The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Courtier

Court Circular 26th June:
The Earl of Wessex this afternoon attended a Reception for community groups at Victoria Hall, 29 Townlands Park, Cromarty, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Ross and Cromarty (Mrs. Janet Bowen).

His Royal Highness afterwards visited Cromarty Primary School, Braehead, Cromarty.

The Earl of Wessex later visited Cromarty Courthouse Museum, Church Street, Cromarty.

His Royal Highness visited East Church, Church Street.

The Earl of Wessex subsequently visited Cromarty Brewery, Glencora, Davidston, Cromarty.

His Royal Highness this evening attended a Dinner held by the Duke and Duchess of Fife in Brechin, Angus.

Court Circular 27th June:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this morning visited Brechin Community Campus, Duke Street, Brechin, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Angus (Mrs. James Osborne)

His Royal Highness subsequently visited William Lamb Studio, 24 Market Street, Montrose, Angus.

The Earl of Wessex this afternoon attended a Service in Dunkeld Cathedral to commemorate the Four Hundred and Fiftieth Anniversary of the founding of the Royal School of Dunkeld, followed by a Garden Party at the School, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Perth and Kinross (Brigadier Melville Jameson).

His Royal Highness afterwards visited Willowgate Activity Centre, Stockgreen Lodge, Lairwell, Perth.

The Earl of Wessex later visited Perth Theatre, 185 High Street, Perth.

His Royal Highness this evening attended a Dinner held by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Perth and Kinross in Blairgowrie, Perthshire.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Stoll, this afternoon held a Lunch.

The Countess of Wessex, also representing The Earl of Wessex, was present at the Funeral of the Countess Mountbatten of Burma which was held at St. Paul's Church, Knightsbridge, London SW1, this afternoon.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, Central School of Ballet, this evening held a Dinner.

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Funeral of The Countess Mountbatten of Burma attended by members of royal family

Court Circular 28th June:
The Earl of Wessex this morning visited SportScotland National Sports Training Centre Inverclyde, Burnside Road, Largs, Ayrshire, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Ayrshire and Arran (Mr. John Duncan).

His Royal Highness later visited Centre Stage Music Theatre, 13 James Little Street, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire.

The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this afternoon opened the new building at Fet-Lor Youth Club, 122 Crewe Road South, Edinburgh, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of the City of Edinburgh (Councillor Francis Ross, the Rt. Hon. the Lord Provost).

Court Circular 29th June:
The Countess of Wessex, Patron, this morning visited Remus Memorial Horse Sanctuary, Little Farm, Buttsbury, Ingatestone, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Essex (the Lord Petre).

Her Royal Highness later visited the Kypros Nicolaides Fetal Medicine Unit, Southend University Hospital, Southend-on-Sea, and was received by Mr. Jonathan Douglas-Hughes (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Essex).

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Association of Sail Training Organisations, this afternoon visited Essex members of the Association at Brightlingsea Town Hard, Brightlingsea, Essex.

HRH The Countess of Wessex: HRH visits Essex with three engagements

Old 07-03-2017, 07:49 AM
Majesty

The Countess of Wessex attended today at the Hampton Court Flower Show in London

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ower-Show.html

https://www.rexfeatures.com/set/8887879

Old 07-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Administrator

As Patron of London Children's Flower Society the Countess of Wessex also visited Baston House School in Bromley today,

a large gallery of both visits today can be found here:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 07-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Administrator

The Countess of Wessex was in Gloucester today, July 5, to open the Pied Piper Room at Wotton Lawn Hospital and the Alexandra Wellbeing House. In Cheltenham she visited the National Star College (pics 4 -5) and in Overbury she visited LEAF at Overbury Enterprises (pics 1-3):

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** Overbury Ent ** National Star College fb gallery **

** gloucestershirelive: Countess of Wessex charms the county as she visits sites across Gloucestershire **
Old 07-07-2017, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, July 6, the Countess of Wessex as Vice-Patron of the Royal Bath and West of England Society visited the Mendip School in Shepton Mallet. She also visited the "Back on Track" Charity at the Divorky Riding School in Shepton Mallet.

