The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Mmmm?
Here you go a teddy bears tie

http://celebritybabies.typepad.com/p...ssex_james.jpg

Old 05-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Nobility

I don't really like the new christening gown. I hope they didn't make it for bigger babies, because I think it's cuter when the babies are like a month old and christened, like Charles and William.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza
I've noticed Prince Edward wears some cute looking ties, such as the teddy bear one in the christening photo's and the tie with the dogs on it as well. That I have seen him wear in some photos. :)
yea like the blue one on the wedding day^^, i think
Old 05-05-2008, 06:19 AM
Administrator

A reminder that directly attached and copyrighted images will be deleted unless the member has the written permission of the copyright owner to reproduce them.
See the Member FAQ regarding picture posting.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney00 View Post
yea like the blue one on the wedding day^^, i think
Yes from the wedding day. I've noticed in some pictures he has worn it since the wedding.

Also noticed on the copy of the NZ woman's weekly the christening photo is on the front page of the magazine. It also has a small article to go with it, and says who was there at the christening. It included Lady louise as being there.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Aristocracy

Where can I see photos on-line? I didn't see any at the link to Hello.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Have you tried a Google image search under 'Viscount Severn'?
It works, here's one: Google Image Result for http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04_03/wessexbabyCP2004_468x685.jpg
Old 03-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

a little question, no photos of james's presentation?, like louise's when the photos was taken for andrew?
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
a little question, no photos of james's presentation?, like louise's when the photos was taken for andrew?
no, only the official one from the christening.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Bit of a shame really, but I think they did it with Louise because her birth was quite traumatic, they wanted to show she was a healthy little baby.

I do also think it's a shame we never saw a group photo of his christening, although the image they did release was lovely, James looked very chubby!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney00 View Post
no, only the official one from the christening.
ho so thanks, so sad no anofficial photo of the wessex family yet.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Majesty

And this is exactly the way they want it. I doubt will see many pictures at all of these children growing up simply because their parents are determined to allow them to have a normal life and not one in a gold-fish bowl.

By the time they are adults they will probably only be the neice and nephew of the monarch with an uncle on the throne who doesn't appear to have a lot of time for their father anyway.

Their parents are avoiding future problems for these kids by giving the sort of private upbringing that Lord Linley and Lady Sarah have been able to give their kids - and Edward is closer in age to these cousins than he is to his older brother and so probably sees their example as the way to go - privacy and anonymity.

I think we should respect the decision of the parents and accept that these children won't be thrust in our faces and shown off at every opportunity but allowed to grow up into the low-key private citizens they will inevitably be.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Wait what presentation? Sorry I'm not following for some reason. Are we talking about the photoshoot they did? The one that the Queen was also present for.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Wait what presentation? Sorry I'm not following for some reason. Are we talking about the photoshoot they did? The one that the Queen was also present for.
When was the Queen present?

I only remember one picture of Louise being released, and one of James as his christening.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

I only remember one picture of Louise being released, and one of James as his christening.
oh yes, louise's presentation was 7 photos taken for andrew. no james'spresentation any photo. only whenhe birth inhospital's door and christening
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-07-2012, 01:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

This one
http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/sit...1ea1c%20v2.jpg
Old 03-07-2012, 02:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon

oh yes, louise's presentation was 7 photos taken for andrew.
For Andrew? Which Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
And ah the picture I saw is the exact same, but The Queen isn't in the shot.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Majesty

Andrew - as in Prince Andrew - took the photos for the family album. He does this quite often actually.

Tags
christening, christening gown, countess of wessex, earl of wessex, james mountbatten-windsor, prince edward, sophie, viscount severn, windsor