Sophie Gives Birth to a Son: James, Viscount Severn - December 17, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Prince Edward and Sophie on the birth of their son! I'm sure Louise will be thrilled to meet her new brother. I'm so glad this birth was much easier on Sophie this time around. She must have had the C-Section a week or two before her due date judging by the babies weight, I suppose just to be safe. Christmas will be such a joy to the Royal family this year with a new addition!

Now the Queen has a matched set again -- four grandsons and four granddaughters!

^ Yes!

Someone (I forgot who) pointed out on the "expecting" thread that Her Majesty's grandchildren follow a pattern:

Anne: Boy, Girl
Charles: Boy, Boy
Andrew: Girl, Girl
Edward: Girl, Boy

BG, BB, GG, GB

Neat huh? :D

GREAT! GREAT NEWS!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR TRH the EARL AND COUNTESS OF WESSEX.

Congratulations..wonderful news.

Stellad

Congratulations to the whole family!!!

Congratulations to the Wessex family!

Wonderful news! Congratulations to the parents and to big
sister Louise, I think that's the best and cutest Christmas
present she will get this year ;) And I'm sure the Queen is
one of the most proudest grandmothers at the moment,
another addition to her family, that's so wonderful..

:flowers: Congratulations to the family! :flowers:

Such a lovely Christmas gift for the Wessex family and the whole Royal Family

^ Don't worry! :D He does have his HRH title. Only a new Letters Patent could take the HRH away from him. He's just a prince wearing a disguise as a viscount. A prince undercover I guess. Prince Edward wanted a more normal style but had to be HRH Prince, so now he is giving the gift of a private life to his children. Because he can. :cool:

;) Although of course we at TRF know the truth........... :lol:

I think anyone in his right mind who watches the media circus surrounding the York princesses and the Wales princes and compares this to the way the untitled children of the Princess Royal are treated will understand Edward and Sophie.

Plus while it appears to be a bid deal for Europeans, it is stout British tradition to be noble without anything in your name to hint at your noble ancestry. I just came across an article of Burke's peerage from 1862 which deals with the position of the British gentry - very interesting and I wonder if princess Michael (who was born an Austrian Baronesse) ever read it...:D
AN ESSAY ON THE POSITION OF THE BRITISH GENTRY PART 1

It surely explains to me the ongoing marriages of the most noble Lords and Ladies with "commoners" that seemed so uncommon when compared to the lineages of German familys, but of course, once I understood the principle I became convinced each and every "commoner" came from a very ancient family of the British gentry and was a right British gentleman and lady.

Congratulations to the family. :flowers: I'm gald the birth went well.

:rose2: This is such wonderful news. Congratulations to the family!!! :rose2:

I can't wait to see the first pictures of the little baby boy and to know his name.

Maybe then we'll have a chance to see Lady Louise again. :wub:

Last edited:
Great news about the count and countess of wessex. It is a great christmas present. I saw his title will be Viscount Savern or something like that. Congratulations to them.

I love Prince Edward's answer on the video clip when asked how Lady Louise reacted to her little brother..He said I am about to find out..:flowers:

Interesting pattern with the Queens children and gradchildren -Anne first a boy then a girl,Charles next two boys,then Andrew with two girls now Edward first a girl then a boy.I wonder what the name will be

CONGRATS !
:lol::lol::lol:

When will we know the name ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom