The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-09-2015, 08:42 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The Countess of Wessex is in Guernsey today for the 70th anniversary of their liberation. I NEED more of this outfit.

Steve Falla ‏@steve_falla 2h2 hours ago
The Countess in Guernsey green @britishmonarchy #liberation70

States of Guernsey ‏@Govgg 1h1 hour ago
The Countess of Wessex closes the service at Footes Lanes #Liberation70 @BritishMonarchy

Old 05-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

An article from The Guernsey Press:

Countess of Wessex brings message from the Queen « Guernsey Press

Liberation Day is an important event in Guernsey (and the other Channel Islands), with a parade and celebrations all day long with great festive spirit. I'm so please the Countess of Wessex has attended the event.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure how I feel about the dress- think I like it. Need your sun shades for that one! Love the earrings! Had I been the Countess, I think I would have gone red dress, green earrings. Love the way the Countess was with veterans in wheelchairs.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the choice was brilliant. I think the execution of the hem is confusing. The bell out hem is different from the Suzannah as shown. In any case, it made argue in my head bad hem vs. odd design?

But I love all the rest, down to the smallest details it was excellent!
Old 05-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Courtier

I love this dress, it looks gorgeous, as well as ruby earrings. The hem might look weird due to angle of the pics.
One of the best looks of HRH. Well done!
PS, I have updated my post.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie looks stunning I agree Anna I love the dress and the colour and the earrings are beautiful .... GORGEOUS
Old 05-09-2015, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

This dress is amazing and I adore the colour! It looks like a dress Sophie would wear to Ascot although I am unsure if she will repeat it for Ascot. I hope she does though as it's gorgeous. I love the entire 50's retro look - very Mad Men.

Thanks for the links to more photos on your blog, Anna
Old 05-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the photos of HRH with Girlguides, and all the other new pics Anna!
Old 05-11-2015, 01:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
This dress is amazing and I adore the colour! It looks like a dress Sophie would wear to Ascot although I am unsure if she will repeat it for Ascot. I hope she does though as it's gorgeous. I love the entire 50's retro look - very Mad Men.
I do agree. The dress was just right for a VE remembrance.
Can remember when those dresses and skirt lengths were in style in late 40s and early 50s. Always looked neat and bell flared skirts were very upscale then. Lovely.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:30 AM
Serene Highness

I love the style of the dress and the colour too , she looks really good
Old 05-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Courtier

Great coverage from today, plenty of pics!
HRH The Countess of Wessex: The Countess of Wessex opens the Thames Valley Air Ambulance Base at Royal Air Force Benson

Also, I will update my post on Channel Islands with 2 videos, and official pics!
Old 05-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I was so pleased that several photographers came with Sophie today! I loved what Sophie was wearing today - it was completely appropriate for an engagement that involved climbing in and out of a helicopter. A dress would not have been a good idea so it's good that Sophie forethought the outfit. I also need those Prada shoes in my life - they are gorgeous.

Thanks for tracking down so many beautiful photos of Sophie today, Anna. You are credit to Sophie!
Old 05-14-2015, 04:45 PM
Courtier

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Countess attends DANS Symposium & performance given by Ballet Central

My blog have been updated with more pics.
I will still be updating DANS Symposium with more info.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:58 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

All posts about the Royal Windsor Horse show have been moved to the The Royal Windsor Horse Show 2014-2015 thread.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:06 PM
Administrator

The Earl of Wessex as Trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation is on a two-day visit to the Netherlands today and tomorrow.

Today, May 21, he attended the Golden Award of the International Award for Young People in Den Haag:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** belga **
Old 05-21-2015, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I think its great that both Edward and Sophie now share the duties of handing out the awards.

I love the colour of the dress but not a fan of the buttons.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I think its great that both Edward and Sophie now share the duties of handing out the awards.

I love the colour of the dress but not a fan of the buttons.
I too like they share the duties.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 48m 48 minutes ago
The Countess of Wessex meets Gold Standard achievers of @intaward in Prague today. (Via @BritishMonarchy)
https://twitter.com/RoyalCentral/sta...91210600062977

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-21-2015, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Earl of Wessex was in Netherlands on 21st MAy, the events connected to DoE Award Scheme. But also, from CC

His Royal Highness this evening called upon The Queen of the Netherlands at Villa Eikenhorst, Wassenaar.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,

Tags
countess of wessex, current events, earl of wessex, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, viscount severn