The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 10:47 PM
Gentry

The baby could be named Isabel or Isabella, which are versions of Elizabeth and very popular nowdays.

I have a feeling no matter what the baby's first name she will have Elizabeth as a second or third name in honour of the Queen and Queen Mum. Margaret could also be a second or third name, for Princess Margaret's memory.

A name just popped into my head - Cassandra that would be nice. So Lady Cassandra Elizabeth Margaret, perhaps?

TC
Barbara

Old 11-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Courtier

:flower: Lady Elizabeth Victoria Mary was my choice...but then again Lady Elizabeth Mary Helen is a nice name too...

Old 11-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Gentry

I definitely think that "Elizabeth" will be the child's first name. As for middle names, I like Victoria Mary Alexandra Helena Sophie Louise Alice. :flower:
Old 11-19-2003, 10:55 AM
Nobility

countess sophie wessex leaves the hospital and thanks staff. she is hapy to be back home and with her daughter.

Old 11-19-2003, 11:14 AM
Nobility

when is her baby coming home?
Old 11-19-2003, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I am glad that Sophie is well enough now to go home, but it's terribly sad that her little daughter can't come home with her. But nice to see Edward at her side.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:38 PM
Courtier

The Countess looks so put together after her whole ordeal. Congratualtions on her release, she looks well, and extremely happy at being allowed to leave!
Old 11-19-2003, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

im so glad to see her get out hospital!

im kinda disappointment to see her baby get home because its so premature! maybe wait til month or years if Sophie will visit her baby after she out of hospital. i promise.

Sara Boyce
Old 11-19-2003, 03:09 PM
Gentry

I am so glad to here that the Countess is home with her husband. She looks remarkably well rested considering the expected stress with the status of her daughter.

Quote:
But I think it´s usually that the baby will stay in hospital as long as the expected birthday or almost to this, in Sophie's case, December 5th.
Liv is correct with the above. Unless the baby gains weight and shows significantly quick improvement, premature infants aren't usually released much before their expected due date in order for the hosital medical staff to insure that the lungs are developed and the infant will be able to thrive once it goes home. Premies tend to get to what would have been their normal function and weight, etc... by their second birthday. They will catch up with their "peers" as long as there are no complications.

Again, congrats to the couple and God bless Baby Wessex and Sophie!

peace. Zara :flower:
Old 11-19-2003, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Britters@Nov 19th, 2003 - 1:38 pm
The Countess looks so put together after her whole ordeal. Congratualtions on her release, she looks well, and extremely happy at being allowed to leave!
I agree, Britters. Sophie does look remarkably well and pulled together for someone who went through such an ordeal less than 2 weeks ago. And how emotional she must feel with not being able to leave with her daughter and what a brave front she is putting on.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Nobility

19 NOVEMBER 2003

From Hello!

Looking pale but with a broad smile on her face, Prince Edward's wife Sophie has finally left hospital after being admitted for an emergency Caesarean section 12 days earlier. The 38-year-old royal said she was "thrilled" to be going home.

Dressed in a beige trouser suit under a camel coat, the Countess paused to kiss a member of the nursing staff as she left the building. "I can't thank the staff and the medical team and nurses at Frimley Park enough for all they have done for me and our beautiful daughter who will be joining us at home to complete our family very soon," she said.

Sophie underwent emergency surgery after suffering cramps at her Bagshot Park home on November 8. Her daughter, who arrived four weeks prematurely, was taken to a special neo-natal unit in St George’s hospital in south London, but has since been returned to Frimley Park.

The still-unnamed baby - who will continue to be treated in hospital for the time being - is "doing very well", said the proud mum, who described the new addition to their family as "wonderful".
Old 11-19-2003, 06:07 PM
Nobility

1.Britain's Prince Edward and his wife, the Countess of Wessex leave Frimley Park Hospital, Wednesday Nov. 19, 2003, following the premature birth of their baby 12 days ago. The baby - as yet unnamed - daughter will remain in the hospital for further treatment. (AP Photo/Tim Ockenden-pa)

2-4.Sophie, Britain's Countess of Wessex, smiles as she leaves Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey following the birth of her daughter, November 19, 2003. Sophie has been in hospital since giving birth by emergency Caesarean Section on November 8, 2003. REUTERS/Hugo Philpott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	c1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	27623   Click image for larger version

Name:	c2.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	27624   Click image for larger version

Name:	c3.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	27625   Click image for larger version

Name:	c4.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	27626  

Old 11-19-2003, 06:15 PM
Nobility

Sophie leaves hospital after premature birth

LONDON (AFP) - The wife of Prince Edward, the youngest son of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, left hospital cheerfully, 11 days after giving birth to a daughter following an emergency Caesarian operation.

Sophie Rhys-Jones, Countess of Wessex, told reporters outside hospital she felt "fine" and, when asked how the baby was, replied: "She is wonderful. She is doing very well."

The baby girl, who remains under observation and has yet to be named, weighed four pounds nine ounces (2.1 kilograms) and was several weeks premature.

