Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 8: January 2014-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video of Edward and Sophie opening Dock Park, Dumfries in May.

Earl and Countess of Wesex

I like that at the end Edward waits until Sophie is finished chatting and getting into the car before he gets in.

I didn't like the material or length of Sophie's dress, but loved her hat and hairstyle. She has such a pretty face.

I always wonder why Edward and Sophie are never in the carriages at Ascot. I kind of hope they will be in one on Thursday on their 15th wedding anniversary, but it's highly unlikely.

If ONLY the Countess had worn this staggeringly elegant outfit at yesterdays Garter ceremony, and worn [if she MUST] yesterdays outfit today... [its frothiness and informality would have suited a race meeting much better .]

I hope to never see the feather disaster again. It needs to be burned with the white jumpsuit.

Anna, I posted this on your blog but i'll say it here too. Belinda Hadden, the owner of Heavenly Necklaces and the woman whose jewellery Sophie always wears, is a family friend of Sophie and Edward. Her daughter Camilla is Edward's god-daughter and was a bridesmaid at their wedding.

I didn't like the material or length of Sophie's dress, but loved her hat and hairstyle. She has such a pretty face.

I always wonder why Edward and Sophie are never in the carriages at Ascot. I kind of hope they will be in one on Thursday on their 15th wedding anniversary, but it's highly unlikely.

Bagshot is sooooooo close to Ascot that I think this the reason they drive over and let others enjoy the fun/ceremony of the carriage rides. It's a generous gesture they make for others, if you choose to think of it this way - which I do. :whistling:

Agree don't like the fabric but I love the colour and the style on her and the brooch looks great with it .. but the fabric thumbs down IMO

No photo of Sophie with Edward today. I am disappointed as I had kinda hoped we would get a repeat of last year's photo on their anniversary at Ascot. Ah well, you win some, you lose some!

Oh how sad. I do hope there is such a thing as accident insurance for race horses. Nothing will ease the grief but there is a lot of money involved.

Same here and oh my....What a lovely picture it is. Just love Edward beaming in pride over his girls. :)

Lovely article Anna. I never did like that dress Sophie is wearing as I feel it looks like sleepwear, but if she likes it then who am I to judge?

Nice to see a photo of the visit, not something I expected! Hope they have a lovely dinner tonight at BP for the Wessex Youth Trust.

Rebafan that is such a lovely photo. Edward looks very proud of his girls. very lovely. Lady Louise was so cute with her curly hair and rosy cheeks!

This is a video from Trooping the Colour 2009 and Louise appears about 2 minutes in. It's filmed by a member of the public and she is only in it for a brief time as she didn't come out for the fly past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y56Z8bI4mpk

Last edited:
Not a fan of the white think it is a bit young for her IMO not flattering

I just think the shape of the dress is odd and it looks like a nightie....

Yesterday, June 24, Sophie as Sponsor of HMS DARING, Royal Colonel of Fifth Battalion The Rifles and Honorary Air Commodore of Royal Air Force Wittering attended the Wessex Cup at HMS Collingwood in Fareham.

** gettyimages gallery **

Sophie looks lovely and she is dressed very casually. I like her sunglasses as well!

Sophie has a new patronage.

Ubunye Foundation

Sophie also held a tea party for the 100th birthday of Brownies in BP today and she brought Lady Louise with her. Louise is the girl next to her.

Last edited:
Video:
A very loud "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROWNIES" from The Countess of Wessex, Lady Louise and the brownies at the #Bigbrowniebirthday tea party-
https://vine.co/v/Mtda5j3pvQw

Louise looked like she loved that little moment. I am always astounded at how much like Edward she looks and it's nice to see she decided to grow her fringe out. She is also really tall!

The British Monarchy Facebook has some more images

Sophie and Louise playing Jenga

British Monarchy Facebook

Last edited:
Sophie looks lovely and she is dressed very casually. I like her sunglasses as well!

Sophie has a new patronage.

Ubunye Foundation

Sophie also held a tea party for the 100th birthday of Brownies in BP today and she brought Lady Louise with her. Louise is the girl next to her.

Love that picture Molly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom