Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 8: January 2014-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie has always had the ability to find new designers to suit her style and Heavenly Necklaces was a find of hers as well.I love her hats now they were a bit questionable prior but very elegant now IMO

Sophie looked lovely today and I really love those earrings. Her smile is basically what makes her look so pretty. She should just smile all the time really. Not a hard thing to do!

Nice to see Edward's visit was covered.

Sophie wasn't wear her wedding rings. That may be the first time I have noticed that. Love the image of her with the baby in the cot.

It's mandatory to remove jewellery from hands when visiting a hospital and use antibacterial soap or something to hands. She is meeting very ill children, so they cannot risk their lives. That's only why she isn't wearing jewellery.

It's mandatory to remove jewellery from hands when visiting a hospital and use antibacterial soap or something to hands. She is meeting very ill children, so they cannot risk their lives. That's only why she isn't wearing jewellery.

That is true but I am sure she has worn her jewellery before. My midwife colleagues wear a plain wedding band to work as that is allowed.

She did wear in hospitals, but at some point she removed it always. She was meeting children waiting for transplants or after transplants, so I am sure she was briefed before, and just didn't take anything with her. BTW recently she only wore her diamond band, without wedding band.

OKAY...THAT'S IT!!! I am beyond frustrated here and ticked off!!!!!

For the last few weeks, whenever I try to access certain sites like Anna's site on Sophie or The Express, I get a blank page over top of it after about a few seconds w/Twitter Widget Help at the top of the page and it will *not* go away!! If I hit the back button, the blasted thing just refreshes itself instead of taking me back to the site I want to look at.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how do I get rid of it? I would very much like to access Anna's excellent site again w/out having to reload and attempt speed reading the contents before that (insert favourite swear word here) widget thing kicks in.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

HRH Countess of Wessex: Countess visits Leeds Children’s Hospital for the 3rd time!
Finally post is up. Very happy Sophie supported Twitter campaign.

Thank you for sharing this Anna. I love seeing Sophie with children. She has a way with them.

Love all the pictures in this post. Loved the one of the baby in the cot.:wub:
I do not see a Countess there- I see a Mummy.:wub:

You're correct; I don't see a Countess either. More than likely, she was remembering her own experience of seeing her daughter in a crib like that when she was little.

Love all the pictures in this post. Loved the one of the baby in the cot.:wub:
I do not see a Countess there- I see a Mummy.:wub:

I was just about to post the same thing! :flowers: The photo of Sophie gazing down at the baby in the cot was my favourite too. Judging by her facial expression, I can imagine that the little one reminded her of Louise and James when they were babies. Sophie is a natural with children.

PS = I'm joining the chorus of those who have thanked Anna for her hard work and blog. I'm always impressed at how fast you ID Sophie's clothes and jewellery.

OKAY...THAT'S IT!!! I am beyond frustrated here and ticked off!!!!!

For the last few weeks, whenever I try to access certain sites like Anna's site on Sophie or The Express, I get a blank page over top of it after about a few seconds w/Twitter Widget Help at the top of the page and it will *not* go away!! If I hit the back button, the blasted thing just refreshes itself instead of taking me back to the site I want to look at.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how do I get rid of it? I would very much like to access Anna's excellent site again w/out having to reload and attempt speed reading the contents before that (insert favourite swear word here) widget thing kicks in.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Looks like your computer has been spammed. There are certain ways to clean it, block ads and so on, ask someone who knows that stuff, I won't be able to help. I would need to see your computer in order to do so.

Thanks for the image Anna! Love that umbrella.

Edward and Sophie don't appear to have any engagements for a while so I'm sensing a holiday with the kids as private schools are finished now. I'm guessing they are going to go on holiday as they will be busy with the Commonwealth Games at the end of the month.

Games start already at 23rd. I wonder why we don't have released any info on which days they will attend. Apart from 23rd for both of them, and closing on 3rd with Edward.

Earl of Wessex in France on 12th July - source Court Circular

The Earl of Wessex this morning departed Farnborough Airport, Hampshire, for France and was received upon arrival at Carpiquet Airport, Caen, Normandy, by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the French Republic (His Excellency Sir Peter Ricketts).

His Royal Highness later attended a Reception for the mayors of the local communes at the Mairie, Esquay-Notre-Dame.

The Earl of Wessex, Royal Honorary Colonel, The Royal Wessex Yeomanry, subsequently took the salute at the march past by the 43rd Wessex Division's Veterans at Hill 112, Caen, and this afternoon attended the Seventieth Anniversary Service to commemorate those who fell in the Battle for Hill 112 and laid a wreath.

His Royal Highness, Royal Honorary Colonel, The Royal Wessex Yeomanry, afterwards attended a Reception at the Salle des Fêtes, Esquay-Notre-Dame

Still looking for pictures.

For those interested in the event there was also a commemoration of the events in England. Article and pictures

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/...egiment-hold/story-21459539-detail/story.html

Last edited:
According to The Globe & Mail, Earl & Countess will visit Canada between 12-19 September, on behalf of DofE Award Scheme. It will include solo visits to Northern Ontario by Sophie, and Saskatchewan by Edward. It will be 36th visit of Earl's, and Sophie's 12.
I have updated my London post with pics, and few pics from Scene & Heard here:
http://edition.pagesuite-profession...=e8ef3d0a-c16c-4f15-a0da-5161ae6450c7&pnum=28

Last edited:
I clicked on the link Anna, but am not seeing anything about Scene and Heard? I assume I won't be charged for looking at the link?
Lovely updated post BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom