The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-02-2012, 02:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal
I seem way behind- did James start school?
He either started primary School last September at age 3, or he's starting this September age 4. If he's not in school he's still at nursery.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:19 AM

Louise Windsor school

Which school is Lady Louise going to after St Georges School which she just finished

Old 08-11-2017, 07:10 AM
Courtier

Welcome to the Royal Forums Night!

Interesting question. I don't know anything about the school/s the Wessex children attend, but Louise is 13, will be 14 in November. If she hasn't already commenced secondary school, she must be doing so this Autumn.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

She has been at St Georges at Windsor and unless she has repeated a grade or two (and that is none of our business if she has and I have no reason to think she has either) she should be moving to high school this year.

Nearby is St Georges at Ascot, where Beatrice went to school. It has the advantage that Louise won't have to board, which with many other schools she would have to do.

I have no idea where she will go and I am not sure that we will be told. The alternative to St Georges at Ascot may be Gordonstoun as Edward seemed to have enjoyed his time there and it is now co-ed - both Zara and Peter went there as well. I do, however, get a feeling that the new young royals (and yes I know Louise is the same generation as Peter, Zara, William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie) aren't as likely to be shunted off to boarding schools. Mike is on record as saying they aren't going to send Mia to boarding school and there are reports that Kate and William also have no intention of sending George and Charlotte away.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:34 AM
Courtier

You are right in that Louise and James are of the same "generation" as their much older and adult (some parents themselves) cousins, but in reality are still children and the older members of the young generation in the BRF.

So in that sense can see day schools being more a popular choice, don't most of the elite schools cater for both these days?

In any case, if she hasn't already, Louise should be starting her senior school in the coming weeks.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

There does seem to have been a gradual shift in attitude and expectation when it comes to education in the BRF so if Louise and James do not attend boarding school then they might be the trendsetters for their cousins' children (Savannah, Isla, George, Mia and Charlotte.)
Old 08-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm placing my bets on Louise going off to Marlborough College in September. St George's in Ascot is a good guess but I'm still thinking it will be Marlborough. She can board there but come home at the weekend as it's not too far away. Gordonstoun is just a bit too far away I think.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think Louise will most likely attend a day school or a boarding school that's within a short enough distance for it to be easy for her to come home when she needs/wants to. I doubt she'll go to Gourdonstoun either, despite the fact that Edward reportedly enjoyed his time there.

The same goes for James - he could go to Eton I suppose; it's not that far from St. George's. However I think he will most likely go to the same secondary school as his sister since they went to primary school together - unless he is able to choose his own secondary school.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-12-2017, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I could see Louise at Marlborough. Close to home but still gets a bit of the independence of being away from home. Bea stayed at St George because of her learning disabilities.

I don't think we will see royals abandoning boarding schools, certainly not working royals. Simply a shift to starting later. Both Kate and Will enjoyed boarding school. I'd be shocked if we don't see Eton and likely Marlborough in their kids future. Will has wanted his kids to have a more normal upbringing like the Midfletons, but boarding school was part. Also when their parents are Prince and Princess of Wales and constantly on the road, it makes sense.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:08 PM
Royal Highness

I am inclined to say the children will not go to boarding schools as Ed & Sophie seem very hands on and I can imagine them wanting the children home each night. That said looking at it purely practically, and if money isn't a problem, they may choose a boarding school as it may increase the children's privacy and also allow Ed & Sophie time to do royal duties. Alternatively they may choose a school that is both day and boarding as increasingly more of these offer flexible boarding where children can board a night or two each week or when needed.

I can't see boarding schools being ruled out for any future generations but they may avoid sending them too early and may choose more low-key more normal schools than Eton.