The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:53 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I hope it will be a boy and that they will name him Philip. This way they will certainly get the Edinburgh title . For a girl: Philipa.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:08 AM
Courtier

If it is a girl, i think they may call her alexandra...i dont know why that name came up but i think its not too old fashioned, but a little traditional (like louise is). Mary is a very srong option but doesnt louise already have that name? ..i think sophie or anne or helen are also possibilities for middle names. I have noticed though, a trend in the names of the queen's grand children- they have all either got elizabeth or victoria in their names- this is rather interesting. so i am expecting to see her (if it is a girl) having victoria as one of ther names.

In conclusion in predict she (if it is a girl)willl be called Alexandra Victoria Helena Anne

Old 07-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Royal Highness

My guess would be Mary for a girl, after the Countess' mother. I can't think of a boy's name though.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Commoner

I think Alexandra or Alice for a girl, Philip definitely for a boy. I don't think they will use Elizabeth or Mary again. Hopefully Sophie will get something sparkly out of the Queen Mum's jewel box as a new baby gift. Congratulations to the Wessex family, hopefully everything goes smoothly this time.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Royal Highness

I think that Margaret, in honor of the Earl's aunt could be a strong contender. They've already chosen a very traditional, old fashioned name "Louise" so they won't go too crazy with a second child's name.
Margaret Helen Victoria has a lovely ring to it.
If it is a son, I am inclined to believe that Phillip will be a strong possibility as well. I do that Albert will be found in there somewhere because of the connection to the Queen's father (Albert the Duke of York, later King George VI) and I cannot help but think that maybe the John will be used. I know by many it is considered unlucky for the royal family to use that name, but with all the new information about "The Lost Prince" Prince John, Queen Mary's son, perhaps the Earl and Countess will be touched to consider that name.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 07-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Gentry

John is considered an unlucky name in the British royal family. I can't see them using it. I also doubt that Philip or Elizabeth will be used as first names. The Queen and Prince Philip seem to have an aversion to having their grandchildren named after them. The announcement about Louise's names made it clear that the "Elizabeth" in the name was in honor of the Queen Mother and not the Queen.

I still would lay odds on Victoria as the name for a girl or George or Albert for a boy. Albert, or Bertie, is a popular name right now with ultra-fashionable wealthy people in high society. Sophie and Edward might like the name for itself. Alfred might also be an out there possibility. There's an Alfie on a popular soap opera and it's conveniently the name of one of Queen Victoria's sons.

I think the names will come from somewhere on this list:

Queen Victoria's children and their full names:
Victoria Adelaide Mary Louisa
Albert Edward
Alice Maud Mary
Alfred Ernest Albert
Helena Augusta Victoria
Louise Caroline Alberta
Arthur William Patrick Albert
Leopold George Duncan Albert
Beatrice Mary Victoria Feodore

Philip's grandmother, daughter of Princess Alice:
Victoria Alberta Elisabeth Mathilde Marie
His mother:
Victoria Alice Elisabeth Julie Marie, called Alice, daughter of Victoria and Louis
His father:
Andrew, son of King George and Queen Olga of Greece

If they do more digging, just to find an obscure name that they like on the family tree:

Other male names:
Antony
Arthur
Augustus
Christian
David
Frederick
Richard

Other female names:
Amelia
Caroline
Charlotte
Eleanor

Names from the Bowes-Lyon family:
Marguerite (middle name of Queen Mother)
Angela (middle name of Queen Mother)
Nina
Cecilia
Old 07-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Edward and Sophie will go for another Royal but not too-used name, if they have a girl - something like Charlotte, Catherine, possibly Mary, Alexandra, Adelaide, Alice or Lucy.

If it's a boy, I think they will name him Philip. I'm almost sure of that, as a matter of fact.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Gentry

Girl: Alice Philippa Charlotte

Boy: Patrick Phillip Arthur
Old 07-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Commoner

How many names will he/she get?

Is there any rules or traditions about that?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Nobility

No, no rules set in stone as such.
However, William, Harry and Louise have four; and Peter, Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie have three.
I think this new baby will have four like Louise. I wonder if little Louise knows her full name yet...

I doubt they will choose (as a Christian name):
Edward - I just can't imagine them choosing it for some reason?
Henry - Prince Harry, plus Sophie's nephew?
Alexander - the Earl of Ulster, plus his new son Xan?
Michael - Prince Michael of Kent?
Nicholas - Lord Nicholas Windsor?
Margaret - Margarita Armstrong-Jones?
Sarah - Lady Sarah Chatto?
Laura - Laura Parker-Bowles?
Catherine - Kate Middleton?
Daisy - Lady Daisy?

I just can't imagine them hiving him/her the same Christian name as a *living* member of the family.

After reading some other guesses, I'm liking Thomas and Alice too...although my guess is still Philip or Helena. I like Philip, but not Philippa (for some reason?) I think it's the sentiment of Philip that I like rather than the actual name.

Just had another idea...Edward's middle names are Antony, Richard and Louis. I guess Louis is out (Louise and Louis) but how about Antony or Richard?
Old 07-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Courtier

Don´t you all think it´s a bit too early to start discussing baby names? Considering the fact that Sophie had quite some problems with her other pregnancies it might be a bad omen and I´m still afraid the pregnancy won´t go well.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Courtier

As the daughter of a head maternity nurse I will refrain from guessing names as well, until Baby 2 and Sophie are safe and well.
My mom always advises new parents to not buy anything until late third trimester and get out the baby name book when the docter cuts the umbilical cord.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think that if the baby will be a boy that he is named Henry. Because the first name of his cousin, Prince Harry, is originally called Henry. That wouldn't fit in my opinion.
I think that the boy will called George Christopher Edward Philip.
If the baby will be a girl I would like to hear that it is named Alexandra Mary Sophie Elisabeth.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Nobility

How about Philip Christopher Edward George?
Old 07-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Aristocracy

I think Philipa,Edwina, Adelaide are good names that "go" with Louise and how about Alfred,Malcolm or Geoffrey if it's a boy?
Wittykitty
Old 07-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
How about Philip Christopher Edward George?
i like this choice of names...

Philip Christopher Edward George goes well with Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary.

i'm also beginning to like the choice of Philippa for a girl...she could be called Pippa for short :)
Philippa Victoria Helen Rose
Old 07-05-2007, 05:04 AM

new name

How about older names from History and new name mixed eg:

Lord Harold Kevin Winston
Lady Ethel Kylie Florence

then you get the best of both worlds
Old 07-05-2007, 05:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
I like Helena.

I hope for a traditional name, but maybe not Elizabeth or Mary since those have been used so often.
Ohh, thanks you . I love Helena to, is my name... what a supreise this new baby , i sinsarily think thats is the babys fot this royal famely until the grand children strat married... but is a wonderful new
Old 07-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Commoner

I like the name Hannah Victoria but I'm not counting on it. I think Mary would be a good choice. I think the name Philip for a boy would be a good tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennyllorac View Post
For some reason, I don't think it will be ELizabeth. I do think that when William has a daughter there is a good chance of her name being Elizabeth.

Mary is a strong possibility. However, we are talking about the Earl and the Countess of Wessex, they may surprise us all!
I agree that the names will probably surprise us. After all, I was quite surpised with "Louise" -- and its a lovely name. If its a girl, one of her names will be Elizabeth, but not the first name. And if a boy, I'm betting Christopher.

Tags
viscount severn