The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Please note that there are several Sarah specific threads where members can discuss Sarah and her "issues"

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-31225-25.html
Options for Sarah to recover from the 'Cash for Access' scandal
Sarah, Duchess of York: "Cash for Access", May 2010
Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances
Sarah Duchess of York Charities and Patronages
Sarah staying at Prince Andrew's home, Royal Lodge, Windsor
Andrew & Sarah: Marriage, Divorce and Divorce Settlement

The purpose of this thread is post and discuss general information when more than 2 Yorks travel together. Instead of discussing it in each of the respective (Andrew, Sarah, Beatrice and/or Eugenie) current events threads.

I've requested that we stay on topic MANY TIMES, closed threads for massive clean ups, moved, edited and copied posts to the correct threads that deal with the specific topic BUT NOT ANYMORE. Going forward, if its off topic, it will be deleted.

If there are any questions, please contact any of the British moderators via Private Message.

Zonk

Old 08-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Duchess of York with Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice arrived at a hotel in central Rome
for the wedding of Formula One owner Bernie Ecclestone's daughter Petra, on August 26, 2011.
Petra will marry James Stunt, at the Odescalchi castle in Bracciano, near Rome, on August 27.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Old 08-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Courtier

I have to say it she is looking rough. After several weeks of holidays I would expect her too look a little better! Guess she gets to go to a big wedding.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Sarah IMO looks like many a person who has traveled on an airplane, had to go thru customs, get your bags, and be transferred to your hotel when traveling. Tired. Not everyone can look like Posh Spice when coming off a plane.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Courtier

OR, she is playing the part of a poor, pitiful, poverty stricken woman. Travelling does not preclude combing one's hair and putting on some liptstick, IMO. She looks awful!!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Nobility

Some of the other guests, per the pictures - the other Fergie and Paris Hilton.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Aristocracy

Eh to me she looks tired and sans makeup not that bad really.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Sarah IMO looks like many a person who has traveled on an airplane, had to go thru customs, get your bags, and be transferred to your hotel when traveling. Tired. Not everyone can look like Posh Spice when coming off a plane.
Indeed, however she could have put a pair of dark glasses on to help hide that so she didn't look so very bad. At this point in her life she ought ot be very well aware that the press is out to make her look as bad as they can. it sells, unfortunately.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Indeed, however she could have put a pair of dark glasses on to help hide that so she didn't look so very bad. At this point in her life she ought ot be very well aware that the press is out to make her look as bad as they can. it sells, unfortunately.
What a far cry from the glamor shot on the cover of her book eh? I definitely can agree with her being tired, grumpy and perhaps disheveled after flight but she could have taken some pride and made herself a bit more presentable. She looks like she's been in the eye of Irene for a week. Appearing like this also makes her look a lot older than what she really is.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
OR, she is playing the part of a poor, pitiful, poverty stricken woman. Travelling does not preclude combing one's hair and putting on some liptstick, IMO. She looks awful!!!!
Please can I help with a little information, as I do know a bit about airport VIP arrangements from my own work:

Despite Zonk's gloomy musings, I can definitely say that even though Beatrice and Eugenie have apparently lost their police protection etc I can confirm that they still enjoy 'VIP' status. I am not sure which airport they flew from, but if they flew from any airport in the UK, I can confirm that the Princesses (as members of the BRF) would have been taken to one of the VIP lounges. They would also have received help with their luggage and would have received border privileges. [no chance of waiting by the luggage carousel and finding oneself next to Royalty!!]

Although Sarah is not a member of the BRF, I also know that it is the practice of many of the airlines she uses to accord her VIP status with regards to her flight and her luggage. [British Airways always gets their Special Services Department (i.e. for Royals and VIPs) involved from the outset when she flies, and on arrival at the airport she is whisked off to the VIP lounge pretty pronto]. I also know that when ( a few years ago) people began to question why Sarah [still] had VIP treatment, the response was that it was primarily a Security Issue. This is not just linked to madmen wanted to attack her etc but more as a way of assisting crowd control - in other words, a practical measure: imagine if word got out that Sarah was sitting in the departure lounge [she is fairly recognisable after all!!] - several aircraft-loads of waiting passengers might all rush down to stare at her.

I am therefore pretty confident that Sarah had every assitance with regard to the maintenance of her personal comfort. It may however be suiting her current 'plans' to appear forlorn. I will develop this further on the appropriate thread......

On this basis, particularly as Sarah is travelling with her daughters, I am sure that it was VIP treatment all the way.

Two other points:

One: I am not sure how VIP arrangements work in foreign countries, as I have only been involved with British arrangements, but from what I know, it is customary to grant those who have received VIP treatment at the 'British End' to be offered comparative assistance at their destination. The Times has mentioned before the Sarah enjoys privileges in the United States. Perhaps some American forum member can confirm this. Certainly I don't think I would find her in the Departure Lounge at JFK!!

Secondly: As this is a 'Bernie Ecclestone' Wedding, it is perfectly possibly that Beatrice and Eugenie [and Sarah] were flown out by Bernie Ecclestone as he has an enormous private plane [I saw it parked on the tarmac at Nice Airport a couple of years back, as he had flown in for the Monaco [auto] Grand Prix [There is no airport at Monaco, far too small; they only have a Heliport]. Most private planes leave from Luton airport or even a miliatary base west of London, and in both cases it is VIP treatment 'all the way'. With Bernie Ecclestone it is very different though - he actually OWNS an airport, Biggin Hill airport, where his planes have traditionally been based. You can therefore rest assured that Beatrice and Eugenie and their mother would have enjoyed the last word in luxury and comfort plus all the due deference that goes not only being a members of the BRF [in the case of B + E] but being the personal guests of the Top Man'. It would have been express service and red carpet treatment all the way.

I hope this helps,

Alex
Old 08-27-2011, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The following gallery includes a pic of Beatrice and Dave at the pre-wedding party yesterday evening and another pic of their arrival:

** Guests at the Petra Ecclestone Wedding **

And here are some pics from today, August 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife ** dailymail article ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 08-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
Eh to me she looks tired and sans makeup not that bad really.
I agree, Sarah just looks tired. Otherwise she looks no better/worse than a lot of 50+ women look without makeup.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Courtier

I like the colour of the dresses. Sarah's is a little too tight you can see all the lines it doesn't fit properly. Beatrice looks good and Eugenie looks nice but I would have loved to see her in a colour! Looks like a huge wedding.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Courtier

No Andrew?

Interesting, given how we've been fed a steady diet of how close and loving this divorced couple is. Well, one person says that, anyway. What better way to tell the world just how close and loving you are, than to appear together at the culmination of a romance....a wedding?

Eugenie looks tremendously wonderful. Beatrice looked like a cocktail waitress. Sarah needs to investigate Spanx.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
No Andrew?
Maybe Andrew wasn't invited - in fact I am sure if he was invited he would have been there.

Would you want the friend of a known paedophile attending your wedding? I wouldn't - regardless of who he was - that friendship would be enough to wipe Andrew from my invitation lists and maybe others feel the same way. Who knows?

Maybe Andrew had another engagement and they decided that Sarah and the girls would go to the wedding while Andrew went elsewhere to accept some other invitation - who knows?
Old 08-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
No Andrew?

Interesting, given how we've been fed a steady diet of how close and loving this divorced couple is. Well, one person says that, anyway. What better way to tell the world just how close and loving you are, than to appear together at the culmination of a romance....a wedding?

Eugenie looks tremendously wonderful. Beatrice looked like a cocktail waitress. Sarah needs to investigate Spanx.
I've never heard of Andrew really being that "into" the racing scene, neither horse nor car. Perhaps the contact with this wedding is mainly through Sarah and keeping associations she's had over the years since her Paddy McNally days so of course she and her girls would have been invited and not Andrew.

As far as Spanx, I would be willing to bet that with the dress Sarah has on, she's already wearing it and the best that money can buy. Spanx can do wonders but not miracles. Trust me on that one.

To be honest here, as much as Sarah has played on how close and loving she and Andrew might be as a divorced couple, I really don't think she's ever alluded to the fact that they are a "couple" again.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:03 AM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=Iluvbertie;1309150Would you want the friend of a known paedophile attending your wedding? I wouldn't - regardless of who he was - that friendship would be enough to wipe Andrew from my invitation lists and maybe others feel the same way. Who knows?[/QUOTE]

I really don't think that this would have any bearing on whether or not Andrew would have or would not have been invited. I do see your point though. That relationship has done damage to Andrew but I really don't see this wedding and the invites related to it.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I really don't think that this would have any bearing on whether or not Andrew would have or would not have been invited. I do see your point though. That relationship has done damage to Andrew but I really don't see this wedding and the invites related to it.
I don't see how anyone in that "peer group" bats an eye if "confronted" with the " friend of a paedophile"... If only some of the reports about the Formula 1 circus are true then there are lots and lots of really unsovoury types around, so why look down on a HRH because of his friendships?

Coming to think of it: when Fergie introduced her daughters to "society" on their coming out balls, just what kind of "society" did she introduce them to. I seem to remember that the Queen was not present but who was? Maybe Alex might be able to help, for I think this could shed an interesting light on the York family.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:00 AM
Courtier

I forgot about Paddy McNally but that could explain Sarah and the girls attendance and not Andrews. Sarah got money from that same friend of Andrews so I doubt that is too much of a problem. Wow if she is really wearing spanx then that dress is just too tight it shouldn't have those lines what happens when she sits? Andrew could be in Balmoral with his family they have a family meeting each so maybe he is at that? Glad to see Beatrice boyfriend is going out with them more and more. I do love the colour of her dress, just a pity Eugenie wore black!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post

Coming to think of it: when Fergie introduced her daughters to "society" on their coming out balls, just what kind of "society" did she introduce them to. I seem to remember that the Queen was not present but who was? Maybe Alex might be able to help, for I think this could shed an interesting light on the York family.
Fergie called Beatrice's 18th her 'coming out ball' and The Queen attended that bash at Windsor Castle.

Just like her mother? | Mail Online

And Eugenie didn't have an 18th or 21st birthday to celebrate her age, they were both quiet celebrations - her 18th attended by the Queen at Windsor.

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york