Godparents for Viscount Severn

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who will be chosen as Godparents for the Viscount Severn?

• Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Prince William of Wales

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • Prince Harry of Wales

Votes: 20 16.0%
  • Prince Andrew, The Duke of York

• Princess Beatrice of York

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • Princess Eugenie of York

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Princess Anne, The Princess Royal

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Master Peter Phillips

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Miss Zara Phillips

• Viscount or Viscountess Linley

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • One of the Kents

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • One of the Gloucesters

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Other member of the extended British Royal Family (please, specify)

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Member(s) of the Greek Royal Family (Prince Philip's relatives)

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Family member of the Countess of Wessex

Votes: 71 56.8%
  • A friend of the Earl or Countess of Wessex

Votes: 60 48.0%
  • Member(s) of a Foreign Royal Family

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Other (please, specify)

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

principessa

Heir Apparent
City
Schweinfurt
Country
Germany
Who will be godparent of the newborn Viscount Severn?

I think it will be HRH Prince William of Wales, David Bournes Rhys-Jones (his paternal uncle), Viscount Linley, and 2 friends of his parents.

1) Either Peter or Zara Phillips
2) David Rhys-Jones
3) Either The Hon. James Ogilvy or Lady Helen Taylor
4) Viscount Linley
5) A friend of the parents

I would really like it if Peter, Zara, William, Harry, or even Beatrice was used. I don't really follow the BRF, so I don't know who else there could be to use!:flowers:

Maybe Prince William? I agree, Sophie's brother would be nice too. I believe they usually have three men and three women. Maybe a foreign royal such as Victoria of Sweden or Haakon of Norway?

Maybe also Princess Anne? She has not been named to anyone in a while as a godmother.

I think they shouls use:
Prince Harry
David Linley
Zara Philip
Sophie Brother
and possible a friend of the family.

I hope that Prince William will be a godparent. I also think that someone from Sophie family will be a godparent.

I don't believe Princess Anne is godparent to any of her nieces and nephews
SOOOO
I wll go with Prince William, Princess Anne, Sophie's brother and 2 friends

HRH Prince William HRH Prince Henry Zara Phillips and Her Brother Peter and his Bride to Be Autmn Kelly
Camilla and Charles
Duke of Glouchester and The Earl of Ulster
Lady Gabriella Windsor
The Duke of Devonshire!!!! :)
Daniel Chatto ,The Princess Royal and a Bowes Lyon cousin

Duke of York, The Queen and Lady Gabriella Windsor

Last edited by a moderator:
Here goes...

HRH Prince Joachim of Denmark
Viscount Linley
Sophie's brother
India Hicks
another female friend

I'm thinking that godparents will depend largely on whether Prince William and Kate Middleton get married this summer. If they do:

Prince William
Kate Middleton
Princess Beatrice
Viscount Linley
Zara Philips

The reason I say that is I think that it would be a way to sort of introduce Kate to the public.

I actually think you might be close to the money with Prince Joachim windsorgirl. Edward is one of the godparents of Joachim's eldest son Nikolai, so maybe Edward and Sophie will return the honour to Joachim

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Cornwall (as future Queen she needs to collect some Godchildren within the family)
Princess Marie of Denmark (future)
Prince William
David Rhys Jones
Lady Sarah Chatto
The Earl of Ulster

As Lady louise's godparents were Lady Sarah Chatto, Lord Ivar Mountbatten, Lady Alexandra Etherington , Francesca Schwarzenbach und Rupert Elliott, i think they won't ask any foreign royal to be the godparent.
I guess the Viscount Linley, and maybe George Mountbatten, Marques of Milford Haven, and some friends of the parents.

As Lady louise's godparents were Lady Sarah Chatto, Lord Ivar Mountbatten, Lady Alexandra Etherington , Francesca Schwarzenbach und Rupert Elliott, i think they won't ask any foreign royal to be the godparent.
I guess the Viscount Linley, and maybe George Mountbatten, Marques of Milford Haven, and some friends of the parents.

I had forgotten that Lady Sarah was Louises' godmother. Maybe they will ask Serena Linley?

I've got a feeling they'll ask Camilla you know. As she's going to be Queen, it'd make sense and it's a nice way of putting the little Viscount above the other extended family in years to come.

I agree with many of you. I think a paternal cousin may be a strong candidate, such as Zara, Peter or William.
I also believe that Camilla might be included in the godparent's list.

I did not think about Camilla, but now I am sure that she will be asked. She will be the next Queen. I really hope that she will be picked.

I like the idea of Camilla, too. It seems to me that in days gone by older members of the family (grandparents, even) were godparents but lately it's been younger ones. That might let out both Charles & Camilla.

Also, remember the brouhaha several years ago when Edward's company was caught filming Prince William at university -- something to the effect that Charles came unglued and had it out with Edward. I presume that's water under the bridge (if it happened at all) but it might have been more than that, just a thought.

Does anyone consider Prince Andrew a possibility? After all, they did grow up together.

I'm guessing:

Serena Linley
Camilla
A female friend of Sophie's
Prince Pavlos or Prince Nikolaos
Sophie's brother
an aristocrat friend or someone from the arts (Andrew Lloyd-Webber?)

Other options might be a Dutch prince, one of Edward's German cousins, Princess Beatrice, and Prince Harry.

Edward's godparents are the Duke of Gloucester, the Duchess of Kent, Earl Snowdon, Princess George of Hanover, and Prince Louis of Hesse. Maybe he'll pick some of the next generation from those families, such as the Duke of Gloucester's son.

Yeah, the Ulsters or Davina or Rose.... maybe them. But I think Edward is closer to James Ogilvy and Helen Taylor, so I would guess them first, then the Gloucesters second.

Another one I consider as a good possibility is Crown Prince Willem-Alexander because, I think he is a good friend of Edward and Sophie, isn't he?

Prince Joachim and his future wife, Marie
Serena Linley
The Earl of Ulster (his father was godfather to Edward)
James Ogilvy
Gabriella or Frederick Windsor

That's what I have so far in the way of selection

A poll was added to this thread, so now you can vote for those, you think are likely to be named Godparents for the little Viscount.

You can make multiply choices, or if the person you think has chances to become a Godparent is missing, you can vote for the "Other" choice and specify who you meant.

I'm guessing: (Andrew Lloyd-Webber?)

I did wonder about Lord Lloyd-Webber.

Another one I consider as a good possibility is Crown Prince Willem-Alexander because, I think he is a good friend of Edward and Sophie, isn't he?

Another good idea.

I can't imagine them choosing any foreign royalty, and I can imagine the ceremony being a low-key event.

So...my predictions are David or Zara Rhys-Jones, Lady Helen Taylor, and close friends of the couple.

Because the baby is a boy and Edward's heir, I think they will choose higher profile godparents than they did for Louise. I don't necessarily agree with it but that's my suspicion.

I wouldn't be surprised if they chose Prince William - or maybe even Harry - as one. Perhaps Zara Phillips. Def. someone in Sophie's family. And probably a friend of the couple. But as for members of the RF, I'd say William, Harry, Zara. Maybe Andrew.

Andrew Lloyd-Webber would be an awesome godfather choice!

I can't imagine them choosing any foreign royalty, and I can imagine the ceremony being a low-key event.

So...my predictions are David or Zara Rhys-Jones, Lady Helen Taylor, and close friends of the couple.

Since we now know little James' name, I have changed my prediction. Instead of Lady Helen, I predict James Ogilvy or Alexander Ulster.

Who are the godparents to their daughter? I would think that would give a good indication of how they choose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom