The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I told you wait and see because Sophie will annoucement their baby's name! because she is first parents she will think name but you cant forces to takes name over like that!

Sara Boyce

Old 11-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

The official statement from Buckingham Palace (www.royal.gov.uk):

9 November 2003
HRH THE COUNTESS OF WESSEX GIVES BIRTH TO A BABY GIRL

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN
Buckingham Palace announces that a baby girl was born to TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex at 11.30pm on Saturday, 8 November at Frimley General Hospital, Surrey, by Caesarian section.

Both The Countess of Wessex and the baby are stable. The baby was subsequently moved to the regional neo-natal unit at St. George's Hospital, Tooting, south London. The Countess will remain for the time being at Frimley General Hospital.

His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex has cut short his official visit to Mauritius, and is flying home to visit his wife and daughter.

The Queen is delighted by the news of the new arrival, and is is being regularly kept informed of progress. The Queen is very pleased to hear that The Countess of Wessex and the baby are doing well.

Old 11-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by Fireweaver@Nov 9th, 2003 - 10:42 am
Remember the debate over what title the kid was going to have? Edward and Sophie wanted the kid (as was said at the time of their wedding) to have the style and title of a Earl's kid. However,if Her Majesty didn't make a royal decree/patent/letter (whatever the thing is called) the baby, as grandchild of the soverign, would be automatically entitled to the HRH and Prince/Princess title, which is obviously higher then what they'd have as an Earl's child.
Instead of Lady X, she's technically HRH Princess X.
As a "male-line grandchild" the new baby is entitled to the HRH/Princess titles. If the baby was a female-line grandchild she would not be entitled to any titles. An example of this would be the Princess Royal's children Peter and Zara. They have no Royal status or titles . They are commoners.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Courtier

Good point. I'd forgotten that detail.
Think there will be a formal change, or will the baby technically still be a HRH Princess, but have the style of an earl's daughter?
Old 11-09-2003, 12:30 PM
Courtier

Okay,Sara I think we all know that Sophie and Edward are her parents,but let´s have some fun speculating about the girl´s name.
Victoria Alexandra Mary Elizabeth would be very possible.When I think carefully I think S&E will give her daughter some traditional names.So I think it could be this suggestion.But don´t think I´m stupid I would like something new in the royal family something modern and fresh not always the "old traditional names".It would become very boring and I hope Sophie is independent and brave enough to choose anew extraordinary name for her little princess!!!
Old 11-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by Fireweaver@Nov 9th, 2003 - 11:28 am
Good point. I'd forgotten that detail.
Think there will be a formal change, or will the baby technically still be a HRH Princess, but have the style of an earl's daughter?
:flower: It all depends on the wording of any forthcoming Letters Patent. HM could deprive the new baby of ALL her Royal status, or she could allow her to have only the courtesy title of "Lady", the baby being the daughter of an Earl.
There is the possibility of her technically remaining an HRH/Princess, but having her known by the public at large as the "Lady" X . To me this seems highly unlikely. I think it would tend to cause a lot of confusion.
As I stated in a previous post, HM can do as she sees fit. HM is the "font of all honours".
Old 11-09-2003, 01:22 PM
hrhsb

Well, I believe the name will have both Elizabeth and Helen in it. Perhaps something like:

Elizabeth Helen Margaret

Helen Elizabeth Alice

Charlotte Elizabeth Helen

However, my radical suggestions would be more along the lines of:

Abigail Helen Elizabeth

Chloe Elizabeth Helen

Julia Helen Elizabeth

Amelia Elizabeth Helen

Old 11-09-2003, 01:24 PM
Serene Highness

I like your Avatar!!!! :P
Old 11-09-2003, 01:26 PM
hrhsb

I posted this before but in the wrong place. I think the name could be something like:

Elizabeth Helen Margaret

Charlotte Elizabeth Helen

However, my slightly more radical suggestions would be:

Abigail Elizabeth Helen

Chloe Helen Margaret

Amelia Elizabeth Margaret
Old 11-09-2003, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by hrhsb@Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:26 pm
Abigail Elizabeth Helen
Abigail is a beautiful suggestion.

But how about Abigail Helen Elizabeth? It rolls off the tongue a bit easier. But beautiful all around.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Why is the baby eight in line to the throne? Don´t princess Anne and her children count in the line of succession? Is it just: Charles-William-Henry-Andrew-Beatrice-Eugenie-Edward-new born baby...???
Old 11-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:46 pm
Why is the baby eight in line to the throne? Don´t princess Anne and her children count in the line of succession? Is it just: Charles-William-Henry-Andrew-Beatrice-Eugenie-Edward-new born baby...???
Women follow their brothers in the present line of succession, therefore Anne, even though she is older than her brothers, still follows them and their offspring in the line to the throne.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:05 PM
Courtier

How long did it take for the other British royals to release the names of their kids? Is it to be soon, or do we have to wait for the christening?
Old 11-09-2003, 02:10 PM
Nobility

I think the name will be announced soon...and Helen would be a wonderful choice!
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Old 11-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:50 pm

Women follow their brothers in the present line of succession, therefore Anne, even though she is older than her brothers, still follows them and their offspring in the line to the throne.
Has GB changed the succession-laws for the next generation? So that a possible first born girl of prince William could become Queen?
Old 11-09-2003, 03:16 PM
Nobility

What about Helen Elizabeth Alexandra or Elizabeth Helen Alexandra or Elizabeth Alexandra Helen, or Elizabeth Helen Mary. Something to that effect.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Very traditional names.I would like Laura.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:52 PM
Nobility

Hey, why does everybody vote for Helen? Is there some speciel reason the baby girl should be called so? Some important relative, perhaps? Helena is just one of the names I never, never liked. There are lots and lots of Helenas just of my own age and I was ever so glad, I am not one of them.
But if she will be Helen after all, I shall accept it. :P

To all Helenas: I have nothing against you as persons! :flower:
Old 11-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Nobility

Please, can anybody tell me what 4 lbs 9 oz makes in kilos? Is it something about 2 kgs?
Old 11-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Nov 9th, 2003 - 1:21 pm
Has GB changed the succession-laws for the next generation? So that a possible first born girl of prince William could become Queen?
Yes, I think a change will take effect starting with Prince William's kids. Whether he has a boy or girl first, it will be the next heir to throne. If it is a girl, she will still take precedence, even if she has younger brothers.

Tags
birth, countess of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, sophie