Christening of Viscount Severn at Windsor: April 19, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't really like the new christening gown. I hope they didn't make it for bigger babies, because I think it's cuter when the babies are like a month old and christened, like Charles and William.

Kezza said:
I've noticed Prince Edward wears some cute looking ties, such as the teddy bear one in the christening photo's and the tie with the dogs on it as well. That I have seen him wear in some photos. :)
yea like the blue one on the wedding day^^, i think

Last edited:
A reminder that directly attached and copyrighted images will be deleted unless the member has the written permission of the copyright owner to reproduce them.
See the Member FAQ regarding picture posting.

yea like the blue one on the wedding day^^, i think
Yes from the wedding day. I've noticed in some pictures he has worn it since the wedding.

Also noticed on the copy of the NZ woman's weekly the christening photo is on the front page of the magazine. It also has a small article to go with it, and says who was there at the christening. It included Lady louise as being there.

Where can I see photos on-line? I didn't see any at the link to Hello.

a little question, no photos of james's presentation?, like louise's when the photos was taken for andrew?

Bit of a shame really, but I think they did it with Louise because her birth was quite traumatic, they wanted to show she was a healthy little baby.

I do also think it's a shame we never saw a group photo of his christening, although the image they did release was lovely, James looked very chubby!

And this is exactly the way they want it. I doubt will see many pictures at all of these children growing up simply because their parents are determined to allow them to have a normal life and not one in a gold-fish bowl.

By the time they are adults they will probably only be the neice and nephew of the monarch with an uncle on the throne who doesn't appear to have a lot of time for their father anyway.

Their parents are avoiding future problems for these kids by giving the sort of private upbringing that Lord Linley and Lady Sarah have been able to give their kids - and Edward is closer in age to these cousins than he is to his older brother and so probably sees their example as the way to go - privacy and anonymity.

I think we should respect the decision of the parents and accept that these children won't be thrust in our faces and shown off at every opportunity but allowed to grow up into the low-key private citizens they will inevitably be.

Wait what presentation? Sorry I'm not following for some reason. Are we talking about the photoshoot they did? The one that the Queen was also present for.

Wait what presentation? Sorry I'm not following for some reason. Are we talking about the photoshoot they did? The one that the Queen was also present for.

When was the Queen present? :ermm:

I only remember one picture of Louise being released, and one of James as his christening.

When was the Queen present? :ermm:

I only remember one picture of Louise being released, and one of James as his christening.

oh yes, louise's presentation was 7 photos taken for andrew. no james'spresentation any photo. only whenhe birth inhospital's door and christening

Andrew - as in Prince Andrew - took the photos for the family album. He does this quite often actually.

Back
Top Bottom