Sophie said the baby -- initially transferred to a special neo-natal unit in south London, then reunited with her mother at Frimley Park hospital in Surrey, south of the capital -- would follow her home "soon".
Old 11-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Gentry

New mother Sophie leaves hospital

The Countess of Wessex had been in hospital for 11 days
The Countess of Wessex has left hospital, 11 days after the premature birth of her daughter.
Sophie underwent an emergency Caesarean section at Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey after suffering cramps at her Bagshot Park home on 8 November.

The baby, who was four weeks premature and 4lbs 9oz when she was born, will stay in hospital for treatment.

Asked how the as yet unnamed baby was, Prince Edward's wife said: "She is wonderful. She is doing very well."

She added: "I can't thank staff and the medical team and nurses at Frimley Park enough for all they have done for me and our beautiful daughter who will be joining us at home to complete our family very soon. I am thrilled to be going home."

'Emotional moment'

The baby was initially taken to the neo-natal unit of St George's Hospital in Tooting, South London, for special care but was moved back to the Surrey hospital six days ago.

Prince Edward, who missed the birth as he was on a state visit to Mauritius, was with his wife and daughter when they were reunited and described it as "quite an emotional moment".

The birth caused controversy after it was revealed that a police inspector had failed to send an ambulance to Sophie's Bagshot Park home.

He mistakenly believed one had already been called and his error meant the countess had to wait 30 minutes for an ambulance after going into labour prematurely.

The inspector has since been moved to desk duties and Surrey Police have apologised to Sophie.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_39588861_sophie_long.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	27634  
Old 11-19-2003, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Polfoto 19-11-2003 - The Countess of Wessex Sophie Rhys-Jones leaves Frimley Park Hospital following her emergency caesarean.

IBL
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	275.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	27678   Click image for larger version

Name:	275a.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	27679   Click image for larger version

Name:	275b.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	27680   Click image for larger version

Name:	275c.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	27681  

Name:	290a.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	27822   Click image for larger version

Name:	290b.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	27823   Click image for larger version

Name:	290c.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	27824   Click image for larger version

Name:	290d.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	27825  

Old 11-19-2003, 09:30 PM
Nobility

Hi&#33;

She looks well, dosen&#39;t she?

:flower:
Old 11-20-2003, 04:40 AM
Aristocracy

she looks wonderful&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I am so glad for her and her husband&#33; Is it known when their little daughter can come home as well?
Old 11-20-2003, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

IBL
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	290.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	27821  
Old 11-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by syima@Nov 19th, 2003 - 6:27 pm
New mother Sophie leaves hospital

The Countess of Wessex had been in hospital for 11 days
The Countess of Wessex has left hospital, 11 days after the premature birth of her daughter.
Sophie underwent an emergency Caesarean section at Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey after suffering cramps at her Bagshot Park home on 8 November.

The baby, who was four weeks premature and 4lbs 9oz when she was born, will stay in hospital for treatment.

Asked how the as yet unnamed baby was, Prince Edward&#39;s wife said: "She is wonderful. She is doing very well."

She added: "I can&#39;t thank staff and the medical team and nurses at Frimley Park enough for all they have done for me and our beautiful daughter who will be joining us at home to complete our family very soon. I am thrilled to be going home."

&#39;Emotional moment&#39;

The baby was initially taken to the neo-natal unit of St George&#39;s Hospital in Tooting, South London, for special care but was moved back to the Surrey hospital six days ago.

Prince Edward, who missed the birth as he was on a state visit to Mauritius, was with his wife and daughter when they were reunited and described it as "quite an emotional moment".

The birth caused controversy after it was revealed that a police inspector had failed to send an ambulance to Sophie&#39;s Bagshot Park home.

He mistakenly believed one had already been called and his error meant the countess had to wait 30 minutes for an ambulance after going into labour prematurely.

The inspector has since been moved to desk duties and Surrey Police have apologised to Sophie.
By the way, none of us has seen Sophie&#39;s daughter yet. Do any of you think that Sophie&#39;s daughter can possiblely be beautiful? If she&#39;s got Sophie look? Sophie does has a typical country-side girl&#39;s look.

I hope the baby can have windsor&#39;s look. The windsors certainly look better than the Rhys- Jones. Plus their manner, somthing that the Rhys Jones do not have in their blood.

I have read a lot of articles from this site. I think all the writers have been admires to Sophie. BUT I am not any one of you. I hope you can development some sort of expensive tasts about woman. Sophie Rhys Jones CERTAINLY is not beautiful. She is nothing&#33; She does not have a degree nor a good family. She liked to be in the street before she married the prince. She looks like a maid to Edward. Really&#33;

They do not have a match look.

Sophie[COLOR=blue]
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie looks fine styles&#33; i like her dress and her hats looks famous&#33; she makes creates from designer when she got into royals no matters what she wanted it&#33; when Sophie being date Prince Edward since 1993 til her wedding day for longtime but I would admire of her styles like Princess Diana&#39;s styles&#33;

Sara Boyce

Tags
birth, countess of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, sophie