York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that we mostly see Sarah and her daughters when they're attending some sort of charity function. .

Went back to September 2012, and you have 13 times they were pictured out, 3 were Charity events (Jodphur, Children in Crisis event, TCT), the other 10 were dinners out, parties, and holidays together.

Went back to September 2012, and you have 13 times they were pictured out, 3 were Charity events (Jodphur, Children in Crisis event, TCT), the other 10 were dinners out, parties, and holidays together.

Hmmm.. maybe Sarah has been taking some courses on how to be a cougar?

I see nothing but happiness when they are all out together.

I agree with Dman, I rhink it's really lovely seeing them out together. They have a very close relationship, and Sarah's definitely the kind of mum who has stayed very "young at heart" and relates well to her daughters' lives.

Also, it's worth noting that they have several friends in common across their 2 generations. For example the Branson family. Also, Vanessa Calthorpe, the stepmother of Isabella C and Cressida Bonas, is one of Sarah's best friends from years back. The Pearson family of Cowdray Park is another example, where Sarah is friends with the parents, and the girls with the children.

So I think it's perfectly natural that they would quite often be seen together at the same kinds of places. The upper class London social scene is a fairly small world after all, where so many people are interconnected through ties of family and friendship or just through hanging about in the same areas. But most of all, I just think it's so nice that they have this kind of close relationship. Rhey always look so happy together, so loving!

The outfit Sarah is wearing for the night out looks much better with the coat unbuttoned than it did in the morning at the funeral.

I see nothing but happiness when they are all out together.

You're a saint, Dman. You can see nothing but love and happiness and beauty in everything and everyone..Wish I were like you..

Slowly re-building her "Duchess Ferguson" Pseudo-Quasi-Royal Image...
Wait for one more disaster in the offing..
Till then this will go on..

Hmmm.. maybe Sarah has been taking some courses on how to be a cougar?

She's already one, Osipi..

Last edited:
She's already one, Osipi..

In order for Sarah to be a cougar, she'd have to date or sleep with a lot of young men. I don't believe she's ever been romantically linked with a younger man.

The only person she's been romantically linked with at all in the last ten years or so is Andrew.

Wasn't there a Count? And while Sarah may not have been linked with anyone Andrew most certainly has and he himself has admitted it. I believe these two are friends but nothing romantic Sarah I'm sure would love that but it wouldn't work. Andrew as they say is having his cake and eating it too. He can come and go when he pleases date who he likes and hang with Sarah when it suits him. I was thinking about this today why is it we never see Sarah with men?

In order for Sarah to be a cougar, she'd have to date or sleep with a lot of young men. I don't believe she's ever been romantically linked with a younger man.

The only person she's been romantically linked with at all in the last ten years or so is Andrew.

Absolutely right! Perhaps some people just can't accept the reality, especially the fact that she is Sarah, Duchess of York.

Absolutely right! Perhaps some people just can't accept the reality, especially the fact that she is Sarah, Duchess of York.

Was this directed at me, cepe? If so, what reality could I not accept?

especially the fact that she is Sarah, Duchess of York.

And is it really a "fact" which merits consideration? "Duchess of York" was allowed to be added just because she does not have a surname through her (ex) husband. It was a "courtesy" "granted" to her. Not some previlege she gained. And not some business authorisation she could tag wherever and however along with her maiden surname and sell herself to popular commercial media.
SHE IS NOT A DUCHESS and I stand by this.
I actually thought of pointing out this when in your previous post you wrote.."British achieve it by individuals like the Duchess of York..."
You cannot refer to her as Duchess of York. She is not one. There is none.

So it is not me who cant accept reality, it is Sarah herself who cant accept reality and calls herself on Twitter and all shows "Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York", as if "Barack Obama, The President of US", making a mockery of the British styles and titles.

Last edited:
Just a note - again - this isn't something peculiar to Sarah. ALL divorced wives of peers are able to use their former title as a surname and to do so for the rest of their lives.

Sarah knows that she isn't 'The Duchess' anymore but using it on Twitter and elsewhere is because the general public aren't as up on these things as we are and so they know where to go to find information about her or from her. It is a marketing strategy for someone whose only means of support is to sell herself and her name.

She isn't making a mockery of anything as she is perfectly entitled to use Sarah, Duchess of York and to also use Sarah Ferguson - and yes to use both at the same time is also perfectly legal and correct. Using 'The' is not the norm but there s nothing illegal to do so and if The Queen felt that the mother of her granddaughters shouldn't continue to use 'The' she would make her views known on this issue.

The press don't know the correct form anyway - as they continue to use 'The Duchess of York' and often with the Sarah Ferguson - so that people know who they are discussing.

It is no different to the press still using Camilla Parker-Bowles or Kate Middleton or Princess Diana - all wrong but helps the masses know who is being referred to.

Ok fine. I wont raise that issue again. Please close that topic..

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
~Shakespeare

Can we move on please?

Wasn't there a Count? And while Sarah may not have been linked with anyone Andrew most certainly has and he himself has admitted it. I believe these two are friends but nothing romantic Sarah I'm sure would love that but it wouldn't work. Andrew as they say is having his cake and eating it too. He can come and go when he pleases date who he likes and hang with Sarah when it suits him. I was thinking about this today why is it we never see Sarah with men?

The Count was Count Gaddo della Gherardesca, and that was in 1999/2000. Sarah hasn't been seriously romantically linked with anyone since then. The press has talked about Geir Frantzen, the Scandinavian with a frozen food company, but Sarah said in an interview a few years ago that he was just a friend and had a girlfriend back home.

Andrew has had girlfriends, including Angie Everheart and Amanda Staveley, but the last one was about 5 years ago, I think. He was photographed with a young model on a boat 2 or 3 years ago, but she doesn't seem to have been his girlfriend. Since then, he hasn't been linked to anyone at all.

I think Sarah doesn't have boyfriends because men aren't interested in her - at least, not the type of men she'd be interested in. They would go for younger/more attractive women.

As for Andrew, I don't think he's interested in dating. Sarah seems to accept him as he is and provides companionship (she's there for him to go out for dinner with when he wants). Andrew is 53, too...some 50-something men might be interested in starting over again with a younger woman, but I don't think Andrew is the type who is.

Last edited:
Sarah has said in the past that potential partners are scared away by all the press interest that surrounds her, and that would descend on any man she went out with. (Sorry I can't remember the exact quote or source) and that Andrew is still the "perfect man" for her (I think that quote is from the Finding Sarah book).

She has always emphasised their unity as a family in spite of the divorce. rmay uses the word "companionship" which is a good way to describe it, I think. It's an arrangement that seems to work well for them, and it's certainly given their daughters a good, stable upbringing.

comment

The early photographs look professional and they look well put together as a family. I've never thought of Sarah as pretty, but she looked quite attractive in some.

Last edited:
Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher eating at a restaurant and chatting with Princess Beatrice:
Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher eating at a restaurant and chatting with Princess Beatrice | Fan-Girl.Org

How cool is it that Beatrice & Dave got a chance to sit down and eat with Ashton & Mila.

Recent reports are saying that Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice of York is to become engaged to long term boyfriend Dave Clark after being together for over 6 years-
http://www.royalcentral.co.uk/other...ess-beatrice-to-announce-engagement-soon-7520

Last edited:
Or even... How cool is it that Mila and Ashton got to sit down and eat with HRH Princess Beatrice! ;)
There have been lots of reports at various times in the last 2 or 3 years that Beatrice and Dave are about to get engaged, but maybe this time it could be... I'm sure they will get married at some point. They obviously have a good, stable long-term relationship and they seem like a great couple!

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 9m
This week's Hello!: Beatrice, Dave Clark, Eugenie & Fergie at the Branson wedding party (which Prince Harry attended) pic.twitter.com/wlQ6tCMCdV

I Just read on twitter Via @RoyalCentral: @RoyalCentral: Whispers of Princess Beatrice planning to marry Dave Clark is widely reported now - still nothing confirmed. #PrincessBeatrice

Posted 2:08

Been widely reported for 4 years. Nothing new.

It's a very beautiful picture of the three York ladies.

It's a very beautiful picture of the three York ladies.

I agree, I think it's an absolutely gorgeous picture, I love it! One of the nicest ones I've ever seen of all 3 of them together. Thanks so much for posting that, Corazon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom