The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 12:36 AM
Cherry_Jubilee_Alibi

Your animosity towards Sophie is appalling to say the least!
I like Sophie because she behaves in a normal manner. She is not some half-baked stooge. Sophie is doing her best and I applaud Sophie for staying true to her "typical country-side girl's look" (as you gallantly put it.)

Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor.
--Queen Elizabeth I of England (1533-1603)
Old 11-21-2003, 02:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
By the way, none of us has seen Sophie's daughter yet. Do any of you think that Sophie's daughter can possiblely be beautiful? If she's got Sophie look? Sophie does has a typical country-side girl's look.

I hope the baby can have windsor's look. The windsors certainly look better than the Rhys- Jones. Plus their manner, somthing that the Rhys Jones do not have in their blood.

I have read a lot of articles from this site. I think all the writers have been admires to Sophie. BUT I am not any one of you. I hope you can development some sort of expensive tasts about woman. Sophie Rhys Jones CERTAINLY is not beautiful. She is nothing! She does not have a degree nor a good family. She liked to be in the street before she married the prince. She looks like a maid to Edward. Really!

They do not have a match look.

Sophie[color=blue] [/b]
According to you, something is nothing if he doesn't have "good blood"??? My God, much of the posters on this forums are also nothing, and certainly you too! You don't know her personally, do you? Why are you juudging someone about whom you know nothing?

Old 11-21-2003, 02:44 AM
Nobility

Gee, gloria. Think you're quite harsh regarding Sophie.

I think she's an attractive and genuine lady who seems to NOT want to draw too much attention to herself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sophie2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	27874  
Old 11-21-2003, 04:30 AM
Gentry

oh it's always lovely when someone is judged merely for superficial reasons.

what insightful posts you have given us Gloria
Old 11-21-2003, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Enough already! This thread is meant to discuss the birth of the Wessex baby - not the looks of her mother and how superficial members may be.

Let's stay on track here and get back to the baby.

This is not permission, however, to go into another thread and re-hash the discussion of Sophie's looks there. While everybody has a right to share their opinions, by the same token please refrain from judging the opinions of others.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:55 AM
Courtier

Do you know when the name of the baby will be publish.I´ve thought it will be the day that Sophie leaves the hospitel,but this didn´t happen and now I think it will be the day the baby leaves the hospital.I believe this won´t be before The end of the month...
One more week to speculating about the name...keep on...
Old 11-21-2003, 07:26 PM
Nobility

Well, last week, I heard that the name would be announced in 2 weeks, so I'm guessing it might be anounced in the coming week or weekend (I hope this is the case). But we must remember that The Earl and Countess of Wessex have not been able to sit down ad really discuss the name and I'm sure The Queen would like to be involved.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Courtier

Who cares what Sophie looks like? I think she looks 'right. Moving on, are there any new developments in the naming of Baby Windsor?
Old 11-21-2003, 08:48 PM
Nobility

Well, on the "Name Sophie's Baby" board, someone posted that there was a RUMOUR that the baby's name is expected to be Elizabeth Mary Helen. This in no in comformation of this info. I expect that the name should be announced within the coming week (or at least I hope), yet who knows, these things can take a while.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:50 PM
Gentry

the name has yet to be announced. the Queen has to give permission to the name of the baby and i guess that's possibly the reason why there is a delay. i'm eagerly waiting too.. hopefully it wil be announced next week.
Old 11-22-2003, 12:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by andiemac@Nov 21st, 2003 - 8:50 pm
the name has yet to be announced. the Queen has to give permission to the name of the baby
Why does the Queen need to give consent for the name? Did she have to give consent for Princess Anne's children, too? Or no because Anne is not really in line to the throne in the manner that her brothers are? I've never heard of this requirement ...
Old 11-22-2003, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

you know that Sophie looks like as Diana i never knew it!

Sara Boyce
Old 11-22-2003, 01:55 AM
c0_c0nspirators

Oooh, I like the name Caroline. [Lady] Caroline Windsor.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:48 AM
Gentry

i can't remember where i read it exactly but i remember that it said edward would be meeting the Queen to seek approval on the name. i think it might be agreeing and adding the baby in the register of the royal family , the protocol thing...
Old 11-22-2003, 09:30 AM
Gentry

i think it might be lady victoria elizabeth mary . too many elizabeth in sophie's family according to edward. if it turns out to be lady elizabeth as a tribute to the queen, i think it's also a good name.
Old 11-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Nobility

At this point, I'm quite sure that the name Elizabeth will be in the baby's name somwhere, and probably the names of 1 or 2 more queens.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

www.thesun.co.uk

Sophie's 'wonderful girl'

By CHARLES RAE
DELIGHTED mum Sophie Wessex finally left hospital yesterday — and spoke of her “wonderful” and “beautiful” baby daughter.

The 38-year-old countess smiled broadly as she stepped from the NHS hospital, 11 days after giving birth in an emergency caesarean operation.

And The Sun can reveal that the Queen and Prince Philip paid a secret visit to their grand-daughter.

They spent an hour with “baby Wessex” and her parents at the hospital on Sunday. A royal source said: “They were desperate to see the new addition.”

Asked yesterday how her baby was doing, Prince Edward’s wife replied: “She is wonderful. She is doing very well.” Sophie said the baby, born weighing just 4lb 9oz, would leave hospital “soon”.

But asked if a name had yet been chosen for her daughter, she replied: “Not yet.”

The countess was pushed to the main entrance of Surrey’s Frimley Park Hospital in a wheelchair by Edward, 39, as patients and staff cheered and clapped.

She was then handed a bouquet by nurse Molly Sheppey, who had helped look after her.

Sophie said: “I cannot thank the staff and medical team and nurses enough for all they have done for me and our beautiful daughter who will be joining us at home to complete our family very soon. I’m thrilled to be going home.”

She then walked to a waiting car beside the grinning prince, who helped her climb inside.

Royal sources say their daughter, returned to Sophie last week from a special care unit, has put on “a decent amount” of weight.

Doctors are happy with her progress and she may go home early next week.

Sophie, who plans to visit her baby each day until she is released, was rushed to hospital after collapsing with abdominal pains at her Bagshot Park home on November 8.

It is thought she suffered the condition placenta abruptio, which can kill mother and baby in two hours.

A blunder resulted in a half-hour delay in calling an ambulance.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:43 AM
Nobility

From The Scotsman - 23 November

8:42am (UK)

Homecoming for Edward and Sophie's Baby

By Laura Elston, Deputy Court Correspondent, PA News

The Earl and Countess of Wessex’s baby daughter is to leave hospital today, Buckingham Palace said.

The proud parents are expected to collect the as-yet-unnamed newborn from Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey this morning and head home to nearby Bagshot Park.

A Palace spokeswoman said: “The hospital has said the baby can go home. Her parents are really looking forward to coming together as a family.

“That’s the priority – getting them in one place together.”

The baby girl arrived prematurely just over two weeks ago when Sophie was rushed in for an emergency Caesarean after falling ill.

The spokeswoman would not discuss whether the infant would need to return to hospital for check-ups or how her health might be monitored at home.

“That’s a matter between the Earl and Countess and the doctors,” she said.

The baby, who is the Queen’s seventh grandchild and eighth in line to the throne, was delivered around four weeks premature on November 8 weighing 4lbs 9ozs.

She was said earlier this week to be putting on weight.

Edward missed the birth while on an official visit to Mauritius, but flew home immediately to be with his wife and child.

There was an emotional reunion between mum and baby on November 14 following a six-day separation when the infant was being treated 35 miles away at the neo-natal unit of St George’s Hospital in Tooting, south London.

Sophie went home from Frimley Park last Wednesday describing her daughter as “wonderful” and saying she was doing “very well”.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:43 AM
Serene Highness

hey everybody !

I heard that the baby might be leaving the hospital today !

I don't know if it will happen 99% sure but it was on the BBC so i think that's a reliable source........

Can't wait to see the first pics
Old 11-23-2003, 06:53 AM
Serene Highness

Royal baby girl leaves hospital

The baby of Prince Edward and his wife Sophie has left hospital, a fortnight after her premature birth.
The girl, not yet named publicly, was delivered by emergency Caesarean section and has been cared for at Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey.

Sophie was rushed there by ambulance after suffering cramps at her Bagshot Park home on 8 November.

The earl and countess came back to the hospital together on Sunday to finally take their daughter home.

Edward emerged from the hospital at about 1115 GMT with his daughter in his arms and his wife by his side.

The family posed for press photographs, while patients and hospital staff looked on.

The couple declined to answer reporters' questions about what the baby would be called.

But Sophie said: "She looks like him," and pointed to her husband when asked who their daughter looked more like.

Special care

Earlier, a Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said the couple were "looking forward to coming together as a family".

Sophie was herself discharged from the Surrey hospital on Wednesday.

As she left she said the baby was "wonderful" and "doing very well".

Four weeks premature and 4lbs 9oz (2 kg) when she was born, the baby was taken initially to the neo-natal unit of St George's Hospital in Tooting, South London, for special care.

She was moved back to the Surrey hospital on 13 November.

Prince Edward missed the birth as he was on a state visit to Mauritius but flew home immediately to be with his wife and daughter when they were reunited. He described it as "quite an emotional moment".

Ambulance mix-up

Police procedures came under the spotlight after the birth when it emerged an officer had failed to send an ambulance to Sophie's Bagshot Park home.

He mistakenly believed one had already been called and his error meant the countess had to wait 30 minutes for an ambulance.

The inspector has since been moved to desk duties and Surrey Police have apologised to Sophie.

There has been speculation the baby will be called Elizabeth after her grandmother, the Queen, and her great-grandmother, the Queen Mother.

Eighth in line to the throne, she is the Queen's seventh grandchild and the only one to be born in an NHS hospital.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_39516010_wessexbbc203.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	28107  

Tags
birth, countess of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, sophie