Earl and Countess of Wessex: Visit to the Caribbean - February 21-March 7, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Barbados Advocate - All systems go!......for whirlwind two-day official Royal visit

The stage is set to showcase Barbados’ warmth and hospitality to the Earl and Countess of Wessex Prince Edward and Princess Sophie, as soon as they step onto the island’s shores tomorrow morning.

$1/2m for Royal visit -- NationNews Barbados -- Local, Regional and International News -- nationnews.com

Barbados is spending more than $1/2 million to fix up Government House and meet expenses for an official state visit of the Earl and Countess of Wessex later this month.

First picture from
The British Monarchy's Facebook page :)

The Earl and Countess of Wessex are welcomed on their arrival in St Lucia on the first day of a tour of the West Indies representing The Queen to mark Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee, 21 February 2012

Thank you, Mag. Sophie looks fabulous with those shades, and Edward is really resembling Wills from that angle.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex - visit to St Lucia School of Music
pictures from The British Monarchy's Facebook page
Sophie looks beautiful:) I like all outfit ( green dress is very fresh and right for Caribbean visit) and hairstyle too :flowers:

pic1 pic2 pic3

It's very nice seeing the Earl and Countess of Wessex undertaking a visit to the Caribbean.
Thank you for the updates, MagMil! :flowers: Sophie looked pretty in the pics.

Thanks for the images, I love the image of them arrivng and Sophie has her shades on. Very chic. The other images of them greeting the children are lovely and I love Sophie's green dress. Very appropriate. I am so pleased she can wear her hair up more, she looks so great. Edward looks good too, let's not forget him.

If Sophie were to wear that dress on a wet February day in England it would look all wrong, but worn in the sunny Caribbean it really works.

If Sophie were to wear that dress on a wet February day in England it would look all wrong, but worn in the sunny Caribbean it really works.

I know, that is exactly what I thought. It works so well for the Caribbean, but in "Sunny old England" it would be a big no no. She makes it work with her blonde hair too.

An article about the couple visiting The University of the West Indies with a few images. Another new dress for Sophie, I like it. I love her hairstyle for that occasion.

Royal Couple Visit Campus

Last edited:
I quite like this dress too, Molly. Her hairstyle is very pretty as you say.

It's sad that Edward and Sophie's visits don't receive the press attention they should. I suppose it's the result of having a pretty large pool of active royal family members at the moment. The press can't cover all the overseas visits I suppose for cost reasons.

I feel an Ascot dress can be made out of the white/brown dress...

It is sad they don't receive the attention they deserve. We're relying on the countries they are visiting to report them, not one of the British press has mentioned it. The only ones who will get all the attention are Charles and Camilla, William and Catherine and Harry. Shame really.

I know, that is exactly what I thought. It works so well for the Caribbean, but in "Sunny old England" it would be a big no no. She makes it work with her blonde hair too.

An article about the couple visiting The University of the West Indies with a few images. Another new dress for Sophie, I like it. I love her hairstyle for that occasion.

Royal Couple Visit Campus

:previous:
Both look great :)
another lovely dress :), and when I saw ,instantly cross in my mind that "It would be a very nice Ascot dress " :p;)

I think they are really good representative for the Queen, but it's little media coverage of them :ermm:

A few more images of the couple in Barbados, via Facebook. Sophie has her wedding hat on, I forgot how odd it is...but it works with the dress.

TRH in Barbados

Sophie looks fabulous! The hair style is simply beautiful and the dresses are classy and comfortable. She has a smile for everyone anywhere she goes. I think that makes people feel very much at ease.

Love the dress not sure I love the wedding hat with it though nice snaps

Thanks for the pictures. The Queen's Private Secretary has released that the dress Sophie is wearing is by Max Mara. Never heard of the label but I googled it and it looks nice, and of course, expensive!

I love how much wear her nude LK Bennett shoes have had. All the Royal women must own more than one pair of them. I look forward to more images, and hope at least a video of them is released somewhere. The ship they are using to travel looks impressive, I am in awe of it.

Thanks for the artcles. :D

A gallery of a lot of images of Edward and Sophie's visit to Barbados is available here. Is the white dress an old one? It definitely looks familiar. I love Sophie's floral dress, another Caribbean dress of choice and it looks good.

Thanks for the artcles. :D

A gallery of a lot of images of Edward and Sophie's visit to Barbados is available here. Is the white dress an old one? It definitely looks familiar. I love Sophie's floral dress, another Caribbean dress of choice and it looks good.

:previous:
Thanks Molly for links with small but wonderful pictures.:flowers:
They looks happy and relax, and I like the choice of the outfits :)
Sophie is still without mistake in choosing the all outfit.
The white dress, she was were at Prince Albert of Monaco accession in 2005. Love summer-Caribbean dresses :flowers:

Last edited:
Edward and Sophie look great in these photos in the Caribbean, I loved her hat at the Barbados welcome ceremony! Thanks for posting the pics-

I realy like this couple. They are together so long time and sill look happy together. Very nice pics from Barbados. Countess looks realy nice.

What is the ribbon Sophie is wearing on the shoulder of her gown. Has she received a new order from Barbados or perhaps it is the Daimond Jubilee Medal?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom