The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Philip Henry is just perfect for a little Lord, and if the newborn is a Lady, your choice of Victoria Louise is great to. But I think the parents would not ask us here what kind of names we likes!

Vanesa.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

How about Alfred?

Old 08-11-2007, 11:23 PM

Question

Girl = Lady Mary Margaret Rose Mountbatten-Windsor
Boy = Christopher Antony Robert Louis, Viscount Severn

The "Robert" has no family connection that I can think of. I just like it how sounds with these names. But "Richard" would be nice in its place too.

Christopher Antony Richard Louis, almost like Prince Edward's names

For the girl's names, I would like to see this honor for PM.

As for Alfred, it's a good historical one from the Victorian royal family. "Antony Alfred" rings nicely.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:10 AM
Royal Highness

Like I said before, I'm rooting for a Viscount Severn. I don't think they'll use names that are too common in the family. Like, we probably won't see a little Henry, I know Prince Harry is Harry, but he'll probably be Henry in very formal situations, so it would be rather confusing. It might be nice to have a George, a Christopher (that is Sophie's father?), or a Christian (doubt it though), or a Philip.

So, here I go: George Philip Christopher Edward
Old 08-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Serene Highness

As I've said b4, I don't think that Christopher will be used because of the historical Hessian connection to the Nazi Party & the Luftwaffe. Christian might be a possible alternative but I think they will steer well clear for a Prince.
For a little Princess I think Christine or Christina might be a possibility. Perhaps

Mary Christine Margaret Cecile

the last in memory of Prince Phillips' sister who was killed in a plane crash.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Courtier

Albert for a boy.

Either Alice or Mary for a girl.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Serene Highness

I like Charlotte for a girl. George or Arthur for a boy.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Nobility

I like this suggestion of Alice after Prince Phillip's mother.

Seems like they would hearken back to that side of the family as it's assumed that Edward will become Duke of Edinburgh one day.

Alice Sophie Elizabeth?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Royal Highness

As Lady Louise Windsor's full name is Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary I think they probably would not give a second daughter any of those four names.

I think Mary Margaret Helen Anne is lovely for these reasons:
Margaret in honor of Edward's deceased aunt, Helen is Sophie's middle name, Anne is the child's aunt, Sophie's mother's name is Mary (and we cannot forget the Great Queen Mary--the name is two-fold)

A boy's name:
George for the Queen's father
Richard in honor of Prince Edward's god father (Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester)
Christopher (Sophie's father)
and even though it may be considered unlucky, John for Queen Mary's son that the public is learning more about. It would be a very belated honor to a lost royal.
What was Sophie's grandfather's name?

Of course, given that the Earl loves history as he does, he could throw us all for a loop and choose something that we just aren't expecting.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 09-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Girl = Lady Mary Margaret Rose Mountbatten-Windsor.
I would say no on Margaret since Linley's daughter is named Margarita.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
As Lady Louise Windsor's full name is Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary I think they probably would not give a second daughter any of those four names.

I think Mary Margaret Helen Anne is lovely for these reasons:
Margaret in honor of Edward's deceased aunt, Helen is Sophie's middle name, Anne is the child's aunt, Sophie's mother's name is Mary (and we cannot forget the Great Queen Mary--the name is two-fold)

A boy's name:
George for the Queen's father
Richard in honor of Prince Edward's god father (Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester)
Christopher (Sophie's father)
and even though it may be considered unlucky, John for Queen Mary's son that the public is learning more about. It would be a very belated honor to a lost royal.
What was Sophie's grandfather's name?

Of course, given that the Earl loves history as he does, he could throw us all for a loop and choose something that we just aren't expecting.

Can I point our that the Queen's father's name was actually Albert (called Bertie in the family) not George? He only used that name as King.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Royal Highness

Chrissy that is completely true! My mind was obviously on another thread where we were discussing how we'd like to have another King George the something or other.
I now change my suggestion to:
Albert Christopher Richard John (HA! King Richard and Prince John--that's priceless!)

And, for a little girl:
I REALLY do like Lady Mary Margaret Rose Mountbatten-Windsor. That is very nice.
The Queen Mother's full name was Elizabeth Angela Marguerite--perhaps they would use one of those? Her mother's name was Cecelia Nina, and her mother's name was Caroline. I love the name Caroline--Lady Caroline Cecelia Anne Mountbatten-Windsor.

THe Queen Mother's grandfather's mother (her great-gradmother) name was Frances Dora Smith. I am partial to the name Frances. Would love to see it pop up somewhere.

Sorry for the history lesson--I could spend days on the genealogy of the Queen Mother!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 09-06-2007, 07:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
And, for a little girl:
I REALLY do like Lady Mary Margaret Rose Mountbatten-Windsor. That is very nice.
The Queen Mother's full name was Elizabeth Angela Marguerite--perhaps they would use one of those? Her mother's name was Cecelia Nina, and her mother's name was Caroline. I love the name Caroline--Lady Caroline Cecelia Anne Mountbatten-Windsor.

THe Queen Mother's grandfather's mother (her great-gradmother) name was Frances Dora Smith. I am partial to the name Frances. Would love to see it pop up somewhere.

Sorry for the history lesson--I could spend days on the genealogy of the Queen Mother!
I doubt they would use Margaret or any variation of it as Viscount Linleys' daughter is Margarita Elizabeth Rose Alleyne.

How about Cecelia Caroline Nina Camilla
Old 09-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Serene Highness

IMO, I don't think Camilla will be anywhere in the name for obvious reasons. I would love to see some other names then all the normal royal girls names, that is why I liked Zara's name so much.
I like Cecelia Caroline Elizabeth Mary
Old 09-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
IMO, I don't think Camilla will be anywhere in the name for obvious reasons. I would love to see some other names then all the normal royal girls names, that is why I liked Zara's name so much.

Alexandra is another nice name for a girl. I still think George or Arthur for a boy.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Royal Highness

HM The Queen's full name is Elizabeth Alexandra Mary. Perhaps Lady Alexandra Caroline Frances Windsor-Mountbatten?

Old 09-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Majesty

I think whether Camilla appears would depend on the relationship between Edward and Sophie and their sister-in-law.

As reports seem to suggest that Edward and Charles aren't all that close then I would suspect no Camilla but, on the other hand, as a clear sign to the people that the RF have accepted Camilla using Camilla might be a way of doing that. I wouldn't have it as the first name but as a third or fourth one maybe.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
We have no idea what the relationship between Edward & Camilla is like! Despite the obvious generation gap - he isn't that much older than her son - they could be quite close and, even if they are not, why wouldn't they ask the future Queen to be godmother to the little one?
Old 09-07-2007, 01:23 AM

I'm rooting for Eggbert or Beryl.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
I'm rooting for Eggbert or Beryl.
Interesting ideas!!

Tags
viscount severn