Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015-November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Countess of Wessex had a number of engagements in Swansea today, March 19. She visited Walsingham Support Forge Fach in Clydach (1-3) opened Teilos Community Cwtch in Portmead (4) as Patron of the Royal Mencap Society she visited Swansea and District Mencap, Friendship House in celebration of Swansea and District Mencap's 60th anniversary (5-7) and she visited Swansea City of Sanctuary (8 - 10):

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **

Court Circular 19th March:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, today attended Receptions at St. James's Palace for young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in the Award.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon held a World Fellowship Lunch at Buckingham Palace.

The Earl of Wessex later received the Governor-General of Barbados (Her Excellency Dame Sandra Mason).

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, subsequently held a Meeting.

As part of the Farnham Festival celebrations this week, The Countess of Wessex visited the Maltings yesterday ahead of the You Raise Me Up performance in the Great Hall, by pupils of Ridgeway School and The Abbey School with Luminosa Young Voices and Farnham Youth Choir junior choir.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BglN0JUlSZS/?taken-by=farnhammaltings

The Countess invites terminally ill fhotograthervtobthe palace to take her picture

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2018032147150/countess-wessex-portrait-james-dunn/

Last edited:
Court Circular 20th March:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning held Meetings.

His Royal Highness, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, today attended Receptions at St. James's Palace for young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in the Award.

The Earl of Wessex this afternoon attended the UK Armed Forces Sports Awards Lunch at the Royal Air Force Club, 128 Piccadilly, London W1.

The Countess of Wessex this afternoon visited Bells Piece, Leonard Cheshire Disability, Hale Road, Farnham, and was received by Mr. Christopher Biddell (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Surrey).

Her Royal Highness subsequently attended the Farnham Festival at Farnham Maltings, 2 Bridge Square, Farnham.

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Visit to Bells Piece Supported Living & Farnham Festival in Surrey.

Court Circular 21st March:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this morning attended a Trustees Meeting at Gulliver House, Madeira Walk, Windsor, Berkshire.

His Royal Highness, Chancellor, University of Bath, this afternoon held a Meeting.

Last edited:
Court Circular 22nd March:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, this morning visited St Marylebone School, 64 Marylebone High Street, London W1, and was received by Dr David Dangoor (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this afternoon visited Lord’s Cricket Ground, St John’s Wood Road, London NW8, as part of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Real Tennis Tour and was received by Dr Paul Knapman (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this evening attended a Dinner at Lord’s Cricket Ground.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Foundation of Light, this afternoon held a Luncheon at Buckingham Palace.

Her Royal Highness, Chairman, Women in Business Committee, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, afterwards chaired a Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, the National Autistic Society, this evening held a Dinner at Buckingham Palace.

The Earl of Wessex was seen leaving Andrew Lloyd Webber's 70th birthday party in London last night, March 22/23:

** rex gallery **

On March 22 the Countess of Wessex as Patron of the National Autistic Society hosted a dinner for the National Autistic Society at Buckingham Palace:

** rex gallery **

:previous: I wonder if Lady Louise will ever go competitive with carriage riding. :flowers:

It was nice to see Louise and Edward out riding. Good to see them making the most of the warm weather before part three of the Siberian snow returns next weekend!

:previous: I wonder if Lady Louise will ever go competitive with carriage riding. :flowers:

I wonder the same thing. It could be likely; IIRC Philip, who also enjoys carriage riding, took it up competitively.

It was nice to see Louise and Edward out riding. Good to see them making the most of the warm weather before part three of the Siberian snow returns next weekend!

I wonder the same thing. It could be likely; IIRC Philip, who also enjoys carriage riding, took it up competitively.

That's why I'm thinking she might do so, too. :flowers: Would be fun for her, I think. Clearly she's investing time into the practice. Why not take it to the next level? It would please her grandfather.

I wasn't but 12 when I got to start driving my dad's old dodge dart on the back roads.

LaRae

I imagine all the Queen's children and grandchildren probably drove quite young on private land.

I know a lot of my school friends lived on farms and had, at most, a handful of 'proper' lessons to get accustomed to driving on public roads before passing their test no problem first time.

I've gotten the impression that it's quite common for those who own private land to start driving on said land at around James's age or slightly older (after all, he's not driving down the local highstreet in the Land Rover!). I'm sure that if it was unsafe for him his parents wouldn't have let him drive, and he seems experienced enough to be driving independently so he was probably fine behind the wheel.

Nothing wrong with Learning at home.....I LOVE the pic where Sophie holds his head tenderly !

I have issues with parents who apply "do as I say, not as I do." Especially with safety equipment. A brain injury is tragic for the rest of the family, whomever is not protecting their skull.
Louise is wearing a proper helmet, while her Mom is balanced on the back of the carriage wearing a soft hat. Grrrrrrrrr.
And Sophie knows better, having kitted out for her epic bike ride.

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread but I didn't see an obvious place for it...Has anyone heard lately how Louise's eye condition is coming along following the corrective surgery? She appears to see well in all of the pictures and videos we've seen of her in recent years but I do notice that she occasionally appears to squint slightly or that her eyes still sometimes appear to turn inward. Though in all fairness none of these pictures and videos are really that close that we would be able to discern that clearly. Just my observation. I'm not terribly familiar with the condition that she suffered from so I'm not sure if the surgery would be a permanent fix-all or if it would be a progressive series of surgeries through the years? Does anyone know?

And while I'm on the health questions kick...someone shared with me a rumor that James may be on the autism spectrum. I hadn't ever heard anything of the kind, though that's really not saying much. Is there anything to substantiate this or it is just one of those crazy rumors that circulates every now and then?

Court Circular 4th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning held a Meeting.

His Royal Highness this evening departed from Heathrow Airport, London, for Australia.
Mr. Timothy Roberts is in attendance.

Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015

So Edward is arriving here in Australia today that’s great but wish Sophie was coming as well such a classic lady

So Edward is arriving here in Australia today that’s great but wish Sophie was coming as well such a classic lady

He’s doing a lot of events for The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation and also closing the Commonwealth Games -he's the Vice Patron of The Commonwealth Games Federation.

Sophie has never accompanied Edward to Australia for some reason. Maybe she thinks the Aussies won't care for her or the Queen doesn't want her to go so far away. Who knows?

Edward comes down every two or three years for DoE stuff (frequently overlooked by the media here and in the UK - like Andrew's nearly two week visit last year which saw no coverage anywhere).

Why would The Queen not want Sophie so far away but was happy for everyone else to visit

I think its more its a 'working visit' and not a tour, the reason she doesn't accompany him to Australia. Like he doesn't accompany her on many of her foreign trips either. It may also be that the couple wants to limit how often they are both away from their children. Unlike his siblings, Edward still has children at home.

Sophie travels a great deal of the year. Its certainly not a matter of the queen not wanting her to go far away. Certainly she was in Brunei with Edward recently which is nearly as far.

Andrew and Edward often fly under the radar when they visit commonwealth countries. Andrew is often in Canada, he works closely with our military/navy, but it is rarely covered.

Court Circular 6th April:
The Earl of Wessex this morning arrived in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, today undertook the following engagements in Melbourne.

The Earl of Wessex this morning attended a Reception at Government House for young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and was received by the Governor of Victoria (the Hon Linda Dessau).

His Royal Highness this afternoon attended a Luncheon at the Australia Club, 110 William Street.

The Earl of Wessex this evening attended a Dinner at the Park Hyatt Melbourne, 1 Parliament Square.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom