Possible names for the new Lord or Lady Wessex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if anyone on here will be spot on..with all the quesses one person must have it right...well i think
Christopher Antony Phillip ..

My gut tells me it will be Philip, and then Christopher for his other grandfather, and then maybe Edward as one of the 4 names for Prince Edward.

I just feel it will be Philip for some reason.

On a sidenote, I am really surprised no one has used Victoria for a girl in a quite a while, seeing as early on there were so many, but maybe the family was Victoria'ed out? ;-)

But then I heard Diana claimed that name should she have a daughter early on...not really sure if that was true or not... This was like 20 years ago I heard this.

Looks like Philip is firmly in the lead for boys names. I cannot wait to see how accurate we are. If I remember correctly, Lady Louise's names were a big surprise for all of us!!
Philip Edward Christopher Albert

When Louise was born, I think I had guessed they'd use Alice. At least I was right about it being a middle name!

They'll probably get around to announcing the name a month or two or three from now and will release a photo of them holding the boy, taken by Prince Edward. I wouldn't be surprised if Louise is left out of any photos. These people appear to be very serious about keeping their children out of the spotlight.

Still think it's George. Maybe they'll surprise us and name him something completely unroyal like Callum or Jago or Archie.

David Edward Philip George

I doubt they will use David, given that it was the name the Duke of Windsor went by.
I agree that Phillip is a frontrunner.

Phillip George Victor Christian is another possibility.

I also doubt that David will be used; Edward liked his great-uncle,even did a documentary about him,but the Queen and Philip may frown upon the name because of their memories of the time.

Phillip

Andrew could be used (he was Phillip's father)

George (tribute to the Queen's father)

Patrick (the Queen's Uncle on her mother's side)

Christopher (Sophie's father)

Nicholas (Sophie and Edward's common ancestor that makes them 11th cousins--kinda cool)

John (I know everyone says it unlucky but I'm partial--sorry)

Richard(Edward's god-father)

I also doubt that David will be used; Edward liked his great-uncle,even did a documentary about him,but the Queen and Philip may frown upon the name because of their memories of the time.

But what about.......... Henry Charles Albert David

a/k/a Prince Harry of Wales

;)

And also............ DAVID Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley

I would like a referance to their Scottish and Welsh history.
How about Rhys Edward Philip Christopher.
I don't know how they are going to explain that the child seemed like a Philip to the press.
Maybe Nicholas or Timothy -
I expect Lord Nicholas Windsor as a godparent.

I don't know how they are going to explain that the child seemed like a Philip to the press.

:DD how true! ;)
but obviously they thought of it. but still i think the last names were clear, maybe not the first, but they just didn t thought of philip and theo by chance??! and i guess alexander has also an origin?

I also like David, James is one we've not seen for a while, either, is it? Hopefully, Edward and Sophie will have an unexpected name in there. I wonder when the announcement of his name will be made?

Well! I posted too soo!

"James Alexander Philip Theo Mountbatten-Windsor"

I LOVE it. James--what a lovely, regal name.
Where did Theo come from??

Per the article, Theo is a name shared with the baby's maternal great-grandfather.

What a great Christmas gift for the family! He's an adorable baby and I'll be Louise is having a great time helping to take care of him!

Very nice name. I like the name James alot.

I do too, actually. I am VERY happy to see the name Philip in there as well. Although, I would love to have seen Christopher too for Sophie's father. But James I like for the first name...very regal.

I think Chris Rhys-Jones is happy with the inclsion of Theo - For his father and his brother who died earlier this year.

Theo is so cute. I guess they decided Theo is more appropos to modern fashion than Theophilius.

And at least 20 of our colleagues had James picked! In my short search, quite a few had the combo of James and Phillip selected, and others got James and Alexander.

Makes you wonder if "you know who" ever reads our efforts in our little community!

(By the way, when I think of "Jamie", I think of Jamie Fraser from the Diana Gabaldon Outlander (or Stitch in Time) series...not a bad fellow to share a name with!)

Happy Holidays!

I love the name they've chosen!:wub:

James Alexander Philip Theo is perfect - modern, but yet traditional and sentimental.

James Alexander Philip Theo, what a nice name!:)

What a great name! James was a little bit of a surprise, but it seems to me like it hasn't been used in a while, so that's nice! And I'm SO glad that they included Philip in the name, as well.

I really like the name, traditional with out being old fashion.

Such long names LOL but James is ok. I like Theo a lot...

I love the name, especially James which is one of my favourite names, I think they choose a really beautiful name, and names.

Who is the Alexander after? Philip is for the Duke of Edinburgh, Theo is for Sophie's grandfather. Is James a family name or just one they liked?

Jamie Severn sounds adorable :)

Last edited:
I like the James Alexander Philip part, but am not sure about Theo, a bit to footballer for my liking thought I suppose HRH does have valid reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom