The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Really lovely and hartwarming pix. Louise is a real natural beauty, I love these two families, they seem to enjoy their company so well !

Old 08-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
She has grown up so much over the past year. She is becoming a young lady which is really lovely. She no longer has her chubby childlike cheeks and she is getting really tall. Her hair is such a beautiful colours of blonde and I imagine she will continue to dye her hair blonde as she grows up. Zara had really blonde hair as a child and it started to dark during her teenage years, which I think will happen to Louise too. Sophie continues to dye her hair blonde so I reckon Louise will too.

Sophie, Louise and Edward

I love that photo because the trio are sitting in the same way and it also demonstrates Louise's uncanny resemblance to her father.

Louise and Edward - They even walk the same way! She is the image of Edward - no paternity test needed there! The jury is still out on James! I am of course joking; James looks more like his mother's side of the family and he has her dimples.
I was thinking the same thing about Louise's hair - it's almost exactly the same as mine was at her age (same color, same texture), but it started to get darker when I was a teenager, so I started having it highlighted. I can't imagine Louise not being a blonde (just as I can't imagine myself not being blonde) so I do hope she keeps it that way. Either way, I think Louise has such a lovely, classic beauty. I think it's so funny how she's always looked so much like Edward and his side of the family. Growing up, lot of children seem to go through phases in which they sort of shift who they resemble, but she's always been a mini-Edward

James is, as usual, nothing short of adorable (I don't know if anyone posted pictures of him in this thread yet). I used to not be able to figure out which side of the family he resembles, but at some point recently I came across some pictures of Sophie with her nephews when they were a bit younger, and James looks a lot like Sophie's younger nephew. And I think he seems to look more specifically like Sophie the older he gets (though he sometimes looks a bit like Edward, too).

It's nice to see more pictures of Louise and James as they're growing up, but now I almost feel like they're growing up too quickly - every time I see a picture of Louise, I think "there's no way she can be so grown up now - I must be getting old!"

Old 08-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Majesty

Louise is definitely a beautiful young lady, and she definitely resembles her father's side of the family. I love her hair. It suits her complexion quite nicely. Hopefully, she won't need to start dying it for a while.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Louise is definitely a beautiful young lady, and she definitely resembles her father's side of the family. I love her hair. It suits her complexion quite nicely. Hopefully, she won't need to start dying it for a while.
My daughter has the exact same hair color at Louise - very fair as a child and darkening a bit to honey blonde. She's now 26 and the same honey-blonde with no chemical assistance whatsoever.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

That one picture of Louise and her Dad walking side by side....She's just past his shoulder now!?! When I think back to Sandringham and last Christmas and see her now...

What a change. She's w/out a doubt entered her Teenage years and growing into a lovely young lady.

I love that picture of her, Autumn, Zara and Mia. As was said, you know you've entered Adulthood when... :)

Old 08-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Aristocracy

Lady Louise is only 11. She will be 12 in November. So, not a teenager until November of 2016. She really is a beautiful little girl.

As a matter of fact, Princess Amalia, Princess of Orange, is almost the exact same age. Princess Amalia will be 12 in December.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:50 AM
Serene Highness

