Earl and Countess of Wessex: Visit to Canada - September 12-20, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumutqueen

Imperial Majesty
City
Middlewich
Country
United Kingdom
@WindsorEditor: The Earl and Countess of Wessex will pay a visit to Canada on 12th-20th September, it’s announced.

According to The Globe & Mail, Earl & Countess will visit Canada between 12-19 September, on behalf of DofE Award Scheme. It will include solo visits to Northern Ontario by Sophie, and Saskatchewan by Edward. It will be 36th visit of Earl's, and Sophie's 12.
Here's my post from 17.VII.

Those traveling Windsors are on the road again!! Has a member of the BRF been to the western provinces of Alberta and British Columbia in recent years?

Just looked at The Globe and Mail online and found no reference to the visit. Last article they published with the word Wessex in was from the birth of Prince George.

Do you think I'm lying? it was sort of online version of print paper. If I will locate it again, will send a link.
I cannot locate it, but it wasn't on their online site. It was via site when you can read paper version online, that's why I didn't include link originally, it didn't work correctly. As for royal central, they never give proper credit. Wessexes royal diary has been updated today, that's how they know.

Last edited:
Those traveling Windsors are on the road again!! Has a member of the BRF been to the western provinces of Alberta and British Columbia in recent years?

William and Kate were in Alberta for the Calgary Stampede in 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The Earl and Countess of Wessex

12th September 2014

to 20th September - will carry out engagements in Canada.

------------------------------------

Its under future engagements in the Court Circular

Mace @RoyaleVision · 8h
#royal Prince Edward,Earl of Wessex & his wife will make a working, not a royal visit, to Victoria & Kelowna, BC, Canada, between Sept 12&20

Mace @RoyaleVision · 8h
#royal Prince Edward will present 85 youth from Victoria, Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland with the gold Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.

Earl and Countess and Wessex to visit Canada: 12th-20th September 2014.

So it's not a visit on behalf of The Queen so hence it isn't royal?

So it's not a visit on behalf of The Queen so hence it isn't royal?

Yeah, I guess so. It seems like it's just a regular working visit and not an official royal tour.

They go to Canada a lot for the DofE awards. I don't think they have done many royal tourz to Canada. They did one after they married to Prince Edward Island (they all seem to) but the other visits are mainly working visits. Sophie has visited on her own a few times.

Still nothing more about Sophie coming to Northern Ontario. You'd think there'd be more info released by now w/the visit getting closer.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The Earl of Wessex is set to pay a three day visit to Saskatchewan, Canada, as a part of the royal tour on which he and the Countess of Wessex will embark on tomorrow.

In the evening of the 17th of September, His Royal Highness will pay a visit to Moose Jaw, a city in south-central Saskatchewan, where he will stop outside the Saskatchewan Dragoons Headquarters. The following day, he will participate in a walkabout outside the Government House in Regina.
Prince Edward’s visit to Saskatchewan

It was announced today that Sophie's going to North Bay and Nippissing University to take part in something to do w/their Aboriginal Studies program. I really didn't hear the whole thing since I was moaning about how she's be so close and yet so far from my area. Sigh... :(

They are covering quite a lot with this visit but they are doing a lot of it seperately I believe. Suppose that's the best way to get more cover and to hand out more Duke of Edinburgh awards as they both are doing it this time. I read Sophie was doing it on another website.

I love that they added cuff links to the collection so Edward could have something. I love the design as well and I hope Sophie (and Edward) utilise their gifts!

Royal watchers in Saskatoon and area have the opportunity to take a glimpse next Friday morning near the Saskatoon Farmers' Market.

His Royal Highness, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex will be at a special event along with Whitecap Dakota First Nation Chief Darcy Bear and Mayor Don Atchison.
The Prince will be unveiling a War of 1812 Bicentennial Monument along Avenue A South near River Landing.

If you're coming, you should be there by 9:30, but you should know there will be no access to the parking lots and streets in the immediate vicinity of the Farmers' Market from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
It's suggested to take the bus, bike, or park elsewhere and walk.
Prince To Unveil War of 1812 Monument - SaskatoonHomepage.ca - Saskatoon, Local News, Weather, and Sports.

Earl and Countess of Wessex to visit Canada: 12th-20th September 2014.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152764840628128

Yes, the last few days will be mostly done separately. Let's hope for many pics, so I can have something to put on the blog posts.

Anna, for Friday, North Bay's newspaper is called The North Bay Nugget. You might also want to check out Canadore College's site. It has an excellent Broadcast, Print and Photo Journalism program and I'd be shocked if the second years weren't covering this come a week today.

I know all this because I tried to do their Broadcast program, but it was only months after my Transplant, I was still dealing w/what happened during (I came very close to losing it) it and I really should have waited a year before going to College in order to deal w/some things, but I didn't. Oh well, you know what they about hindsight, right? Anyway, I hope that helps a little. :)

Anna, for Friday, North Bay's newspaper is called The North Bay Nugget. You might also want to check out Canadore College's site. It has an excellent Broadcast, Print and Photo Journalism program and I'd be shocked if the second years weren't covering this come a week today.

I know all this because I tried to do their Broadcast program, but it was only months after my Transplant, I was still dealing w/what happened during (I came very close to losing it) it and I really should have waited a year before going to College in order to deal w/some things, but I didn't. Oh well, you know what they about hindsight, right? Anyway, I hope that helps a little. :)

Thanks, will keep that in mind!

Here's post on Day 1:
HRH Countess of Wessex: Earl & Countess of Wessex visit Canada for the DofE Award scheme - Day 1

Tomorrow will be crazy busy.

Sophie plays foosball! Is foosball big in the UK?

It's not a big thing in the UK. Snooker tables would be much more popular.

Anna thanks for the links to photos. I love that Oscar De la Renta dress but not a fan of the Peter Piloto. I don't like the design or finish to them but obviously Sophie likes them. Love the clips of her serving lunch.

Today/tomorrow is when they do a mini hike I think. Can't imagine Sophie will be doing that in a dress!

Prince Edward received an impromptu lecture on B.C. labour relations Friday as he and his wife, Sophie Rhys-Jones, kicked off a five-day tour of the province.

A crowd of students watched the earl and countess of Wessex inspect a naval guard of honour as the lieutenant governor welcomed the pair to Government House.

Prince Edward, the Queen's youngest son, asked the children when school would start again.

"We don't know yet. The teachers are still on strike," answered one girl.
"It also ended school early as well," said another.
Prince Edward and Sophie, countess of Wessex, begin B.C. tour - British Columbia - CBC News
A friendly chat Saturday between Jeneece Edroff and Sophie Rhys-Jones, Countess of Wessex, revealed the pair have something special in common: a birthday.

“I’ll be 21 Jan. 20, she’ll be 50 Jan. 20,” Edroff said, as Sophie and her entourage drove away from Jeneece Place at Victoria General Hospital.

Sophie and her husband, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex — the youngest of the Queen’s children — are in B.C. for five days. Sophie’s Saturday itinerary included visits to Jeneece Place, the Our Place social agency and the University of Victoria.

Having the countess come to Jeneece Place was “absolutely amazing,” said Edroff, the driving force behind the facility that bears her name. Jeneece Place, opened in 2012, is a “home away from home” for families with children who need to come to Victoria for
Sophie, Jeneece share birthdays and a desire to touch our hearts - Business - Times Colonist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom