:
The Prince and his wife were invited by the Czech branch of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Foundation and the British Embassy in Prague. The full itinerary of the Royal couple is yet to be confirmed, but some engagements will include presenting international certificates from the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Foundation and the promotion of British goods and products sold in the country.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Another little trip for the Wessex's. March is a busy month for them, but of course the Duke of Edinburgh's Award requires a lot of travel. It's nice that Sophie goes along too, as it shows her support for the award and makes it nicer when she is Duchess of Edinburgh.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Nobility

The date is set. The visit will take place on 12th March. No official program published...
Old 03-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

A gala is being held in honour of the Royal couple's visit:

Royal Gala Dinner
Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Courtier

Stunning Sophie with her husband during visit to Czech Republic:
Fotogalerie: Prezident Milo
Old 03-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Majesty

The Countess of Wessex look beautiful.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
Stunning Sophie with her husband during visit to Czech Republic:
Fotogalerie: Prezident Milo

Thanks for photos
Sophie rocks ...She looks FABULOUS
Old 03-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

The Earl of Wessex and the Countess of Wessex meet new Czech President Zeman. March 12, 2013

Cerca - Getty Images IT: CZE: Prince Edward Meets New Czech President Zeman
Old 03-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Majesty

That dress that Sophie is wearing is simply awful - has she actually put it on properly - it looks like it is caught up in her panties and needs to be pulled down at the front.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's not a dress. It's a suit with a skirt attached to the suit jacket. Making it look almost like a coatdress but shorter at the front. If it wasn't matchy matchy material and the same length all the way around she probably could have pulled it off. I'm trying to find the designer.

Here's a front on picture - http://25.media.tumblr.com/de6b82206...yrho1_1280.jpg
Old 03-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Nobility

I think it's a sort of flared riding jacket with pants underneath. I agree- it's a little odd.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's not a dress. It's a suit with a skirt attached to the suit jacket. Making it look almost like a coatdress but shorter at the front. If it wasn't matchy matchy material and the same length all the way around she probably could have pulled it off. I'm trying to find the designer.

Here's a front on picture - http://25.media.tumblr.com/de6b82206...yrho1_1280.jpg
It's by McQueen. And btw it's a ruffle coat.
http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/wome...,en_US,pd.html

in black: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/334185
Old 03-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

God I hate that coat. Edward burn it for your wife, along with her white pant suit.

Lovely images though, nice to see a few images of their visit so far. Unusual of Getty to publish photos, this makes me happy

:O That is an expensive coat! Edward's had the same suits for years, however his wife has 7 wardrobes!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Should have been worn with a different set of pants then, because I can see the appeal but it looks awful in a matchy matchy outfit. Let's hope this gala dinner offers something nicer.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Courtier

MOlly I love this look!!! And her white pansuit by Wickstead also, maybe not from the back, but from the front it looks good on her :)
Old 03-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
MOlly I love this look!!! And her white pansuit by Wickstead also, maybe not from the back, but from the front it looks good on her :)
Anna, I am not a fan of either outfits. They just don't win me over! I do love her shoes though and I love that her hair is down.

I am glad there are some videos, though I wish I knew what they were saying in some of them.

I just found out both women were born in 1965 (First Lady is a bit younger than Sophie) but look at the difference. I did read Ivana is quite shy and reserved, but Sophie does look a bit younger. I want her genetics...
Old 03-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Couple of articles of Edward and Sophie in Czech. Not sure what the article is about.... Anna, could you maybe help?

Article and Article 2 and Article 3

Nice image of the couple in the first one.

Edward/Sophie + Edward/Sophie
Old 03-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Couple of articles of Edward and Sophie in Czech. Not sure what the article is about.... Anna, could you maybe help?

Article and Article 2 and Article 3

Nice image of the couple in the first one.

Edward/Sophie + Edward/Sophie
They all talk about Edward and Sophie's visit to the Theatre and Edward presenting DOE certificates.
Main Info; Prince Edward in Prague praises the student as he goes to the theatre. It was a production of The King's Speech. In the morning the prince gave the Czernin Palace certificates 35 Czech students who have successfully completed the program Foundation International Award Duke of Edinburgh.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you very much.