Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 10: November 2018 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court Circular 16th April:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon chaired a Development Group Meeting via a conference call.

The Countess of Wessex this afternoon participated in an International Video Conference with women's rights and peace practitioners of the Women's Alliance for Security Leadership.

Court Circular 20th April:
St. James's Palace

The Countess of Wessex, Chairman, Women in Business Committee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this afternoon held a Meeting via video link.

Court Circular 21st April:
St. James's Palace

The Countess of Wessex, Royal Patron, Thames Valley Air Ambulance, this afternoon held a Meeting via video link.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

Here's a video and a photo of the video meeting with the Thames Valley Air Ambulance yesterday:

** Pic ** Video **

Earl of Wessex opens Nightingale Hospital in Bristol with Virtual Ceremony today

I must admit that Edward really doesn't look well.

You know the media reports that report on the items behind the royals during their zoom calls - I would really like to see the report about this Zoom call.

Edward did appear to have rather dark marks under his eyes but it does seem to be a problem with the screen lighting too. It seems he appears to be fine - or at least, I hope so!

Thank you - However the Daily Mail has failed miserably in providing any information at all . Tabloids are really loosing their touch.

Court Circular 27th April:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Master, the Worshipful Company of Fuellers, this morning chaired an Election Court via video conference.

Court Circular 28th April:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning held a Meeting with Mr. John May (Secretary General), Mr. Benjamin Morris (Director of Finance) and Ms. Katy Crinnion (Senior Events Manager) via video link.

Court Circular 29th April:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, this afternoon participated in a video conference with the Trustees.

Court Circular 30th April:
St James’s Palace

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Scar Free Foundation, this afternoon held a Meeting with Mr Brendan Eley (Chief Executive) and Mr Simon Bradley (Treasurer) via video link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edward did appear to have rather dark marks under his eyes but it does seem to be a problem with the screen lighting too. It seems he appears to be fine - or at least, I hope so!

I agree, I look shocking zoom lol.

Good to see the Daily Mail has picked up on Sophie and Edward's work with the NHS.

Dare I say it, they do seem to be getting more attention since Megxit, which I am pleased to see they are finally being recognized more in the press.

:previous: Honestly think has more to do with covid then it does the Sussexes. Last I looked it was not only Meghan who left the family either (Megxit :bang:)

There is not a lot of news right now. So any royal out there doing some work for the public is going to get some spotlight right now. The Yorks certainly have when they usually only get press when there is a vacation spin to it. Or wedding spin.

Edward does look a bit pale but likely just lighting. Nice to see him and Sophie with their work.

yep - slow news days. They are spinning old new like crazy . I even read an article about why Sophie can never be Queen - so informative :)

I never realized until now how much Edward looks like his grandfather, George VI

I never realized until now how much Edward looks like his grandfather, George VI

Its odd when you think about it - that William's generation have had some time with their grandparents - indeed some of them on both sides of the family. Edward was born after both grandfathers had passed. The Duke of Edinburgh's mom passed in 1969 when he was three. So it really was just the Queen Mother holding the fort.

Its odd when you think about it - that William's generation have had some time with their grandparents - indeed some of them on both sides of the family. Edward was born after both grandfathers had passed. The Duke of Edinburgh's mom passed in 1969 when he was three. So it really was just the Queen Mother holding the fort.

That’s true....and quite a loss for all of HM’s children. Her family is long-lived, but her father died so young...

I agree, I look shocking zoom lol.

Good to see the Daily Mail has picked up on Sophie and Edward's work with the NHS.

Dare I say it, they do seem to be getting more attention since Megxit, which I am pleased to see they are finally being recognized more in the press.

I had a zoom meeting today and forgot to put a sticker over my camcorder when I was eating my breakfast! At least Edward wasn't in that boat :lol:

I had a zoom meeting today and forgot to put a sticker over my camcorder when I was eating my breakfast! At least Edward wasn't in that boat :lol:
Or Will Reeve, who did a bit for a morning show in the US NOT wearing pants. He looked tv-reporter ready from the waist up, but didn't realize that the camera caught his boxers... oops!:lol::lol:???:lol:

:previous: Honestly think has more to do with covid then it does the Sussexes. Last I looked it was not only Meghan who left the family either (Megxit :bang:)

There is not a lot of news right now. So any royal out there doing some work for the public is going to get some spotlight right now. The Yorks certainly have when they usually only get press when there is a vacation spin to it. Or wedding spin.

Edward does look a bit pale but likely just lighting. Nice to see him and Sophie with their work.

Yeah you could be right, it just seems a bit of coincidence that there were all these articles (yes I know take with a pinch of salt) earlier in the year with rumors that Edward / Sophie will have a higher profile with the Sussexs gone. We will have to see what happens following Covid (whenever that will be)

Whatever the reason, at least her work is being highlighted more publicly.

Sophie's been doing a lot of work, insofar as anyone can during lockdown - she's been helping to deliver free meals, and writing a letter for the Women's Institute magazine, and she's going to be opening (by video link) the new Nightingale Hospital near Sunderland next week.

I just wish Edward was with her. If only for a pic or two. Yes - i know that is not what volunteering is about.
I really would like Sophie to have more recognition for her work. But I don't think she is trying to take anyone place - I really think that is just the tabloids been the tabloids. There is work to be done and everyone can chip in.

Sophie's been doing a lot of work, insofar as anyone can during lockdown - she's been helping to deliver free meals, and writing a letter for the Women's Institute magazine, and she's going to be opening (by video link) the new Nightingale Hospital near Sunderland next week.

This is why I regard her as among the most hardworking in the British Royal Family. Even before the lockdown, she's been doing a lot of work. I hope she keeps it up while keeping safe at the same time especially now that we're in the middle of a pandemic.

I also like how Sophie is doing it for the NHS, it is clear how much Sophie still appreciates the NHS and is grateful for their incredible treatment / support of her and Louise even after all these years. Ditto re her support of of the air ambulance service.

In fairness to the Daily Mail online, that story on her working in the NHS kitchen was a top page and had over 2000 comments of mostly positive comments.

Tabloids are also a negative thing though, Sophie experienced the brutal side of the tabloids early on in her marriage so maybe she prefers flying under the radar.

HRH The Countess opens and sends a video message to the NHS Nightingale Hospital North East in Sunderland to mark the opening.

Court Circular 6th May:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex this afternoon spoke to veterans supported by the Royal British Legion via video link.

The Countess of Wessex this afternoon spoke to veterans supported by the Royal British Legion via video link and telephone.

Earl & Countess of Wessex have held video-calls with World War II veterans to mark VE Day.

Prince Edward spoke to 96-year-old Ada Chell who joined the Auxiliary Territorial Service in 1941.

The Countess of Wessex meanwhile chatted with Louis Goodwin who joined the RAF aged 18.

"Our Patron, HRH The Countess of Wessex, has sent our blind veterans, staff and volunteers a message today as they celebrate #VEDay at our Brighton Centre and virtually across the country"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXgVIBwWkAMjOyI?format=jpg&name=medium

Last edited:
It felt weird not attending VE day events today - so I watched a lot of these videos. Brought it to mind that this generation of heroes are now leaving us - and very soon will be gone.

I have read too many people compare their Corona experience of not having French Cheese to war time rationing. WFH is not leaving your home and family to join the Land Army. It puts things into perspective.

It felt weird not attending VE day events today - so I watched a lot of these videos. Brought it to mind that this generation of heroes are now leaving us - and very soon will be gone.

Wasn't it wonderful to see the Countess talking to Louis Goodwin by videocall,sharing his memories of VE day.

Not good news for Edward and Sophie as a sinkhole opens up on their estate. Unsure how the law works here but I presume a geologist and surveyor to see if there is a possibility of it spreading. I remember living on a housing estate when a sink hole in a nearby street caused the whole area to be evacuted and abandoned. It was made into a park , good thing too as it regularly gets sink holes now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ostie-trapped-huge-sinkhole-Royal-estate.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom