York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, wonder who's picking up the tab?
It's certain Fergie isn't!

(The article seems to hint Paddy McNally is paying but doesn't actually state that).

Why is this "news"? I think that we need to relegate her to the same place as Lord Snowdon and Capt. Phillips. She is NOT royal. If she wants to go skiing, go. Just don't alert the media and if you do, they shouldn't print it. IGNORE HER.

It is news because the papers know that there are people out there who like to whinge about Sarah and so it sells.

Why is this "news"? I think that we need to relegate her to the same place as Lord Snowdon and Capt. Phillips. She is NOT royal. If she wants to go skiing, go. Just don't alert the media and if you do, they shouldn't print it. IGNORE HER.

I agree with you, they're probably hoping for scandal.

Usually when she goes skiing over the Christmas New Year period she is also joined by her ex-husband and their daughters.

British Royals‏@britishroyals
Prince Andrew and his daughters Beatrice & Eugenie have joined their mum Fergie on the slopes of Verbier over the new year.

I think it's a nice card and that they still sign it as a family.

Well, someone (female by the looks of it) certainly wrote all of their names on the card.

Well, someone (female by the looks of it) certainly wrote all of their names on the card.

Sarah has been known as a person that writes note and thank you notes to people a lot so it wouldn't surprise me if Sarah has kept up the job of sending out the family cards each year. Personally I think its great that there is such a sense of family unity even with the parents being divorced.

There's no joint thread for the girls and they're both doing an event so I thought I'd post it here. The girls will be in Berlin on Thursday, driving a Great Britain-branded Mini through the city. They'll also be attending some fashion and technology events to promote GB.

There's no joint thread for the girls and they're both doing an event so I thought I'd post it here. The girls will be in Berlin on Thursday, driving a Great Britain-branded Mini through the city. They'll also be attending some fashion and technology events to promote GB.
They will also visit Hannover on Friday and attend among others the opening of the rebuild Herrenhausen Castle.
Hut ab für Hannovers Schloss! Aus der Stadt Hannover / HAZ - Hannoversche Allgemeine

It's really lovely to see Beatrice and Eugenie at work. Hope their engagements will get some coverage in the UK.

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie to go on first overseas engagement | Royal | | Daily Express

This is an article from the Daily Express. You will read that they are very clear about the distribution of costs.

Although here on the Forums this is being greeted positively, there will be some negative comments about costs, particularly security.

Richard Palmer, who wrote the article, has already had some negative comments on his Twitter account (@Royal Reporter) which he has dealt with promptly. IT will be interesting to see how the rest of the UK press handle this.

I think it is interesting that politicians have requested this and, presumably, HMQ has approved.

They were asked to go on the trip by David Cameron, and the foreign office have mentioned that this might be the start of future engagements for the pair.

They were asked to go on the trip by David Cameron, and the foreign office have mentioned that this might be the start of future engagements for the pair.

Where did you read about the possibility of further engagements?

Slightly off topic but this is a coincidence as we have been discussing how the smaller BRF would have problems coping with demand

Where did you read about the possibility of further engagements?

Slightly off topic but this is a coincidence as we have been discussing how the smaller BRF would have problems coping with demand

Rebecca English tweeted and I imagine it's in her DM article.

"@RE_DailyMail: Foreign Office tell me Princesses Beatrice&Eugenie now ready to conduct more public engagements.Interesting development http://t.co/HyP1BMCI"

I think it's great that Beatrice & Eugenie will do these engagements. They may not be official fulltime royals but I have expected them to do some engagements. I think they have learened the ropes from their parents and grandparents.

I thought Beatrice had started a full time job in October? Between Christmas her annual ski holiday with the family and now this it is an awful lot of time off for someone who has just started work. Normally you need to work a year before you get any leave. I'm sure the other workers will be thrilled cause someone is doing her job while she is away. And this is not a Royal engagement it sounds like something Prince Andrew has pushed for I just don't think they are really top on Number 10's list of who to send on a Trade mission. If they aren't careful this is so going to backfire. I don't think this is a good idea at all it seem more like Prince Andrew pushing to get his daughters into Royal Duties he is even paying for it himself which kind of makes you wonder since according the report Number 10 asked them to do it. Sorry I dont think this is a very good idea on Prince Andrews part.

It's not Andrew's idea Beatrice and Eugenie were asked to go by our PM David Cameron. As for holiday, I can't remember her job but most people I know got two weeks holiday over Christmas and some didn't go back to work until the 7th January. This visit is a two day thing, I doubt her boss will have issue with two day off. As for the cost, who else is supposed to pick up the bill? It's not a royal engagement, and the government can't pay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom