Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 8: January 2014-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AN absolutely lovely family photo, and such a surprise that one was released! Fantastic.

Reminds me – a bit – of that formal outside one, possibly taken by Snowdon, of Charles, Diana and boys, (and horse, too, i think) where everyone in some way was touching the next person; an obviously staged photo, whereas this one, still with everyone touching the next person, totally natural. Just great.

Really great photos from the last 2 days she looks great and he had a wonderful birthday

They will always compare anyone to Catherine, but at least Sophie was silly and took off her high heels and wore sensible and appropriate footwear.

They will always compare anyone to Catherine, but at least Sophie was silly and took off her high heels and wore sensible and appropriate footwear.

When Catherine played along with the GB Hockey Team at the Olympics (which is the comparison) she wore trainers and sports wear.

I expect you are thinking of the time she unexpectedly (that is in not planned) hit a couple of balls around at her old junior school St Andrews.

2 very different occasions.

When Catherine played along with the GB Hockey Team at the Olympics (which is the comparison) she wore trainers and sports wear.

I expect you are thinking of the time she unexpectedly (that is in not planned) hit a couple of balls around at her old junior school St Andrews.

2 very different occasions.

My bad, sorry. I forgot Kate had gone twice. :)

My bad, sorry. I forgot Kate had gone twice. :)

no problem :flowers: hard to keep up.

Sophie is definitely moving towards centre stage - have seen a real shift in the last 6 months

I think the problem is that the press can't report on Kate doing anything because she isn't so they did a rare story on Sophie because they could include Kate in the story.

I don't see the Wessex's moving to centre stage - particularly as they have moved further from the throne since George was born. Edward started life as 3rd in line and is now down to 8th and will only drop further and further as William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie have their families.

no problem :flowers: hard to keep up.

Sophie is definitely moving towards centre stage - have seen a real shift in the last 6 months
The BRF seems to be in transition mode even though William is the only one who has been officially labeled as such.

Here's an article from The Daily Mail with more photos of Louise and James horse riding:

Prince Edward, the Countess of Wessex and their children enjoyed a Royal family day out in the sunshine as they rode horses around the Queen's Windsor home.

The prince's 10-year-old daughter Lady Louise looked every inch the confident horsewoman as she went without a saddle to ride bareback around the grounds of Windsor Castle.

Her younger brother James, six, was led around by a stablehand as Edward, sporting pair of brown riding boots, walked alongside another horse and proud mother Sophie watched on.

Prince Edward and Countess of Wessex watch their children on horseback | Mail Online

How moving to see the Countess so emotion after such a traumatic birth.

I'm sure the visit to Frimley Park Hospital was a very emotional one, it must've bought back a lot of memories for Sophie. The photo of her and the little newborn is lovely.

I don't see a Countess here- I simply see a loving mother.
Wonderful.
As always, great with children, and looks divine too.

Again, you said what I was thinking. The pictures are very touching.

Osborne House ‏@EHOsborneHouse 12h
We’re delighted that the Earl & Countess of Wessex will visit Osborne on Friday 28 March to officially open ‘Childhood at Osborne' #IOW

Again, you said what I was thinking. The pictures are very touching.

Osborne House ‏@EHOsborneHouse 12h
We’re delighted that the Earl & Countess of Wessex will visit Osborne on Friday 28 March to officially open ‘Childhood at Osborne' #IOW

I tend to be able to do that.;):D:lol:
Boy, could my mom and Sophie have a conversation- both NICU moms.;)
Looking forward to the joint engagement. The Earl and Countess with children is always a treat. :D

I tend to be able to do that.;):D:lol:
Boy, could my mom and Sophie have a conversation- both NICU moms.;)
Looking forward to the joint engagement. The Earl and Countess with children is always a treat. :D

I'm not sure there will be children at the joint engagement.

Osborne House was Queen Victoria's home on the Isle of Wight. This seems to be an exhibition about her children at Osborne that is being put on there that the Earl and Countess will be opening.

She is wonderful I enjoy seeing all the photos of her hard at work so thanks to all of you

I think it's lovely that Sophie hugged the head of Midwifery Adrienne who was a big part of Louise's birth. I believe she was called in to the unit as soon as they received the call from Ambulance control about Sophie's imminent arrival as the Heads of Midwifery tend to do 9-5, Mon-Fri. I work in Guildford, Surrey as a midwife and one of my colleagues used to work at Frimley and was on shift the night Sophie was brought it. She said it was a very serious situation and they believed they would not save her uterus or her life due to her blood loss. They did an amazing job in saving her. Marcus Setchell arrived after Sophie got there and after they had began her C-section, but it was the Frimley obstetricians and anaesthetists who essentially saved her life.

A gallery of Sophie opening the new Heart Centre at Ipswich Hospital today, 19th March 2014

Heart Centre Opening

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom