The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Courtier

Well, December are 31 days so she might in fact deliver at the end of the month.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

well, bp told us, she expects a baby in december, so it might be 4 months, and some newspapers just thought of the common 3 months. but let's wait a little bit :)

Old 07-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Usually when they announce december it is half november
Old 07-06-2007, 02:45 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think that is true with the british royals, because then lady louise would not have been a month early.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Courtier

Wonderful news.
Congratulations!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I saw the announcement in our People magazine. I was really surprised! Maybe it happened because we, the members of the Royal Forums, quit harping on Sophie getting pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Surely if they did have IVF, they ensure nowadays that only one is implanted.
I think they still try to implant several, to increase the odds that one will attach.

I saw the announcement in our People magazine. I was really surprised! Maybe it happened because we, the members of the Royal Forums, quit harping on Sophie getting pregnant?
Old 07-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
Maybe it happened because we, the members of the Royal Forums, quit harping on Sophie getting pregnant?
Quite possibly, ha ha.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
I think they still try to implant several, to increase the odds that one will attach.
Yes they implant 2 or 3 as each embryo only has an 18% success rate of implantation.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Gentry

According to the Daily Mail, they used IVF, but gave up and eventually conceived this one naturally. There's probably little likelihood of twins.

How Sophie's become the Queen's favourite | the Daily Mail
Old 07-19-2007, 12:05 PM

Congradulations to them....I was so pleased when I read it on another website!
Old 11-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Courtier

Baby Watch 2007

Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone else was now going online more often, switched their station from CNN to SKY. Who else will be reading headlines every morning in the anticipation?

My mom was a maternity nurse and has offered this advice. Whether Sophie is due beginning December or end December now makes no difference. She is now pass 37 weeks pregnant at which point labour is possible at anytime. A women pass 35 years old will normally not go further than 38 weeks.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Gentry

I have been checking every day since Nov. 22
Old 11-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Aristocracy

I cannot wait to hear. I check the news sites a bit more frequently at work.
I think it's a boy
Old 11-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Aty my office, I don't get Internet so every morning when I get up and every evening I switch my computer on my computer at home with a lot of hope ! I am not even disappointed when there is nothing because, considering her history, one day passed is one day gained for the baby (sorry for my English)
Old 11-29-2007, 10:11 PM

I keep checking every time I log into the computer. I've been expecting it for the last couple of weeks. We're going out of town this weekend, so I can pretty much guarantee the Countess will go into labour while I'm away from the computer. I do so love the baby watches (and am definitely hoping for a much calmer birth this go around!)

Jennifer
Old 11-30-2007, 01:45 AM
Courtier

I think we all are. Yes the time has diffinitely come for the prayers, rabbit feet, knocking on wood, lighting of candles for a safe delivery for Sophie and the baby.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Interesting article on the Queen's relationship with Sophie,I'm glad everything has worked out and was thrilled to read that the Queen really dotes on Lady Louise.It seems Sophie has found the right balance using her knowledge in PR to help her charaties and has a significant role in the royal family without being to flashy.
I was also interested to read that it's Wdwrd that the Queen sees filling the role of Prince Phillip.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Aristocracy

Perhaps a Christmas baby is in the cards, if memory serves, Princess Alexandra is a Christmas Day baby
Old 12-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
I cannot wait to hear. I check the news sites a bit more frequently at work.
Which news sites are the best to check out? Which ones are likely to be first with any baby-news?
I'm also excited and log on to this forum every day. One half of me hopes the baby will be born every time I log in, but the other half is relieved that it hasn't happened, the longer time the baby stays in there the better. I wouldn't want Edward and Sophie to go through all the worries of having another premature baby. They had enough of that with Louise. I hope everything turns out well for all of them.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Aristocracy

Baby December

I'am so glad that the countess did her whole nine months with the new baby and Edward will be able to see his second child born.

Tags
countess of wessex, pregnancy, sophie, viscount severn