Possible names for the new Lord or Lady Wessex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
btw, shouldn't the title of this thread be "Possible names for the new Viscount or Lady Wessex?"
You mean Viscount Severn for a son... That's Edward second title which will be courtsey title for his possible son. Not Viscount Wessex. Could be but when we use LW everyone know what we talk about.

Last edited:
GIRL:
Nicole Rose Helen Victoria

BOY:
James Philip Edward Christopher

:wub:

I don't know about Rose (there is one in the family) and Helen (Sophie's second name and one in the family). Bur Nicole and Victoria are fine.

James (I hope that it wouldn't be any associates with JH) not soure, Philip after paternal grandpa, Edrward after daddy and Christopher after other grandpa ... why not as a first?

Another Girl

I think Sophie is going to have another girl. Women who are carrying male babies tend to look more masculine in the face while pregnant because of the extra male hormones. Women who are carrying female babies do not change much in the face; they stay looking feminine. Sophie's face has not changed during her pregnancy, so I think it's a girl. That's just my opinion!

and Christopher after other grandpa ... why not as a first?

There are some Nazi associations with the name through a cousin of Prince Phillip who flew with the Luftwaffe in WW2.

There are some Nazi associations with the name through a cousin of Prince Phillip who flew with the Luftwaffe in WW2.
Well, I mean St Christopher.

Royal Fan said:
Alexander Fergus Ronald Philip Michael Edward Dunno why I Just see em having a son :)
Alexander there is one Earl of Ulster, Duke of Gloucester's son.
Fergus associations fith Sarah Fergie Ferguson.
Ronald hmmm Fergie's father
Philip as I wrote before
Michael as Prince Michael of Kent
Edward as I worte before
Dunno ... interesting:D

New names

Beside the names I wrote earlier, i found two new ones. They will maybe use also the names of Sophie's grandparents. Her grandmother's name was Margaret Patricia and the grandfather's Theophilius.
(here the "source": Edward Anthony Richard Louis WINDSOR (Private) & Sophie Helen RHYS-JONES (Private))

So I think they will have a :
Philipp Andrew Albert Christopher
or
Andrew George Edward Christopher or
Philipp Theophil Edward Christopher (this one i like best)
Or
Helena Victoria Cecilia Mary or
Cecily Anne Helen Victoria
or
Margaret Anne Helen Cecily or
Helena Patricia Victoria May (this one i like best)

Too bad they don't let the creative namers here offer suggestions. Prince Theophilius or Princess Augusta would be so much more interesting than what they'll probably end up doing. I can't see them plumbing Sophie's family tree back to her grandparents' names. I think Christopher is a likely middle name for a boy after her dad and Mary is a very real possibility as a first name or a middle name for a girl after her deceased mother, even though they used it as a middle name for Louise.

My gut still says they'll be very safe and very boring choices, probably ones that were used in the past two or three generations for Queen Victoria's children or grandchildren and/or are associated with the Greek royal family.

I think it's a boy and will be named either
George Edward Christopher Philip
Philip Andrew George Christopher

If a girl, I predict she will be named Victoria after Philip's grandmother. Helena would be a good bet if not for Lady Helen Windsor.

Few more:
Hubertus
Dominic
Olivier
Victor
Cecil
Daniel

Emma
Jane
Mathilda
Olivia
Artemisia
Angelica
Anthea
Gwendolyn
Emilia

If the baby is a boy (which I very much hope it is, so that the Dukedom of Edinburgh can have a long-term future after Prince Edward is created Duke of Edinburgh) I would like the baby to be named:

Philip Andrew George Christian

After his direct male line ancestors (Prince Philip, Prince Andrew of Greece, King George I of Greece, and King Christian IX of Denmark).

If it is a girl, which I really hope it isn't, I don't know what she should be named, perhaps Helen would be nice after Sophie's mother, if she is born on Christmas Day she should be named Christabel, which is a lovely name perfect for a girl born on Christmas Day, and a middle name of both Princess Alexandra of Kent and Alice, The Dowager Duchess of Gloucester, who were of course both born on Christmas.

When do will we know the baby has been named (how long after Friday)?
Felicia, I like you name idea for if is a boy.
Girl: Helen Alice Noell Elizabeth Margaret

Well, I have to disappoint you, because the birth-date of friday is just a guess from the Daily Mail.
I suppose that the name will be known four or five days after the birth.
Anyway the happy parents will have six weeks before birth-registration

Well now we know its a boy! I think they'll name him James.

James is a good name.
I like felicia's idea because it will be very nice if the name Philip is used as a first name.

Kind of OT, but what will he be called? Will he be called Viscount Severn, or Lord Severn, or Lord (First Name)?

Kind of OT, but what will he be called? Will he be called Viscount Severn, or Lord Severn, or Lord (First Name)?

Both Viscount and Lord Severn, I think. His title is Viscount Severn, but I think as a shorthand, peers are referred to as Lord NN. The Earl of Ulster is sometimes called Lord Ulster, and his son, whose real title is Baron Culloden, is referred to as Lord Culloden, so I would assume this is the same for courtesy Viscounts too.

He won't be called Lord NN because that is a whole different title.

According to Celebrity Baby Blog via the Daily Mail the Countess has delivered a baby boy! Congratulations if its true!

Celebrity Baby Blog

No name for the baby was given.

Last edited:
I haven't guessed before but now that we know he is here, I would like it to be:
Philip Edward David James

In my opinion, they got the name just right with Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor. It was a perfect name for Lady Louise. I think they got the alliteration of the L's in Lady Louise and the M's in Mary Mountbatten just right. Also, the name is in somewhat alphabetical order, not that that really matters- A, E, and M.

I hope they get the name right with their son too.

I like the names of Philip and George.

Last edited:
I think the Viscount Severn will be named Philip Albert Christopher Edward (after his paternal grandfather and great-grandfather, his maternal grandfather, and his father)

What about Sedward or Sophard? :ROFLMAO:

Sedward Severn
Sophard Severn
Edphie Severn (Royal Fan) :D

:lol:

I'm just kicking a little silliness into the thread.

Last edited:
Now that my wish has come true for the baby to be born a boy, I want him more than before to be named Philip as his first name, after all, he will be a Duke of Edinburgh too one day.

The Queen's father's first name was really Albert actually.

I think the Viscount Severn will be named Philip Albert Christopher Edward (after his paternal grandfather and great-grandfather, his maternal grandfather, and his father)

i think that this may be what edward and sophie will decide but maybe in a different order

Albert Philip Christopher Edward

or they might use George or maybe include the name of a godparent

maybe William or Harry

????

Now that my wish has come true for the baby to be born a boy, I want him more than before to be named Philip as his first name, after all, he will be a Duke of Edinburgh too one day.

The Queen's father's first name was really Albert actually.
I would have to agree with you that since it's a boy, now that I think about it, his first name should be Philip. Philip Albert James Christopher has a nice ring to it.

I still think it will be George.

Albert has already been used for Albert Windsor. They're not going to give it as a first name to a child so close in age to him. I also doubt that Philip is going to want his grandson to have his first name any more than Elizabeth does. I'd like to see them branch out and use something adventurous: Arthur, Alfred, Augustus, Leopold, Theophilius, Duncan, Malcolm, Graeme, Piers, etc., but they're royal, this is the heir to the Duke of Edinburgh's title, and I think they're going with George because it is connected to the Greek and the British royal families. Isn't George the patron saint of England too?

Last edited:
I still think it will be George.

Albert has already been used for Albert Windsor. They're not going to give it as a first name to a child so close in age to him. I also doubt that Philip is going to want his grandson to have his first name any more than Elizabeth does. I'd like to see them branch out and use something adventurous: Arthur, Alfred, Augustus, Leopold, Theophilius, Duncan, Malcolm, Graeme, Piers, etc., but they're royal, this is the heir to the Duke of Edinburgh's title, and I think they're going with George because it is connected to the Greek and the British royal families. Isn't George the patron saint of England too?

I like your choices of names! George,Philip, Edward and Christopher, all chosen to honor family members. How long do you think it will be before the name is released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom