The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-25-2016, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Sophie Countess of Wessex completes 450-mile cycle from Edinburgh to Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

Old 09-25-2016, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

OK, she had a Go Pro or similar camera on her helmet. I do hope we get to see that footage. Though I will understand if she saves that for herself and her family.

I adore this "We did it" photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4807507004.jpg

Old 09-25-2016, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I haven't followed much of this, so sorry for my silly question. But, did the team make some stops? How did it work?

Very good job. I wasn't expecting anything like this from Sophie, I must be honest.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I haven't followed much of this, so sorry for my silly question. But, did the team make some stops? How did it work?

Very good job. I wasn't expecting anything like this from Sophie, I must be honest.
The made frequent stops but averaged 70 miles per day, or so. Spent nights at army barracks - how smart and cost-wise was that! Their chase car was also military. Anna did a brilliant day by day post - with a map and other details at My Small obsessions on FB: https://www.facebook.com/Kate.Sophie...Blogs/?fref=ts It's the perfect way to get caught up.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
The made frequent stops but averaged 70 miles per day, or so. Spent nights at army barracks - how smart and cost-wise was that! Their chase car was also military. Anna did a brilliant day by day post - with a map and other details at My Small obsessions on FB: https://www.facebook.com/Kate.Sophie...Blogs/?fref=ts It's the perfect way to get caught up.

Oh thank you! I thought I was being really stupid in asking such a question.

I will read the post on Fb asap
Old 09-25-2016, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Well done to the whole team!

I do believe one family member missed Sophie more than anyone else!

James and mummy

James was so happy to see her that he wrapped his arms around her when Edward was hugging her and didn't let go. Then he moved to be next to her during the photo and wrapped his arms around her again = Mummy's boy!

I've said it before but i'll say it again - James' dimples are CUTE!
Old 09-25-2016, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Wonderful effort from the Duchess and her team. 500+ miles is a long way to cycle...and all for a worthy cause. I'm curious if she is going to continue cycling as a hobby and a means to stay fit and trim. Seems a waste to lose that level of fitness now, as well as all the other benefits of being active...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 09-25-2016, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
Wonderful effort from the Duchess and her team. 500+ miles is a long way to cycle...and all for a worthy cause. I'm curious if she is going to continue cycling as a hobby and a means to stay fit and trim. Seems a waste to lose that level of fitness now, as well as all the other benefits of being active... Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
She's already made a comment that she will set a new challenge, but did not specify what.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

The Countess cracks me up. If you have not read her Day 6 blog, you will enjoy it. It's chock-a-block with cycling and team hi-jinks. I wonder how many times the kids rolled their eyes at this.
https://www.royal.uk/countess-wessex...#bio-section-5
Old 09-27-2016, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

I loved reading Sophie's diaries from the week's ride. She made so many funny quips and they were also very well written. I'd like to see a video of the formation cycling along with their humming at the airbase. Would be very amusing to watch i'm sure.

I still can't get over how cute it was to see James throw himself at Sophie when she arrived. He didn't let her go for most of the time when they were outside Buckingham Palace. This photo from Anna's blog is adorable. This photo from the same instagram account was just as cute. He is quite the mummy's boy.

The videos are also lovely and I loved seeing Edward allow James to give Sophie her pin. Getting his practice in for when he's the Duke of Edinburgh!
Old 09-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Nobility

Court Circular 22nd September:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, today carried out the following engagements in Guernsey to celebrate the Diamond Anniversary and was received by the Lieutenant Governor and Commander-in-Chief of the Bailiwick of Guernsey (Vice Admiral Sir Ian Corder).

His Royal Highness this morning visited St. Anne's School, Newtown, Alderney.

The Earl of Wessex this afternoon visited the Ladies' College, les Gravées, St. Peter Port.

His Royal Highness afterwards visited la Mare de Carteret High School, Rue de Galaad, Castel, and was received by the Bailiff of the Bailiwick of Guernsey (Sir Richard Collas).

The Earl of Wessex later met participants from various organisations at Government House, St. Peter Port, demonstrating the skills they have learned whilst taking part in The Duke of Edinburgh's Award.

His Royal Highness this evening attended a Reception at Government House.

The Earl of Wessex afterwards attended a Dinner in Castel.

The Countess of Wessex today bicycled from York to Lincoln on the fourth day of Her Royal Highness's Diamond Challenge on the occasion of the Sixtieth Anniversary of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award.
Prince Edward in Guernsey for Duke of Edinburgh visit | Channel - ITV News
Prince Edward visits the Channel Islands - ITV News
Royal visit continues in Jersey | Channel - ITV News
BBC Local Live: Channel Islands on Thursday 22 September 2016 - BBC News
Royal Visit Marks 60 Years of the DofE - Island FM
Royal | Channel - ITV News

Court Circular 23rd September:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, today carried out engagements in Jersey to celebrate the Diamond Anniversary of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award and was received by the Lieutenant-Governor and Commander-in-Chief of the Bailiwick of Jersey (General Sir John McColl).

His Royal Highness this morning met Award participants from local schools, Jersey Scouts and Jersey Sea Cadets at Queen's Jubilee Activity Centre, Crabbe, St. Mary.

The Earl of Wessex this afternoon visited St. James' Centre, le Breton Lane, St. Helier.

His Royal Highness later visited Jersey War Tunnels, les Charrières Malorey, St. Lawrence.

The Countess of Wessex today bicycled from Lincoln to Peterborough on day five of Her Royal Highness's Diamond Challenge on the occasion of the Sixtieth Anniversary of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award.

Court Circular 24th September:
The Countess of Wessex today bicycled from Peterborough to Aylesbury on day six of Her Royal Highness's Diamond Challenge on the occasion of the Sixtieth Anniversary of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award.

Court Circular 25th September:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, today attended an event at Buckingham Palace to mark the completion of The Countess of Wessex's Diamond Challenge.

The Countess of Wessex this afternoon arrived at Buckingham Palace on completion of Her Royal Highness's Diamond Challenge on the occasion of the Sixtieth Anniversary of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:48 AM
Administrator

Here's another nice gallery of Sophie and her supporters

** pp: Sophie de Wessex : Mission accomplie, gros câlins avec son mari et ses enfants ! **
Old 09-30-2016, 02:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Edward helps the Empire mark 150 years of Lime Street entertainment - Liverpool Echo
Old 09-30-2016, 06:02 PM
Nobility

Court Circular 26th September:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning held a Meeting.

His Royal Highness, Patron, Windsor Festival, this evening attended a Concert and held a Dinner at Windsor Castle.

Court Circular 27th September:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon held a Meeting.

Court Circular 28th September:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, today carried out engagements in Wales to celebrate The Award's Diamond Anniversary.

His Royal Highness this morning attended a talent showcase at Wales Millennium Centre, Bute Place, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of South Glamorgan (Mrs. Morfudd Meredith).

The Earl of Wessex this afternoon visited the Challenge Wales Sail Training Yacht, Pierhead Street, Cardiff.

His Royal Highness later visited Cardiff International White Water Centre, Watkiss Way, Cardiff.

The Earl of Wessex afterwards visited Stanwell School, 1 Archer Road, Penarth.

His Royal Highness this evening attended a Dinner at Wales Millennium Centre.
Royal visit to Penarth school for 60th anniversary of Duke of Edinburgh awards (From Penarth Times)
https://penarthnews.wordpress.com/20...allenge-wales/
https://penarthnews.wordpress.com/20...anwell-school/
Old 10-02-2016, 04:04 AM
Aristocracy

Great links here ..... thanks peeps!

James is so lovely just wanting to be by Mum! Half suspect, looking at him Edward did too, but had to hold back being the adult! Lovely family!
Old 10-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

https://web.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...Ur3RJKp7pV&s=1

Jamie does the Diamond challenge with the Countess of Wessex

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...Wittering.html
Old 10-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Nobility

On the 4th October The Countess of Wessex as Sponsor of HMS DARING, Royal Colonel of 5th Battalion The Rifles, and Honorary Air Commodore of Royal Air Force Wittering attended 'The Countess of Wessex Cup' at RAF Wittering in Wittering, Cambridgeshire.

Soldiers compete in The Countess of Wessex Cup at RAF Wittering | Daily Mail Online
HRH The Countess of Wessex: 'The Countess of Wessex Cup' 2016 challenge
Old 10-05-2016, 01:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Glad to see her again...
Old 10-05-2016, 05:27 AM
Administrator

More pics of the Countess of Wessex Cup yesterday can be found here:

** gettyimages: GBR: The Countess of Wessex Cup Competition At RAF Wittering In Peterborough **

Tags
countess of wessex, current events, earl of wessex, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, viscount severn