** Mendip School fb gallery ** Divoky Riding School fb photo **
Old 07-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Gentry

Not sure if this is the right forum. Has it been announced if Lady Louise will go to new (secondary) school this year? I do wonder also if James will go to Eton or Gordonstoun or where. With Edward taking on several of his father's causes I wonder if these children will follow Princess Anne's children to Gordonstoun.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Royal Highness

Nothing announced that I've heard, personally I suspect they will go somewhere a little more low key than Eton and equally closer to home that Gordonstoun. Didn't Beatrice and Eugenie go to a school near Windsor?
Old 07-07-2017, 08:10 PM
Nobility

Eugenie went to Marlborough College in Wiltshire, where both the Duchess of Cambridge and her sister went to school. Beatrice went to St. George's school in Ascot.

I really don't think Louise will go to Gordonstoun, and probably not James either.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I imagine Louise will go to somewhere near home if they aren't planning on sending her to boarding school. Perhaps she will go to St George's in Ascot, where Beatrice attended. If they plan to send her to boarding school then I can see Marlborough College, where Eugenie went, or Wellington College, which is where Marie Chantal's children go. Louise was Head Girl at Windsor so that stands her in good stead for her next school.

Her primary education was never announced though; it was just somehow discovered that she was attending St George's in Windsor, although I don't know how. The only way we will know where she goes next is if it gets slipped out by someone else.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Administrator

The Earl of Wessex as Royal Honorary Colonel of the Royal Wessex Yeomanry attended a Service at the Cote 112 Memorial in the Normandy in France today, July 9, to commemorate the anniversary of the Battle for Hill 112:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Préfet du Calvados **

** francetvinfo.fr: Le Prince Edward au Mémorial de la Cote 112, lieu méconnu de la Bataille de Normandie ** translation **

Old 07-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Back to the school discussion; I also don't think that Louise will go to boarding school. Like Molly, I think that a school like St. George's in Ascot will be a likely choice for her. It will be interesting to see where she'll go in September.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Back to the school discussion; I also don't think that Louise will go to boarding school. Like Molly, I think that a school like St. George's in Ascot will be a likely choice for her. It will be interesting to see where she'll go in September.
St George's in Ascot is also cheaper than Marlborough College (about £2000 cheaper) but is girls only, whereas Marlborough is co-educational so it depends whether they want her to go to a mixed school. I attended a single sex school and I have to day, I wouldn't send my children to single sex schools, but it's just a personal preference.

Tudor Hall is another option which is where Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones currently attends.

They might completely surprise everyone and send her to the private school Sophie attended, Kent College. We'll just have to see.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:02 AM
Majesty

Earl of Wessex named Edinburgh International Festival royal patron

Prince Edward becomes Edinburgh International Festival patron - BBC News
Old 07-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Courtier

Court Circular 30th June:
-missing from the website

Court Circular 3rd July:
The Earl of Wessex, Chancellor, this afternoon visited the University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath, Somerset.

His Royal Highness, Chancellor, University of Bath, this evening attended the Chancellor's Dinner at Bath Assembly Rooms, Bennett Street, Bath, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Somerset (Mrs. Richard Maw).

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Blind Veterans UK, this morning visited the Royal Horticultural Society Hampton Court Palace Flower Show, East Molesey, Surrey, and was received by Wing Commander Michael Dudgeon (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London).

Her Royal Highness, Patron, London Children's Flower Society, this afternoon visited Baston House School, Baston Road, Bromley, and was received by Colonel Robert Murfin (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Visit to RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show & Baston House School

Court Circular 4th July:

Court Circular 5th July:
HRH The Countess of Wessex: The Countess visits Gloucestershire & Worcestershire
Countess of Wessex charms the county as she visits sites across Gloucestershire - Gloucestershire Live
https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalFami...11858288541696

Court Circular 6th July:
HRH The Countess of Wessex: HRH visits Mendip School & Divorky Riding School in Somerset.

Court Circular 9th July:
The Earl of Wessex, Royal Honorary Colonel, The Royal Wessex Yeomanry, this morning arrived in France and was received by Colonel Christopher Borneman (Military Attaché, representing Her Majesty's Ambassador to the French Republic).

His Royal Highness afterwards attended a Memorial Service at the Côte 112 Memorial and laid a wreath to commemorate the Anniversary of those who fell in the Battle for Hill 112 on 12th July, 1944 and laid a wreath.

The Earl of Wessex this afternoon attended a Reception at the Salle des Fêtes, Esquay-Notre-Dame, given by the Mayor of Esquay-Notre-Dame for representatives of the Association Odon Côte 112 and mayors of the local communes.

His Royal Highness later returned to the United Kingdom.
Captain Hugh Vere Nicoll was in attendance.

Court Circular 10th July:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, today held a Meeting.

His Royal Highness, Royal Honorary Colonel, Royal Wessex Yeomanry, this afternoon received Lieutenant Colonel John Godfrey upon relinquishing his appointment as Commanding Officer.

The Earl of Wessex this evening attended the Armidalians' Union Reception at the Caledonian Club, Halkin Street, London SW1.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, later held a Dinner at Buckingham Palace for the Australian Award Ambassadors.

Court Circular 11th July:
The Earl of Wessex, President, Sport and Recreation Alliance, this morning attended the Annual General Meeting, Brunei Gallery, University of London, Thornhaugh Street, London WC1.

His Royal Highness, Patron, the London Gardens Society, this afternoon toured winning gardens in Bexley and Bromley and was received by Major David Hewer (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh this evening gave a Reception for Winners of The Queen's Awards for Enterprise at Buckingham Palace. The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and The Duke of Kent were present.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:30 AM
Administrator

The Countess of Wessex as Patron of the Defence Medical Welfare Service attended the National Police Bravery Awards in London yesterday, July 13:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Police Federation **
Old 07-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Administrator

The Countess of Wessex attended the Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society Show at St. George's School, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, today, July 15:

** windsorexpress: Sophie, Countess of Wessex opens Royal Windsor Summer Show **
Old 07-15-2017, 03:56 PM
Majesty

. More photos from the opening today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DExNZXXXkAE04Pv.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DExNZXkXYAIY-Km.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DExNZXqW0AIMIip.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DExNZXbXcAETS5i.jpg
Old 07-15-2017, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Sweet to see James with her today. It was held at his school after all.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I was just thinking the same thing. It's nice to see James accompany his mother on an engagement.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-18-2017, 12:53 PM
Courtier

Court Circular 12th July:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon held a Meeting.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Defence Medical Welfare Service, this afternoon held a Meeting.

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh gave a State Banquet this evening in honour of The King and Queen of Spain at which The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Henry of Wales, The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Michael of Kent and The Lady Gabriella Windsor were present.

Court Circular 13th July:
The Earl of Wessex, President, Creative Youth, this evening attended the International Youth Arts Festival at the Rose Theatre, Kingston upon Thames, and was received by Colonel Geoffrey Godbold (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, the Defence Medical Welfare Service, this evening attended the National Police Bravery Awards at the Dorchester Hotel, Park Lane, London W1, and was received by Dr. Paul Knapman (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

HRH The Countess of Wessex: HRH The Countess of Wessex attended Police Bravery Awards
HRH The Countess of Wessex: Day 10 of 2017 Wimbledon for The Countess of Wessex
https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalFami...51060912390145

Court Circular 15th July:
The Countess of Wessex this morning visited the Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Show, St. George's School, Windsor, Berkshire.

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society Show for Sophie & James

Tags
countess of wessex, current events, earl of wessex, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, viscount severn