Earl and Countess of Wessex: Visit to the Czech Republic - March 12-14, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that Camilla and Charles are getting better coverage and attention from press lately....
As for Wessex'es they really do a great job but it goes unnoticed.

Charles and Camilla are getting coverage on their Middle East tour at the minute. But yes, Sophie and Edward don't attract that much attention. Andrew gets coverage because he's Airmiles Andy, Anne for her horses and hardworking, Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie get pictured at events, parties etc they're young and likely to slip up somewhere.

It is true I suppose. People don't even know the Queen has a 4th child. I think perhaps Edward likes it that way, meaning he can go through his life relatively normal and his children can be raised without the press pestering them. I think this will continue as they get older, unless Louise takes after her older cousins and is seen falling out of nightclubs, which she may do.

I am just pleased we have even seen images and videos of this trip. :D

Andrew only gets limited coverage and then only in a negative sense. Most people don't realise that he is one of the hardest working royals - so far only Charles, Anne and The Queen have done more then him this year but he has had virtually no coverage because his engagements have all been in the UK. Last year he had some negative coverage of his tour to India and virtually nothing of the othe 400 engagements he carried out in the UK.

The press only wants to cover William and Kate and when they aren't available they will cover Charles and Camilla and The Queen. Anne hardly gets any coverage.

Sadly that also comes down to the public - who will they part with their hard-earned money to read about - if they public won't buy then the press won't cover so it comes down to supply and demand - the Wessexes don't sell - simple.

Think back to last year - Harry made a short tour of the Carribean at the same time that the Wessexes were there. He had wall-to-wall coverage of his few days in the area while there was virtually nothing of the Wessexes nearly 3 weeks in the area.

The Wessex's did get some good media after their marriage though.

Thanks Anna! I love the images of them smiling at each other at the fashion show. :wub:

The picture of Edward in the wheelchair cracked me up. Brilliant.

Last edited:
I love that Sophie linked her arm with Edward to walk over the snow. :wub: Thanks Anna. :D I wish there were videos, particularly of them planting the tree as it looks amusing.

UK in Czech Republic - British Embassy Prague promised to share pics today from yesterday.

"UK in Czech Republic - British Embassy Prague Dear Anna, yes, we will share pictures today."

As for video, they should post some finally as I saw cameras...

And where are pics from Gala? :bang:

Last edited:
When do they go to Bulgaria then I wonder?

Thanks for all the images and articles, Anna. :D The image of Edward touching the little boy with the facepaint at the school is so cute. :D

Countess visitng British Council in Prague:
Náv

They will also share pics from Fashion show.
No pics from Gala, as it was private..

Last edited:
Woah Sophie looks beautiful. Thanks Anna for images.

Sophie looks gorgeous love all the photos os her .. thnaks Anna

Sophie's dress for the Gala is stunning. I need it in my life right now!

Thanks Anna! That's where I got the image of Edward and Sophie finally without the stupid watermarks!

I have found two of my new favourite images of Edward from this trip:

Edward + Edward

He doesn't look quite as comfortable with children as Sophie does, but it's still a cute moment. The little boy was obviously keen for an embrace!

Thank you Anna! I love these galleries.

Wonder what happened here - LOL

And this image - Image

I wish there were videos of these moments, then we'd know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom