The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2011, 06:30 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Earl and Countess of Wessex: Visit to the Caribbean, 21 February-7 March 2012

The Earl and Countess of Wessex will visit Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Grenada, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, and Trinidad and Tobago in 2012 to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Further details will be released later.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:18 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The Press Association: Date set for Edward and Sophie tour

The Earl and Countess of Wessex will visit the West Indies later this month to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, Buckingham Palace has said.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The Barbados Advocate - All systems go!......for whirlwind two-day official Royal visit

The stage is set to showcase Barbados’ warmth and hospitality to the Earl and Countess of Wessex Prince Edward and Princess Sophie, as soon as they step onto the island’s shores tomorrow morning.

$1/2m for Royal visit -- NationNews Barbados -- Local, Regional and International News -- nationnews.com

Barbados is spending more than $1/2 million to fix up Government House and meet expenses for an official state visit of the Earl and Countess of Wessex later this month.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

First picture from
The British Monarchy's Facebook page

The Earl and Countess of Wessex are welcomed on their arrival in St Lucia on the first day of a tour of the West Indies representing The Queen to mark Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee, 21 February 2012
Old 02-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Majesty

Thank you, Mag. Sophie looks fabulous with those shades, and Edward is really resembling Wills from that angle.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Earl and Countess of Wessex - visit to St Lucia School of Music
pictures from The British Monarchy's Facebook page
Sophie looks beautiful I like all outfit ( green dress is very fresh and right for Caribbean visit) and hairstyle too

pic1 pic2 pic3
Old 02-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's very nice seeing the Earl and Countess of Wessex undertaking a visit to the Caribbean.
Thank you for the updates, MagMil! Sophie looked pretty in the pics.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the images, I love the image of them arrivng and Sophie has her shades on. Very chic. The other images of them greeting the children are lovely and I love Sophie's green dress. Very appropriate. I am so pleased she can wear her hair up more, she looks so great. Edward looks good too, let's not forget him.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

If Sophie were to wear that dress on a wet February day in England it would look all wrong, but worn in the sunny Caribbean it really works.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
If Sophie were to wear that dress on a wet February day in England it would look all wrong, but worn in the sunny Caribbean it really works.
I know, that is exactly what I thought. It works so well for the Caribbean, but in "Sunny old England" it would be a big no no. She makes it work with her blonde hair too.

An article about the couple visiting The University of the West Indies with a few images. Another new dress for Sophie, I like it. I love her hairstyle for that occasion.

Royal Couple Visit Campus
Old 02-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I quite like this dress too, Molly. Her hairstyle is very pretty as you say.

It's sad that Edward and Sophie's visits don't receive the press attention they should. I suppose it's the result of having a pretty large pool of active royal family members at the moment. The press can't cover all the overseas visits I suppose for cost reasons.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I feel an Ascot dress can be made out of the white/brown dress...

It is sad they don't receive the attention they deserve. We're relying on the countries they are visiting to report them, not one of the British press has mentioned it. The only ones who will get all the attention are Charles and Camilla, William and Catherine and Harry. Shame really.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I know, that is exactly what I thought. It works so well for the Caribbean, but in "Sunny old England" it would be a big no no. She makes it work with her blonde hair too.

An article about the couple visiting The University of the West Indies with a few images. Another new dress for Sophie, I like it. I love her hairstyle for that occasion.

Royal Couple Visit Campus

Both look great
another lovely dress , and when I saw ,instantly cross in my mind that "It would be a very nice Ascot dress "

I think they are really good representative for the Queen, but it's little media coverage of them
Old 02-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

A few more images of the couple in Barbados, via Facebook. Sophie has her wedding hat on, I forgot how odd it is...but it works with the dress.

TRH in Barbados
Old 02-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
A few more images of the couple in Barbados, via Facebook. Sophie has her wedding hat on, I forgot how odd it is...but it works with the dress.

TRH in Barbados
Thanks Molly
Here is direct links of pictures
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Article about Earl and Countess of Wessex tour e.g. why they got this tour
The Wessexes won the royal tour sweepstakes - Royal Quarters - Macleans.ca
Old 02-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Majesty

Sophie looks fabulous! The hair style is simply beautiful and the dresses are classy and comfortable. She has a smile for everyone anywhere she goes. I think that makes people feel very much at ease.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are a few more additions

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **
Old 02-24-2012, 04:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Love the dress not sure I love the wedding hat with it though nice snaps
Old 02-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pictures. The Queen's Private Secretary has released that the dress Sophie is wearing is by Max Mara. Never heard of the label but I googled it and it looks nice, and of course, expensive!

I love how much wear her nude LK Bennett shoes have had. All the Royal women must own more than one pair of them. I look forward to more images, and hope at least a video of them is released somewhere. The ship they are using to travel looks impressive, I am in awe of it.