Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 10: November 2018 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: And it couldn't have come at the worst of times! I'm sure it will be fixed though, but might be tricky as I think Bagshot is Grade II listed?

It'll probably get sorted more quickly than usual. Lots of roadworks are going on here - it's far easier to get them done whilst there's so little traffic. But it's a load of hassle. The poor postman!

The Countess of Wessex spent the morning volunteering for ‘Nourish our Nurses’ on Tuesday 12th May to mark International Nurses Day. The Countess joined the small team of 16 volunteers to pack 200 bags of nourishment and helped deliver to NHS Nurses at St Peter’s Hospital

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=e4aa661588df0f13c325f8d1550da074&oe=5EDF92D1
https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=5448fa2346988ed55105ddf8227fab19&oe=5EE052D8
https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=b146b314719c0515fb9b40d623dedf35&oe=5EE225B6

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...s-fresh-food-hardworking-nurses-midwives.html

Last edited:
I thought it was lovely to see Kate and Sophie together in a zoom call to those Australian nurses. They seem to have a nice friendship.

Court Circular 11th May:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex this afternoon opened the Nightingale Hospital Wing of Jersey General Hospital via video link.

Court Circular 11th May:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge and The Countess of Wessex this afternoon held conference calls with nurses from around the Commonwealth in advance of International Nurses Day on 12th May.

The Duchess of Cambridge and The Countess of Wessex, Global Ambassador, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, talked to nurses from L.V. Prasad Eye Institute and Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India.

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards talked to nurses from Gidgee Healing, Queensland, Australia.

The Duchess of Cambridge and The Countess of Wessex later talked to nurses from Phalombe District Hospital, Malawi.

The Duchess of Cambridge and The Countess of Wessex, Colonel-in-Chief, Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps, subsequently talked to nurses from the Corps in Cyprus.

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards talked to nurses from Aberdeen Women's Centre, Freetown, Sierra Leone.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Evelina London Children's Hospital, and The Countess of Wessex later talked to nurses from the Hospital in London.

Their Royal Highnesses subsequently talked to nurses from Sandilands Rehabilitation Centre, Nassau, the Bahamas.

Court Circular 12th May:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this morning held a Meeting with Ms. Caroline Glen (Director of Fundraising) via video link.

The Countess of Wessex this afternoon held a Meeting with Dr. Denis Mukwege (Founder, Panzi Hospital) via telephone.

Court Circular 13th May:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Patron, International Real Tennis Professionals Association Limited, this morning held a Meeting with Mrs. Susie Falkner (Chief Executive) via video link.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Trustees, The Prince Philip Trust Fund for the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, this afternoon participated in a video conference with the Trustees.

Court Circular 14th May:
St James’s Palace

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa Research Association, this afternoon held a Meeting with Mr James Irvine (Chairman of the Trustees) via video link.

Last edited:
Sophie. has just been so busy during the lockdown and it has been wonderful to see all the selflessness and support that is the tradition with the Royal Family she has been marvellous

Edward and Sophie gave an interview for the Royal Windsor Horse Show yesterday. They’re so funny together.

Edward and Sophie gave an interview for the Royal Windsor Horse Show yesterday. They’re so funny together.

Lovely interview - possibly the most relaxed in an interview I have ever seen Edward. He slipped and called the Duke of Edinburgh "my father", released the slip and didn't continue the story - would actually love to know why he loved watching the DOE carriage driving.

Subtle reminder that Louise would have been writing her GCSE at the moment. Didn't know she is currently Junior Champion.

Edward laugh at the end was rather odd.:lol:
Watched a bit of pony club myself and it was very funny.

I agree a really lovely interview they are both so comfortable with each other I love it ... and yes the mention. of the family was actually very sweet .. I enjoyed it

I’m also loving Sophie’s “lockdown hair”. She is definitely the talker in the relationship and Edward just lets her do it. Such a lovely interview. I wish all the royal family did this more.

Perhaps it's no bad thing that Louise and her family are isolating; since even without Coronavirus it seems that she'd have been too busy with her studies to focus a lot on carriage riding. I hope she does well in her exams, this must be an even more stressful time to be doing them.

Unfortunately the GCSE were cancelled - she never got to write them. She will be passed to the next grade on aggregate marks.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the GCSE were cancelled - she never got to write them. She will be passed to the next grade on aggregate marks.

Yep; though IIRC many students still studied for them in the first half of lockdown when things were still uncertain.

The Countess recorded a reading from the Gospel of St Luke to mark Ascension Thursday which played earlier today from the Lady Chapel at Westminster Abbey.

Court Circular 19th May:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this morning participated in a Development Group Meeting via video conference.

Court Circular 20th May:
St James’s Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Royal Honorary Colonel, Royal Wessex Yeomanry, this morning held a Meeting via telephone with Lieutenant Colonel Ruthven Burdon-Cooper upon relinquishing his appointment as Commanding Officer and Lieutenant Colonel Charles Speers upon assuming the appointment.

It is a good message - especially now and for now .

As always, very impressed with Sophie and Edward's work - they're doing so many amazing things and are able to be so low-key about it. They're not only an amazing asset for the royal family, but also good people.

It's brilliant to see Sophie at the mosque especially as it's Eid today. I'm pretty sure the Shah Jahan is the oldest mosque in the UK? I think Queen Victoria's "Munshi" Abdul Karim was a regular worshipper there when it was first built.

Here's a video of the Earl and Countess from their volunteering at a Mosque in Woking.

Edward for Volunteer Week.

Court Circular 29th May:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, this morning participated in a Meeting with the Trustees via video link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom