The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-10-2015, 05:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Chic .. she is amazing ..

Old 09-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
The Countess attends reception in celebration of HM The Queen becoming the Longest Serving Monarch:
HRH The Countess of Wessex: The Countess attends reception in celebration of HM The Queen becoming the Longest Serving Monarch
Great post Anna! The Countess looked wonderful, and I loved the articles about HM. Made me tear up. I love her. No one better- but William's getting there.
Still, there will never be another like her. I love her.
BTW, love the picture of Diana in the one article. Love that dress.

Old 09-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Countess of Wessex was at the Marshfield Bakery in Wiltshire, September 10th, 2015

Read more: Sophie, Countess of Wessex swaps designer outfits for a hairnet | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Sophie, Countess of Wessex swaps designer outfits for a hairnet | Daily Mail Online

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/S...ail/story.html
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Marsh...ail/story.html
Old 09-10-2015, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie looks like a surgeon about to operate, but she seems to be in good spirits about it!
Old 09-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Sophie, Countess of Wessex attends the annual BGC Global Chariry Day at BGC Partners on September 11, 2015 in London, England.

gettyimages.co.uk gallery
Old 09-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I love, love, love the dress from yesterday. It's so beautiful.

I am also a big fan of today's sartorial choice as well. It's brave and I feel Sophie pulls it off well.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:53 AM

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-31526845.html

Their Royal Highnesses yesterday attended the Annual Northern Ireland Garden Party at Hillsborough Castle.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

God Save The Queen!

Old 09-15-2015, 08:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@BritishMonarchy: The Earl of Wessex at today's service marking the 75th Anniversary of #BattleofBritain @StPaulsLondon #BoB75 http://t.co/7DKoJL6EGD
Old 09-24-2015, 04:59 PM
Administrator

On September 21 the Earl of Wessex was in Germany. As Royal Honorary Colonel of The Royal Wessex Yeomanry he attended the annual training exercise at the Sennelager training area in Paderborn.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** geseke-news.de: Prinz Edward besucht britische Truppen in Paderborn **

** paderzeitung.de: Prinz Edward besuchte britisches Regiment auf dem Truppenübungsplatz Sennelager ** translation **
Old 09-30-2015, 03:39 AM
Administrator

The Earl of Wessex was in Nottingham on September 25 to visit the Theatre Royal on the occasion of its 150th anniversary.

** nottinghampost.com: Prince Edward cuts cake replica of Theatre Royal..**

** westbridgfordwire.com: In Pictures: Prince Edward HRH The Earl of Wessex at Theatre Royal...**
Old 10-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Earl of Wessex was in Nottingham on September 25 to visit the Theatre Royal on the occasion of its 150th anniversary.

** nottinghampost.com: Prince Edward cuts cake replica of Theatre Royal..**

** westbridgfordwire.com: In Pictures: Prince Edward HRH The Earl of Wessex at Theatre Royal...**
That cake! Wow! So pretty! And that's a small job for her! Seriously! Like to see what her big jobs are! Blown away by her talent! So not one of mine!
I see Edward's point- but I loved hers- that the best part for her is people enjoying her creations! And I bet that cake was really yummy!
Old 10-03-2015, 03:57 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, October 2nd, the Earl and Countess of Wessex attended the Autumn Racing & CAMRA Beer Festival meet at Ascot Racecourse.

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 10-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Heir Apparent

The video of Edward cutting the cake is amusing and that is a MIGHTY cake!

Lovely to see them both at Ascot.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Yesterday, October 2nd, the Earl and Countess of Wessex attended the Autumn Racing & CAMRA Beer Festival meet at Ascot Racecourse.

** gettyimages gallery **
Thanks for posting those - Sophie looks really lovely (I love her suit), and I always love to see pictures of her at Ascot because she always gets quite into it. Her reactions can be priceless.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Courtier

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Day 1 of HRH's visit to Qatar in support of Orbis charity.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Express promises news from the Countess tomorrow on her daughter's eyesight struggles.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Countess of Wessex: My daughter’s battle helped me see the plight of so many children | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 10-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Courtier

Nice interview. I'm glad to hear her talk a little about Louise's eye problems, if only because it helps set the record straight on some things (e.g. it's interesting to hear her point out that Louise never had exotropia, because that's what the papers always said it was. Yet further proof that just because a piece of information gets repeated over and over again, it doesn't mean it's true!). And it's really great to hear that Louise's eyesight is perfect now.

I know Sophie has declined to discuss Louise's eye problem in the past, but I think it's often helpful for people to discuss their personal reasons for supporting a particular cause.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
Nice interview. I'm glad to hear her talk a little about Louise's eye problems, if only because it helps set the record straight on some things (e.g. it's interesting to hear her point out that Louise never had exotropia, because that's what the papers always said it was. Yet further proof that just because a piece of information gets repeated over and over again, it doesn't mean it's true!). And it's really great to hear that Louise's eyesight is perfect now.

I know Sophie has declined to discuss Louise's eye problem in the past, but I think it's often helpful for people to discuss their personal reasons for supporting a particular cause.
My daughter has exotropia and her appearance was exactly like Louise's (my daughter had surgery at four, but the drifting reappeared in her teens - not an uncommon occurrence btw) so it wasn't that far a stretch for people to assume she did. However, I'm a little disappointed that Sophie used the term "squint" as in the US that would be considered a derogatory term and makes no medical sense at all. I would have like to have her use the exact diagnosis as that would enable people to be a little more educated on the various kinds of complications of prematurity. Oh well.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
My daughter has exotropia and her appearance was exactly like Louise's (my daughter had surgery at four, but the drifting reappeared in her teens - not an uncommon occurrence btw) so it wasn't that far a stretch for people to assume she did. However, I'm a little disappointed that Sophie used the term "squint" as in the US that would be considered a derogatory term and makes no medical sense at all. I would have like to have her use the exact diagnosis as that would enable people to be a little more educated on the various kinds of complications of prematurity. Oh well.
Oh, I'm not surprised that the assumption was that she had exotropia, but more that it seemed to be reported as fact for so long - that's just bad journalism. I realize, though, that Edward and Sophie have obviously been quite private about Louise's eye condition, and continue to be. I, too, found it a bit odd that Sophie used the term "squint," largely because it means something quite different to me (e.g. to me, squinting is what one does if the sun is too bright). However, there are obviously general differences in vocabulary in the US and the UK, and I find these differences to be most pronounced when it comes to anything medical. As for specificity with regard to the exact diagnosis, it does mention strabismus, but I realize that's a very broad condition - is there usually a more specific diagnosis? I am glad that Sophie did at least mention that the issue was connected to prematurity, because I know I've heard some people doubt if that had anything to do with Louise's eye condition (I had always assumed it did. I'm no medical expert by any means, but was aware that eye problems were common in premature babies). Overall, it seems as if Sophie still wants to keep the specifics private (fair enough - as it's do to with Louise's health, not her own). I'm frankly surprised it took her so long to discuss it at all, because Sophie has been involved with charities related to vision problems since before Louise was even born, and it seems to be one of the causes she's most passionate about. Even just mentioning a personal connection can, I think, help draw attention to such things.

Tags
countess of wessex, current events, earl of wessex, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, viscount severn