Sophie Gives Birth to a Son: James, Viscount Severn - December 17, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made an astrological chart for the new baby:
Esoterics
its an interesting chart.

^ Wow, Claire, that is cool. I don't know much about astrology but whenever I read something like this, I enjoy it. It certainly has its charms.
I do like your website, most especially the parts about Louise's namesakes. I will look forward to reading about the Viscount's namesakes. The suspense never ends with the royals, does it? Now that he is born, it's like........ ok.......... name please, NAME NAME NAME! Tell us now!
:D

I don't think the Queen usually goes to the hospital following grandchildren's births does she? I am wondering if she might make an exception here not only because the little fellow is kind of extra special after all Sophie and Edward have been through, but also Sophie's mother has died since Louise was born. Since the Queen and Sophie appear to be close.....maybe she'll visit? I'm hoping so.
Didn't HM visit Sarah after the birth of one of her girls? I want to say it was Beatrice because there was a bit of a difficult birth. But I may be mistaken.

^ Re: great-grandchildren, my bet is on this order:
Peter
Zara
William
Eugenie
Beatrice
Harry

Interesting order, CasT. Well, considering Peter is to be married in May, I'd def. say he's a good bet for the 1st great grandchild. I dunno about Zara being next. I think she's more a career woman now. I wouldn't be surprised if Beatrice married earlier than some of her other relatives.

Awww...what a beautiful baby! :wub:

Too soon to tell who the little guy takes after. Now, what about his names??

Inquiring minds want to know....

I am so very happy for this family. They both look so happy.

What a beautiful little chap. Both parents looked extremely proud and happy.
I am also excited about finding out his name. Hope that is the next thing that happens.
Thanks to all who posted pictures and video links.

Thank you everyone for the photos and links. I'm so happy for this family and that there were no complications this time around. I love the photo of P. Edward gazing into his son's face. He looks so happy and proud. Sophie looks great!

Sophie looks wonderful, and it is very touching how friendly she was to the staff. But what is the big deal about the baby being born at this hospital?

How cute !

How cute and how serious he looks... and such a cute nose.
I think he is exceptionnally beautiful:wub:

It was fun to see (on the BBC video) Prince Edward putting the baby in the car seat, and very sweet of Sophie to hug and kiss all the staff who cared for her. Maybe Lady Louise was in the car and rode home with her new brother next to her. :flowers:

Sophie looks wonderful, and it is very touching how friendly she was to the staff. But what is the big deal about the baby being born at this hospital?
IIRC this hospital was the same one Sophie was rushed to when she gave birth to Louise prematurely. Here's a link New mum Sophie Wessex leaves hospital
Viscount Severn is adorable and Sophie and Edward look thrilled!

Everyone looks splendid! What a cute little boy!I like Sophie's coat.

what a sweet baby and the wattage of his parents smile could light up a room for a week- lovely to see sophie looking so healthy and radiant and getting to go home with their precious baby boy. it was gracious and sweet for her to hug and thank everyone so warmly, i've always thought she seemed a lovely person. i'm excited they get to make Xmas with the family next week- what a great celebration around the tree. I'm very very happy for them.

What a cute baby! I wonder if he'll look like Mum or Dad.

And again no photo of Louise.....

From what I understand in the new year there will be pics released with the baby's details - probably taken by Prince Andrew - of the whole family. There is a possiblity that pics of all the royal grandchildren will also be realeased.
In order not to jeopardise there relationship with BP all journalists didn't show pics of Edward,Louise and Christopher Rhys-jones in the last few days arriving at the hospital for visits. It is well know that Edward is like a Papa Bear and would immediately approach the MCC. Louise is also not used to the press or flash photograph and would have been upsettened by the media. The press were thus on their best behaviour or else they would be left out the loop.

I'm so pleased both mother and baby are well. Sophie seems to be be doing particularly well so soon after the operation. :) She will be able to enjoy these first weeks with her little baby this time, and at Christmas time, too. Very special. I bet the Queen is delighted to have new little grandson to dote over at this time of year. A nice year-end for her and Philip.

Thank you all for posting the articles and pictures.

What a cute small little baby, the pics are so nice,
Edward carefully carrying his little son and Sophie
hugging the staff, great to see these wonderful
gestures. Me too, I would love to see many pics
of the family in the future, but I think they won't
make any differences and will keep their family life
secret and private..

From what I understand in the new year there will be pics released with the baby's details - probably taken by Prince Andrew - of the whole family. There is a possiblity that pics of all the royal grandchildren will also be realeased.
In order not to jeopardise there relationship with BP all journalists didn't show pics of Edward,Louise and Christopher Rhys-jones in the last few days arriving at the hospital for visits. It is well know that Edward is like a Papa Bear and would immediately approach the MCC. Louise is also not used to the press or flash photograph and would have been upsettened by the media. The press were thus on their best behaviour or else they would be left out the loop.

It is GREAT that Edward manages to maintain this relationship with the media, but why does it not work for other members of the family? I should think Prince Charles would love to have such an honor system exchange between the media and his family. :ermm:

I think the reason why there was comment about this hospital is that it is a National Health Service hospital, and not one of the private ones that the Royal Family usually attend.

Because she was dangerously ill when Lady Louise was born, people thought she went there because of speed, convenience, etc. But this time it was obviously deliberately chosen by the Royal couple.

i'm curious as to where the title Viscount Severn comes from and why it's used in reference to the new baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom