The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Majesty

Here's a little tidbit about Sophie's relationship with Her Majesty. Didn't know that Friday is the day Countess of Wessex dedicates to seeing her mother-in-law (and it gives Louise and James to have a relationship with their grandmother).

Queen enjoys Sophie's visits - Celebrity News - Virgin Media

Warren, thanks for the quotes from the article posted earlier in the thread. I had no clue Her Majesty loves history. Something she has in common with a few of us then .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Here's a little tidbit about Sophie's relationship with Her Majesty. Didn't know that Friday is the day Countess of Wessex dedicates to seeing her mother-in-law (and it gives Louise and James to have a relationship with their grandmother).

Queen enjoys Sophie's visits - Celebrity News - Virgin Media

Warren, thanks for the quotes from the article posted earlier in the thread. I had no clue Her Majesty loves history. Something she has in common with a few of us then .

Thanks Daria . Great article I'm so happy that Queen and Countess of Wessex have a great relationship

Old 12-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post

Thanks Daria . Great article I'm so happy that Queen and Countess of Wessex have a great relationship
You're very welcome. I'm glad that they're getting along as well.

After reading the article, I got a mental picture of James' tricycle just standing outside, by whichever door they use to enter and exit at Windsor Castle, and a living room at Bagshot Park, cluttered with kid-related stuff .

Old 12-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
You're very welcome. I'm glad that they're getting along as well.

After reading the article, I got a mental picture of James' tricycle just standing outside, by whichever door they use to enter and exit at Windsor Castle, and a living room at Bagshot Park, cluttered with kid-related stuff .
I didn't know Sophie visited the Queen that regularly. That is so lovely, especially for Louise and James. Daria, I also had a mental image of the courtiers stepping over James' tricycle and rolling their eyes. The idea of the house covered in their toys is adorable, especially as it makes them sound so normal. I imagine Louise and James run that house, as Edward said when Louise was born that "his life is now run by not one, but two women", referring to Sophie and Louise. The way it should be, hah!

Thanks for the article link, Daria.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I didn't know Sophie visited the Queen that regularly. That is so lovely, especially for Louise and James. Daria, I also had a mental image of the courtiers stepping over James' tricycle and rolling their eyes. The idea of the house covered in their toys is adorable, especially as it makes them sound so normal. I imagine Louise and James run that house, as Edward said when Louise was born that "his life is now run by not one, but two women", referring to Sophie and Louise. The way it should be, hah!

Thanks for the article link, Daria.
You're very welcome. I imagine that Louise is one of those children who know how to get their way, but is very subtle about it. I know that if I were her nanny/teacher, I'd have a hard time saying 'no' to her. She has a sparkling personality, and I won't be able to resist her smile (I'm sure her parents and grandparents feel that way too). It'd be nice to be a fly on the wall during those visits and observe the dynamic. Glad you liked the article.

Tags
british royal family, countess of wessex, relationships, sophie