The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 10:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Zara@Nov 25th, 2003 - 9:47 pm
The Wessexes do look like a happy family! I'm so glad for them.

Does the baby Wessexes hair look reddish?

Now it is FOUR granddaughters vs. THREE grandsons for the Queen and Prince Phillip. Girls rule! LOL

Anxiously waiting to hear the name........ :)

peace.zara
heh!

i have 5 cousins females in my life but i have young cousin who become 6 year old last September but i have some male cousin i could bet male cousin HA!

I have cousin who have baby will born in January about my brother's birthday i hope so! and what you said about reddish like my cousin have it!

im so sure i hate wait for names come on! maybe wait for christening coming!

Sara Boyce

Old 11-26-2003, 11:10 AM
Aristocracy

26 November 2003
THE FOLLOWING ANNOUNCEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE QUEEN

The names chosen by The Earl and Countess of Wessex for their daughter are Louise, Alice, Elizabeth, Mary.

Link: http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page2765.asp

Old 11-26-2003, 11:18 AM
Majesty

The names chosen by The Earl and Countess of Wessex for their daughter are Louise, Alice, Elizabeth, Mary.

was any of you right?
Old 11-26-2003, 11:50 AM
Courtier

Well,nice names!We didnīt really expect Louise to be the first name,but The name includes Elizabeth and Mary.
I donīt like Alice.I think it doesnīt fit to the other names if you pronounce them.Louise Elizabeth Mary would have been more fluent?

HRH PRINCESS LOUISE ALICE ELIZABETH MARY OF WESSEX
Old 11-26-2003, 12:11 PM
Alexandrine

Edward and Sophie Name Their Baby

By Peter Archer, Court Correspondent, PA News

The Earl and Countess of Wessex have named their daughter Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor, Buckingham Palace announced today.

The latest edition to the Royal Family, born less than three weeks ago, will be known as Lady Louise Windsor, said a Palace spokeswoman.

Edward and Sophie, the Earl and Countess, have decided, with the Queen?s consent, not to style their daughter ?Her Royal Highness?.

Instead, she will use the title of a daughter of an earl.

Although her full surname is Mountbatten-Windsor, she will only use Windsor.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:16 PM
Courtier

But there was nothing about the title or surname in the announcement from the BP,or?

[SIZE=14]DO you like the name????
Old 11-26-2003, 12:29 PM
Aristocracy

A spokeswoman from Buckingham palace today
told the media that with the Queen's concent and permission

Countess Sophie and Prince Edward's daughter is to be known as

The Lady Louise Windsor

Royal Wessex baby finally named
26 November, 2003
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3240966.stm

I had to add "The" because the above is how Louise
is styled at the official british royal website tonight.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:36 PM
Nobility

The Lady Louise Windosr doesn't sound that bad after you say it a couple of times. It almost sounds as good as Princess Louise. Yet who knows, there are a few little princes running around Europe and there are many royal females pregnant on the continent, maybe she will one day be Princess Louise.

Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary
Old 11-26-2003, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, we certainly did not see Louise coming! I had really hoped to see something fun and diffrent in the little girl's name however, even as a middle name, like Louise Mary Elizabeth Daisy Windsor.

But, Louise it is, then!
Old 11-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Aristocracy

What do you all think of the new royal baby's name? I loved that they named her after Queen Victoria's most interesting and unconventional daughter!
Old 11-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

Louise is one of my favourite names, and I'd like a lot giving it to my daughter, if I have daughters...It's quite royal, but I must say I didn't expected it for Edward and Sophie, but for Haakon and Mette-Marit.
Old 11-26-2003, 02:36 PM
Commoner

I like the name and am over the moon that both mother and daughter are doing well.
Old 11-26-2003, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely name, especially the alliteration that goes with Lady... just rolls of the tongue... Lady Louise...

How much do you want to bet that it gets shortened down to Lou?
Old 11-26-2003, 02:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by liv@Nov 9th, 2003 - 9:02 am
[b] What do you think will be he name of the little girl?

I would like:Helena

And I guess there will be Elizabeth in her name as a tribute to the Queen
I hope that they will youse the names: lady diana Elizabeth.
Like a tribute to the queen and the last rigth prinsesse.

Old 11-26-2003, 03:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by norwegianne@Nov 26th, 2003 - 2:48 pm
Lovely name, especially the alliteration that goes with Lady... just rolls of the tongue... Lady Louise...

How much do you want to bet that it gets shortened down to Lou?
Lou isn't much royal. Personally, I don't like it at all. Louise is not a so long name, so I suppose there won't be nickname.
Old 11-26-2003, 03:47 PM
Aristocracy

The official british royal website has this evening published that Louise is known as

The Lady Louise Windsor

Dad's page : http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page476.asp

Mum's page : http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page2722.asp
Old 11-26-2003, 03:50 PM
Nobility

Hi!

The baby is named -

Lady Louise Elizabeth Alice Mary Mountbatten-Windsor!

:flower:
Old 11-26-2003, 03:55 PM
Nobility

From BBC News -

Royal Wessex baby finally named

The parents had been tight-lipped over the name

Prince Edward and his wife Sophie have chosen a name for their first-born baby girl, Buckingham Palace has announced.

The name Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor refers to several family members.

Louise was delivered by emergency Caesarean section on Saturday 8 November and has been cared for at Frimley Park Hospital, Surrey.

She had recovered enough by Sunday to return home with her parents to their home in Bagshot Park.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex have decided not to style their daughter "Her Royal Highness".

With the permission of the Queen, she will instead use the title of a daughter of an earl and be referred to as Lady Louise Windsor.

Favoured name

The choice of Mountbatten-Windsor will please the Earl's father, Prince Philip, who had the surname Mountbatten before he married into the Royal Family.

The royal couple decided on Louise as their favoured name after Edward's great-grandmother and daughter of Queen Victoria.

Alice is the name of the Earl's paternal grandmother, the Duke of Edinburgh's mother Princess Alice of Greece.

Elizabeth was chosen in memory of his maternal grandmother, the Queen Mother.

Mary is the name of the Countess's mother.

The royal baby waited 17 days to be officially named after a premature birth and a fortnight of hospital care.

It is not known whether the baby's birth and names have yet been formally registered.
Old 11-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Nobility

From Hello!

26 NOVEMBER 2003

Prince Edward and his wife Sophie have chosen a name for their baby daughter, who was born two weeks ago.

They have paid homage to a number of family members, naming the little girl Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor. She shares three names with the Princess Royal, who was baptised Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise.

The newest addition to the royal family was delivered by emergency caesarean after the Countess was rushed to hospital suffering from stomach pains on November 8. Mother and child then faced a separation after the baby was taken to a neo-natal unit in London while Sophie was kept under observation at Frimley Park.

Sophie was released one week ago, and the happy family was finally back home together after baby Louise was discharged from hospital on Sunday.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Nobility

26 NOVEMBER 2003

From Hello!

Prince Edward and his wife Sophie have chosen a name for their baby daughter, who was born two weeks ago.

They have paid homage to a number of family members, naming the little girl Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor. She shares three names with the Princess Royal, who was baptised Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise.

The newest addition to the royal family was delivered by emergency caesarean after the Countess was rushed to hospital suffering from stomach pains on November 8. Mother and child then faced a separation after the baby was taken to a neo-natal unit in London while Sophie was kept under observation at Frimley Park.

Sophie was released one week ago, and the happy family was finally back home together after baby Louise was discharged from hospital on Sunday.

Tags
birth, countess of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, sophie