She is technically a tween... A young girl too old for toys but too young for boys :) But Princess Amalia and her don't seem the same age to me and I can't put my finger on why exactly.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Really charming family...
Old 08-10-2015, 04:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
She is technically a tween... A young girl too old for toys but too young for boys :) But Princess Amalia and her don't seem the same age to me and I can't put my finger on why exactly.
To me one, Louise, has been allowed to be a little girl and grow up slowly while Amalia has seen like a teenager for two to three years already meaning that to me she has been allowed to grow up too fast. One has grown slowly into the 11 she is now - as girls used to do in the 1950s and 1960s while the other has been rushed to be grown up, as is the current fashion.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
James is, as usual, nothing short of adorable (I don't know if anyone posted pictures of him in this thread yet). I used to not be able to figure out which side of the family he resembles, but at some point recently I came across some pictures of Sophie with her nephews when they were a bit younger, and James looks a lot like Sophie's younger nephew. And I think he seems to look more specifically like Sophie the older he gets (though he sometimes looks a bit like Edward, too).
It's nice to see more pictures of Louise and James as they're growing up, but now I almost feel like they're growing up too quickly - every time I see a picture of Louise, I think "there's no way she can be so grown up now - I must be getting old!"
James – he did look adorable.
Sophie Rhys Jones 1966 - I think James looks more like Sophie than Edward. James looked a lot like Sophie as a toddler.
Sophie Rhys Jones - I think he looks a lot like her there. He also has her dimples!
He definitely looks like Sophie's youngest nephew Harry Rhys-Jones Harry Rhys-Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissByrd View Post
Lady Louise is only 11. She will be 12 in November. So, not a teenager until November of 2016. She really is a beautiful little girl.
As a matter of fact, Princess Amalia, Princess of Orange, is almost the exact same age. Princess Amalia will be 12 in December.
Louise, Amalia and Ingrid-Alexandra were all born one month apart. Their mums were all part of the 2003 Royal Baby Boom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
To me one, Louise, has been allowed to be a little girl and grow up slowly while Amalia has seen like a teenager for two to three years already meaning that to me she has been allowed to grow up too fast. One has grown slowly into the 11 she is now - as girls used to do in the 1950s and 1960s while the other has been rushed to be grown up, as is the current fashion.
I would say this is very true – Amalia has grown up a lot rather quickly, but that’s perhaps because of what her future holds. Louise will of course not have ANY of the responsibility that Amalia has, so Louise has been able to be a “normal” child which has been very lucky for her. I have to say even her cousins Beatrice and Eugenie had a very different childhood to Louise. Sophie and Edward did Louise right in keeping her younger years very private, although I have to say that both Louise and James deal with the photographers extremely well considering they have not always been photographed by the press. Their parents have brought them up well so far.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you Molly that there is a difference between Amalia and Louise that appears to be related to Amalia being the PoO while Louise is far down in the BRF line of succession.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015

Tried to delete after realizing I should have read further down the thread and I couldn't, so did it the old fashioned way. If the Mods could take care of this please and thank you!?!
Old 08-11-2015, 03:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Children develop at their own pace and to assume someone has been rushed to grow up too fast is just speculating. They both seem within what could be considered normal for their ages. Some kids are just "grown up" early while other never grow up. I am sure both girls are just where they are supposed to be.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:50 AM
Courtier

Amalia to me seems like all other girls just going to highschool here in the Netherlands. No premature growing up.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Better not fall over! Countess of Couture Sophie Wessex wears a £935 Peter Pilotto dress... to play HOCKEY with her daughter | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-30-2015, 02:57 PM
Courtier

How nice that she took Louise to the engagement with her! Seems like they were having fun. However, I'd like to direct an eye roll to the Daily Mail for making the story about the price of Sophie's dress (which I'm pretty sure she's worn several times before), rather than the fact that it was a nice mother-daughter outing. Typical Daily Mail.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Such a misleading title from the Daily Mail as it sounds like Sophie took Louise to play hockey privately, not on an official engagement. Sophie was there as Patron and to give out the awards at the end, she couldn't exactly rock up in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. She would have been ridiculed for that and for being too "casual".

Lovely to see Louise with her mum - being a royal child has to have some perks, eh!
Old 08-30-2015, 03:25 PM
Serene Highness

Sophie's shoes are too cute.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Ι agree. The only thing worth commenting on is the fact that it was a fine day for the countess who went with her daughter. Everything else
Old 08-30-2015, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Such a misleading title from the Daily Mail as it sounds like Sophie took Louise to play hockey privately, not on an official engagement. Sophie was there as Patron and to give out the awards at the end, she couldn't exactly rock up in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. She would have been ridiculed for that and for being too "casual".

Lovely to see Louise with her mum - being a royal child has to have some perks, eh!
Yeah, I notice the DM conveniently didn't include any pictures of the medal ceremony, which make it quit clear that it was an official engagement. It's not like Sophie and Louise just turned up at the local park and started playing hockey. However, given that the Daily Mail did an article on the cost of Sophie's wardrobe a few weeks ago, I'm guessing that's an angle they'll be sticking with for a while.

It's really nice to see that Louise and James seem to increasingly accompany their parents to events, when appropriate.

Tags
countess of wessex, current events, earl of wessex, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, viscount severn