The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 04:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Zara@Nov 28th, 2003 - 1:28 am
Does this make Lady Louise eighth in line of succession?

Yes, Lady Louise is eighth in the line of succession after her father and before her Aunt Anne.

The following site gives the Line of Succession down to No 50.

http://www.etoile.co.uk/Rsucc.html

Old 11-28-2003, 09:40 AM
Courtier

What do you think of Edward and Sophie´s decision not to style Louise HRH and a princess?
Do you think the baby if it had been a boy had been named Louis?

Old 11-28-2003, 05:07 PM
Courtier

Actually, the name "Beatrice" was heading towards almost-extinction until Sarah and Andrew named their daughter Beatrice. Eugenie also became a more popular name. I think it's French...William and Henry became very popular names as the princes grew older.

I think more babies will be named Louise like the new Windsor baby. :flower:
Old 11-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by liv@Nov 28th, 2003 - 8:40 am
What do you think of Edward and Sophie´s decision not to style Louise HRH and a princess?
Do you think the baby if it had been a boy had been named Louis?
If they had a son, they would probably have named him Phillip for Edward's father, Christopher for Sophie's father, William for Louise's cousin and also for her scads of 'William' ancestors, and George for Edward's grandfather.

So it'd be Viscount Phillip Christopher William George Mountbatten-Windsor.
Old 11-30-2003, 01:07 PM
Courtier

I am very glad that the baby already has a name!
I like her name. Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten Windsor.

But what makes me really giggle is that when Lady Louise would already knows her full name maybe she would say that why was she given such a long name. When she would write it on her paper, it would reach the 2nd line. Same with me when I was still young, I only have 2 names yet I find it long. Not anymore now. :)
Well, that's tradition.

How many months will they wait before the baby would be baptized?? Is it three??
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 11-30-2003, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I am finding that a lot of the "old," traditional names are coming back in fashion. Sort of like fashion being cyclic, and how eventually everything comes back in style, I guess the same could be said of names! I've heard of a lot of babies being named Eloise in the past couple of months, and I hadn't heard that name other than from the kid's book until Lady Helen Taylor named her daughter that and then Prince Constantijn naming his daughter Eloise, too. And the name Maud is quite popular with some of my friends, and I had never even thought of that name until Martha Louise named her daughter that.

I guess it's sort of like the trend a few years back to give your kids last names as first names. When I was teaching, a lot of Kiefer's, Parker's, Brady's, Mackenzie's, etc.
Old 11-30-2003, 05:53 PM
Courtier

Well...the Hannover royals have freakishly long names..but not THAT long. Crazy Portuguese royals...Haha, if they forget one of their names do they just make one up?

I.e. Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor...
= "Lady Louise Mary...Elizabeth...Victoria...Caroline...wait! No Caroline...Mountbatten...Saxe-Coburg Gotha?" (You fail&#33
Old 11-30-2003, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Long names like that makes me happy that I only have one very short one.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:45 AM
Gentry

Louise is a fitting name for a Lady. I am glad to see that Elizabeth and Alice was chosen as well. I am also pleased that Mountbatten was included in the surname. Long overdue, I shall think. :flower:

Now folds the lily all its sweetness up, and slips into the bosom of the lake. -Tennyson, <u>The Princess</u>
Old 01-22-2004, 02:32 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
All pics IBL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	437167b.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	36551   Click image for larger version

Name:	436886g.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	36552   Click image for larger version

Name:	437170a.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	36553   Click image for larger version

Name:	437170g.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	36554  

Name:	437170k.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	36555   Click image for larger version

Name:	437170p.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	36556   Click image for larger version

Name:	437169b.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	36557   Click image for larger version

Name:	437167e.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	36558  

Name:	748163_01.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	36559   Click image for larger version

Name:	748163_06.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	36560  
Old 10-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Nobility

Question Godparents for Lady Louise

Does anyone know who Edward and Sophie The Earl and Countess of Wessex named for their daughter ? I never did hear. Thanks
Old 10-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Lord Ivar Mountbatten, Lady Sarah Chatto, Lady Alexandra Etherington, Francesca Schwarzenbach and Rupert Elliott

Old 03-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Someone Refresh my Memory where was her Christening when was it and who were the Godparents
Old 03-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Lady Louise was baptised in the Private Chapel of Windsor Castle on April 24, 2004.

Her godparents were Lady Sarah Chatto, Lady Alexandra Etheington, Lord Ivar Mountbatten, Rupert Elliott and Francesca Schwarzenbach.

Christening pic:
Lady Louise Christening 2004
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

oh yes, the photo from louise's presentation, was a great photo session.
another photo with the queen was one taken in balmoral in august of 2004

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Closed Thread

Tags
birth, countess of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, sophie