The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Nobility

I would say Josephine, Helen or Eleanor for a baby girl.
James, Patrick or George for a boy.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

If it is a girl:
Louise's four names are: Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary

Charlotte was one of the "big" names when we guessed for Isabella of Denmark - and it does have a connection to the British royals (even if Charlotte Augusta died in labour), and sounds/looks okay with Louise. The only issue is the uncle Charles, with whom Edward (the production company) has had his tiffs.

One could perhaps also see to other royals who's had a Louise for a sister? Queen Victoria's daughters: Alice is a lovely name, but used already in the sister's name. Victoria or Helena?(perhaps a nod to Sophie's second name Helen?) Beatrice is already in use in this generation.

Edward VII's daughters: Victoria again, or Maud...

Louis Mountbatten's daughters - where Queen Louise of Sweden was one of them - here we have Alice again, as in the mother of Prince Philip.

Given Sophie's mother's name is also a fairly common name among royals... but already in use with the Lady Louise.

My guess: Victoria Charlotte Anne Helena

I always find it easier to suggest names for girls, but I'll give it a suggestion for a boy as well.

If it is a boy: George/Philip? Christopher David Edward.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Nobility

Oh, this is too much fun; let's roll up our sleeves and begin!

Boys: I think Phillip will definitely factor into the name somewhere for reasons aforementioned by our astute Forum friends.

Albert seems like a possibility, too.

Something very Scottish like Robert would be wise if the young man stands to grow up to become Duke of Edinburgh.

Phillip Edward Robert

Phillip Frederick Albert

Albert Phillip Edward

Girls:

Mary Adelaide Sophie

Mary Charlotte Georgina

Mary Augusta Victoria

Phillipa Elizabeth Alice

Katherine Phillipa Sophie (who has thought of Katherine of Valois in a while, huh?)

Amelia Sophie Elizabeth (daughter of George III, C of W, HM)
Old 07-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness

Girl: Anna Victoria -- -- ? / Anna Victoria Katherine Sophie
Helena Alexandra Anne Charlotte

Boy: Charles Phillip George Edward
Henry James Edward
Old 07-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Royal Highness

For a girl: Hannah Victoria Charlotte

For a boy: Patrick Rhys Phillip
Old 07-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

I'm rooting for a boy, so all I have is boy names. I think that it will be Philip or George for a boy. BTW, what will his title be?
Old 07-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

How about
girl: Gloria, Violet, Rose, Angelica or Marjorie...

boy: Stepehn, Alastair, Mathew, Louis...

Old 07-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I'm rooting for a boy, so all I have is boy names. I think that it will be Philip or George for a boy. BTW, what will his title be?
A boy would be known as Viscount Severn. Another girl would be Lady X Mountbatten-Windsor
Old 07-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Courtier

I like Alice. Princess Alice of Wessex, or Lady Alice Windsor as she'll probably be called, sounds regal and is a well-established family name.

I can't think of any boys' names, but I do like the astute suggestion, Robert, on the basis that any boy will one day be Duke of Edinburgh.

I don't like Phillip and I think that there have been quite enough Georges of recent times. And hasn't Charles said that he'll be known as King George VII when he ascends the throne?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Courtier

I am choosing :
Charlotte Alexandra for a girl.
Christian Phillip for a boy.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
I like Alice. Princess Alice of Wessex, or Lady Alice Windsor as she'll probably be called, sounds regal and is a well-established family name.

I can't think of any boys' names, but I do like the astute suggestion, Robert, on the basis that any boy will one day be Duke of Edinburgh.

I don't like Phillip and I think that there have been quite enough Georges of recent times. And hasn't Charles said that he'll be known as King George VII when he ascends the throne?

Charles publicly hasn't said this at all.

It has been reported by 'friends' that he has said this in private but whenever this story emerges other 'friends' say that he hasn't decided.

We will only know what name he decides to use at his accession council when he will formally tell the world.

Until then anything else is speculation only. Even if he has said to someone that he thinks, at the moment, that he will use George, he could change his mind between now and then.

As for the names for the baby Wessex I expect that both Philip and Elizabeth would be considered somewhere this year but I wouldn't be surprised if they choose some more unusual names as well.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

I love Alice too. I actually thought that was going to the Lady Louise's name. But they gave it to her as a second name; Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary, and so I think that eliminates Alice as a name for a second daughter.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Nobility

If it's a girl I think Anne will be part of the name because Edward has always had a close relationship with his sister the Princess Royal.

I can see something like
Anne Victoria Helena Rose

or Helena Anne Victoria Rose

Since Alice,Elizabeth and Mary have already be uses for Lady Louise I don't see them being use again.

For a boy I think James ,Christopher Phillip or Robert are a good choices.I could also see Edward or Andrew as part ot the name but not Charles given their genral lack of closeness.

I think boy and girl set of twis would be great!
Old 07-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Serene Highness

How about

Victoria Alexandra Mary Elizabeth Camilla

and ask the Duchess of Cornwall to be a godmother?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think they'll use Henry as a first name for a boy, since Prince Harry, I think, will only in the most formal occasions be known as Prince Henry, so that might get confusing. It would be a nice middle name, however. I would be surprised if they used Katharine or any of its variants for a girl, as if William marries Kate Middleton, also probably be known as Catherine in formal situations, to feel free of confusement.

Boy Names:
1. Philip Charles Edward Louis
2. George Edward Henry Robert

Girl Names:
1. Helena Alexandra Margaret Sophie
Old 07-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Courtier

Oh, golly gosh, Penny Lane - twins! Poor Sophie! She had so much bother with her last pregnancy I can only hope that this one will be much less complicated, and twins certainly ain't easy.

I suppose that if the baby is a boy then Phillip will feature somewhere. All I really have against it is that there are a lot of Phillips around, as well as there being too many Georges (in my opinion, of course!). The only names which we can be certain that the baby won't be called are 'David' and 'Wallis'!

I also hope that you're right Chrissy57 and that Charles doesn't proclaim that he'll be known as George VII. Like his mother, I think Charles an excellent, manly name, and Charles III would particularly gratify the Scots, inter alia, in the UK.

Wasn't Sophie's father's name Christopher? I think that rather attractive, and highly possible.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The only names which we can be certain that the baby won't be called are 'David' and 'Wallis'!
Viscount Linley's first name is David
Old 07-09-2007, 12:33 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Girls names:

-Victoria Eugenia.
-Sophie Charlotte
-Louise Helena

Boys names:

-Robert Edward
-Georges Albert Philip
-Andrew Philip

Vanesa.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Oh, golly gosh, Penny Lane - twins! Poor Sophie! She had so much bother with her last pregnancy I can only hope that this one will be much less complicated, and twins certainly ain't easy.

I suppose that if the baby is a boy then Phillip will feature somewhere. All I really have against it is that there are a lot of Phillips around, as well as there being too many Georges (in my opinion, of course!). The only names which we can be certain that the baby won't be called are 'David' and 'Wallis'!

I also hope that you're right Chrissy57 and that Charles doesn't proclaim that he'll be known as George VII. Like his mother, I think Charles an excellent, manly name, and Charles III would particularly gratify the Scots, inter alia, in the UK.

Wasn't Sophie's father's name Christopher? I think that rather attractive, and highly possible.
Of course I always like the idea of twins-that's just me. I do hope Sophie has a very safe pregnancy and an uneventful one.I do think your right about Christopher being her fathers name.I think Christopher,Christina or Chirstine would be great choices
Old 07-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Royal Highness

Maybe OT, but a boy would be Viscount Severn, right? And a girl would be Lady _________, is that correct?

Tags
viscount severn