Earl and Countess of Wessex: Visit to South Africa - October 4-12, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

annaelfka

Courtier
City
Chorzów
Country
Poland
EW.jpg

The Earl of Wessex
- Trustee, and The Countess of Wessex will carry out engagements in the Republic of South Africa in support of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award International Foundation.

Exciting! Too bad they cannot have an audience with Mandela..

Exciting! Too bad they cannot have an audience with Mandela..

They're going on behalf of the DOE award, there's little point in meeting Mandela other than for the fact of meeting him which they've already done.

The Earl of Wessex is in Zambia two days before, he flies straight from Zambia to SA, for the same reason.

They met Mandela when they were in the African continent in maybe 2002. I am not exactly sure of the year, but it was 2000ish.

It's nice that Sophie is joining Edward in RSA for the trip.

Any pictures of them meeting Mandela?

Sophie looks so young, :D. Does it say what year it was, Anna?

I see Edward, where is Sophie?

Sophie doesn't appear to be with Edward this morning, though perhaps she is doing something different. Thanks for the video, Anna. Edward is quite the joker.

Ahhh separate events, I see. I wonder what it's like to have lunch with an HRH. The topic of conversations must be interesting as you are not allowed to ask them about their personal life, though I imagine Sophie isn't THAT strict.

I agree Anna - I hope we see more photos!

https://twitter.com/UKinSouthAfrica/status/387170439409053696/photo/1
https://twitter.com/UKinSouthAfrica/status/387163576739196928/photo/1
https://twitter.com/UKinSouthAfrica/status/387154967363985408/photo/1
https://twitter.com/UKinSouthAfrica/status/387152270426533888/photo/1
http://www.jacarandafm.com/post/video-pics-royalty-natalie-du-toit/

Itinerary so far:

5th October:

BUCKINGHAM PALACE: The Earl of Wessex this morning received Mrs. Judith Macgregor (British High Commissioner Designate to the Republic of South Africa) at Sandton Sun and Towers, Fifth and Maude Streets, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa.
His Royal Highness, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award International Foundation, afterwards attended a Meeting for the Trustees of The President's Award for Youth Empowerment at Sandton Sun and Towers.
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award International Foundation, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, this afternoon attended a Reception at St. Alban's College, 110 Clearwater Road, Lynwood Glen, Pretoria, for young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in The President's Award for Youth Empowerment.
His Royal Highness, on behalf of The Queen and accompanied by Her Royal Highness, later held an Investiture at the Residence of the British High Commissioner to the Republic of South Africa in Pretoria.
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award International Foundation, and The Countess of Wessex this evening attended a Reception at the Residence of the British High Commissioner to mark the Thirtieth Anniversary of The President's Award for Youth Empowerment.
The Countess of Wessex this morning arrived at Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg, and was received by Mr. Martin Reynolds (Deputy British High Commissioner to the Republic of South Africa).

6th October
The Earl of Wessex this morning visited Liliesleaf Farm Heritage Site, 7 George Avenue, Rivonia, Johannesburg, South Africa.
His Royal Highness today called upon Mr. Mogoeng Mogoeng (Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa) at Constitutional Court, Constitution Hill, Johannesburg.
The Earl of Wessex this afternoon attended a Reception at 6 De Beer Street, Braamfontein, given by the British Council to promote the United Kingdom - South Africa 2014 Year of Arts and Culture.
His Royal Highness, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award International Foundation, and Her Royal Highness later attended a Reception for The President's Award for Youth Empowerment at 54 on Bath, Rosebank, Johannesburg.
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award International Foundation, and The Countess of Wessex this evening attended a Dinner in Johannesburg for Trustees of The President's Award for Youth Empowerment.
The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Vision 2020: the Right to Sight, this afternoon attended a Luncheon at the Michaelangelo Hotel, Nelson Mandela Square, Santon, Johannesburg.

Last edited:
Haha Anna, beat ya to it! I didn't like the Paul Frank dress Sophie has one when I first saw it last year as it's VERY figure hugging.

Anna, what is the video you posted...?

Haha Anna, beat ya to it! I didn't like the Paul Frank dress Sophie has one when I first saw it last year as it's VERY figure hugging.
Anna, what is the video you posted...?
:whistling: haha, I wanted to find an angels choir singing hallelujah, as when you have a "revelation" - hard to put it from my language to english, or out of a sudden you get something you didn't expect to get (in that case Sophie's pics) :ROFLMAO:. But I couldn't find it, so I went with one of my fav songs.
Dress is Paul Smith, lately many Countess dress are very figure hugging, but I like them on her (most of her dresses). I think she has a lovely figure.

:whistling: haha, I wanted to find an angels choir singing hallelujah, as when you have a "revelation" - hard to put it from my language to english, or out of a sudden you get something you didn't expect to get (in that case Sophie's pics) :ROFLMAO:. But I couldn't find it, so I went with one of my fav songs.
Dress is Paul Smith, lately many Countess dress are very figure hugging, but I like them on her (most of her dresses). I think she has a lovely figure.

I definitely meant Paul Smith, not Frank! I am not denying Sophie has an amazing figure and it's obvious she works to achieve a good figure, but I think this dress in particular is very tight.

Thanks for the explanation surrounding the video. I understand what you meant now!

I hope we see some photos of Edward and Sophie on this tour as I always love it when they do joint engagements.

Thanks! Love it when they do joint things. New dress? It doesn't look familiar.

Yes they probably will upload many photos then. I look forward to it, and thank God for Twitter and Facebook!

Thanks for the link Anna. Lovely photos of Sophie and Edward and I hope they put up some more.

Nice to see Sophie representing the DoE award in many ways. She and Edward will definitely be deserving the titles Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom