Earl and Countess of Wessex: Visit to Bulgaria, Romania & Slovenia - June 23-28, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Heir Presumptive, Royal Blogger
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
An update on their visit and the reason why. I thought it would have been for The Duke of Edinburgh's Award but it's not.

Prince Edward is coming to observe the process of closing down orphanages in Bulgaria and moving their inhabitants to foster families or protected homes.

Article

What an interesting reason to go, but a very good reason. I can see why Sophie is going as she has many patronages related to children with disabilities. I can sense lovely photos of them with children. I look forward to seeing this visit and I wonder how it will be received.

12 March 2013
The visit of Prince Edward and his wife Sophie Countess of Wessex to Bulgaria is unfortunately not going to happen on 14-16 March 2013 as planned because of the expected parliamentary elections.

The British Embassy is in contact with the Royal Household about possible future dates for a visit.

After:
The British Embassy in Bulgaria Postponement of the visit of the Earl and Countess of Wessex

What a year (so far) for cancellations/postponements! Egad.

That's a shame but these things happen. It likely wont happen now for a long time as most Royals' diaries are booked months in advance.

I think that 2013 is going to be a busy year for the Wessexes. I'm looking forward into seeing pictures of the visit. :)

Last edited:
I love their picture! It is so photoshopped but its a lovely portrait of the couple. Look forward to this trip, thanks Anna.

Yes totally agree gorgeous portrait I repeat I think Sophie is just fab thanks Anna for all the updates.

great portrait!!!! I think the british royal family need more official photos!!!

great portrait!!!! I think the british royal family need more official photos!!!

So do I. I can see that photo having been their 2012 Christmas card or their card for this year.

Awww Edward has had a new portrait done at the same obviously. Cute. I wish we had one with Louise and James.

Anywho, that's not relevant to this topic. I look forward to this trip. :D

Thanks for the photo and links guys, good to see them. I wish I spoke Bulgarian!

I like the video of them arriving at the President's residence as they climb the stairs Edward goes to hold his hand out for Sophie to assist her up the steps, but she doesn't take it. :(

First time seeing video I didn't noticed that, it was only fraction of a second, it looks like she didn't notice it as well, and she was holding a bag. Don't look too much into it.

First time seeing video I didn't noticed that, it was only fraction of a second, it looks like she didn't notice it as well, and she was holding a bag. Don't look too much into it.

I just thought it was amusing. I seriously wish my boyfriend even ATTEMPTED to do that, even if I haven't noticed it!

Thanks for the photo and links guys, good to see them. I wish I spoke Bulgarian!

I like the video of them arriving at the President's residence as they climb the stairs Edward goes to hold his hand out for Sophie to assist her up the steps, but she doesn't take it. :(

:previous:
On the last video(from my post) they spoke about , that the visit of Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex and his wife Princess Sophie(how lovely sound this) :)to Bulgaria is on invitation of Bulgarian President Plevneliev.
The visit is, for they to see overview of the progress made ​​by Bulgaria in implementing the strategy for deinstitutionalization , prevention of child abandonment, foster care development, and sharing of the British experience in these spheres ....
Also they say that tomorrow they gonna meet with foster children and scout organization ...

This is almost everything they said :)

I love it when they say Princess Sophie, even though we know how completely incorrect that title is. I wish she was Princess Sophie...

Thanks Mag! How many languages do you speak?!

I love it when they say Princess Sophie, even though we know how completely incorrect that title is. I wish she was Princess Sophie...

Thanks Mag! How many languages do you speak?!

:previous:
I love it also...:flowers::flowers::flowers:
http://www3.daylife.com/photo/08Tw6y87FM9ms?q=wessex

Bulgarian is similar with my native Macedonian language and I can understand it ... btw we are neighbors countries ;)
I speak English, Serbian, Croatian and little German and Spanish...and I try to learn Swedish and French :)

Last edited:
This title is absolutely correct for Bulgaria. Only englishspeaking people have such title form as princess Edward.
For example, wife of Grand Duke Vladimir was Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna in Russia. To call her Grand Duchess Vladimir was absolutely incorrect. In english books she is known as Grand Duchess Vladimir.
We see here cultural differences.

This title is absolutely correct for Bulgaria. Only englishspeaking people have such title form as princess Edward.
For example, wife of Grand Duke Vladimir was Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna in Russia. To call her Grand Duchess Vladimir was absolutely incorrect. In english books she is known as Grand Duchess Vladimir.
We see here cultural differences.

Except that Sophie is English and she has never had the title of Princess Sophie since she was not born a British Princess. She is HRH The Countess of Wessex.

as Grand Duchess never had title grand duchess Vladimir ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom