The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Royal View Post
I like the closeness Sarah displays with her children, both of whom seem to be very secure with their parents. That relationship is laudable.

That said, what an absolutely wretched dress for Sarah. That pink slash is absolutely bizarre and is totally unflattering. Sarah's in very good shape, she's keeping the weight off and has good legs, but outfits like this do NOTHING for her. She looked fabulous at the Children in Crisis art event from a month or two ago, so she has it in her, but not in a junk dress like that.
Shoot the designer!

Really, no one would look good in that dress. Not even Kate. Maybe Diana could pull it off, but only because she could pull off just about anything.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Shoot the designer!

Really, no one would look good in that dress. Not even Kate. Maybe Diana could pull it off, but only because she could pull off just about anything.
I suspect that Diana and Catherine would each have declined to wear the thing. Just one of many 'what was she thinking' moments I have w/ Sarah.

In regards to Eugenie and the hockey stick article, there's a video in the article of her going to dinner w/ some men, one of whom is very tall - is that her BF w/ her? They're in New York, I think, based on the protection officer's accent.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
She seems addicted to dresses like that!
Here's another!

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: It's jolly hockey sticks for Eugenie | Mail Online
That style of semi-casual dress is very popular for the younger crowd in the US these days, at least as far as I can tell from the stores. I see it all the time, even at church.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Shoot the designer!

Why shoot the designer? Why not criticise the 50-something fashion victim buying a dress designed for somebody 30 years younger than her.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Why shoot the designer? Why not criticise the 50-something fashion victim buying a dress designed for somebody 30 years younger than her.

Because that dress wouldn't look good on ANYONE

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-07-2014, 07:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Beatrice is chic in monochrome cheering on pal Sam Branson as he begins gruelling charity challenge | Mail Online

Can't decide about her look here; the dress is cute but something seems off. Maybe it's the fit? The top doesn't look quite right.

Sounds like she is still close to the Branson clan.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Serene Highness

Gives me a headache looking at it.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:04 AM
Courtier

Beatrice is 26 today. Don't see her becoming a Royal Bride for a few years though.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:06 AM
Courtier

That dress doesn't fit properly and I think it's too busy it's a weird pattern I also think it's a little short for her.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:46 AM
Nobility

Andrew, Sarah and the girls have joined HM at Balmoral. Hope they all have a lovely time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews

I came across this nice pic of the birthday girl when she was tiny infant.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=547785091999940
Old 08-09-2014, 06:57 AM
Courtier

Sarah Ferguson to cut short Balmoral break with Prince Andrew and the Queen before Prince Philip arrives because he 'won't have her in the house' | Mail Online
Old 08-09-2014, 07:46 AM
Royal Highness

Who knows if this is true ( it is the DM after all) but I wouldn't blame Philip for not wanting her there.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:19 AM
Courtier

It's the Queen's house and not Philip's.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
I think as Philip is "head of the family" he gets to say who stays and who goes - call it old fashioned, but it seems to have worked in their marriage
Old 08-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Majesty

The media have been running that same story for a very long time. The very thought of Sarah having to leave before Philip arrives make me feel very bad for Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie. Also, The Queen likes Sarah's company.

Prince Philip is just too old to be holding on to the past in this way, if it's true.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Aristocracy

The Queen is fond of all her daughters in law, and she was fond of Diana too.

Sarah Ferguson Interview on Divorce - Sarah Ferguson Princess Diana Interview - Harper's BAZAAR Magazine

Quote:
Take the 1996 divorce deal she struck with her formidable former mother-in-law, Queen Elizabeth, whom “I still see, love, and admire. “The queen and I always got on well, still do; I uphold everything Her Majesty represents, has given up her life for,” without, she believes, regrets. “It’s her duty. For her country, she’s selfless to the grave.” As for the queen’s mothering skills, she rallies an immediate, ringing defense: “I believe Her Majesty’s done the best job she can. For me, she’s been extraordinary.”
Sarah Ferguson: The Real Story - Harper's BAZAAR Magazine

Quote:
As always, the duchess has nothing but glowing things to say about her former mother-in-law. The queen, Ferguson says, "is the most wonderful, forgiving, nonjudgmental person I know."
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...98piYUnyavSe3g

Quote:
And I think one of the greatest people I've learnt lessons from is the Queen. The Queen is the most extraordinary person I've ever met in my life. And she is full of forgiveness and I think when I got divorced I chose friendship with the Queen and I'd like to say that she has remained steadfast to that."
Old 08-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Who knows if this is true ( it is the DM after all) but I wouldn't blame Philip for not wanting her there.
A lot of reports have been running this story about Philip and his dislike for Sarah since 1992. If it wasn't true surely someone, Sarah herself, for instance would have corrected it.

There was also a report that Beatrice had asked her grandfather to allow her mother to join the family holiday at Balmoral and on a summer cruise, and he had categorically refused. That was in 2012 I think.

Then last year Sarah turned up for the first weekend and now again this year - which suggests a compromise - Sarah visits with her girls and ex-husband while Philip stays away and then when he is due she leaves.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
In most marriages that I know the house is regarded as joint property - even when inherited by one partner. It is why marriage is called a 'partnership'. Even though The Queen inherited Balmoral it has also been Philip's Scottish home since 1952.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Then last year Sarah turned up for the first weekend and now again this year - which suggests a compromise - Sarah visits with her girls and ex-husband while Philip stays away and then when he is due she leaves.
Last year, if I remember right, Prince Philip didn't arrive at Balmoral right away because he was recovering from surgery...giving Sarah a chance to visit the Queen at the main castle without him there. Maybe, once the precedent was set, the Queen felt she couldn't say no, so they arrived at this compromise.

I hope that they can arrive at some sort of workable compromise in other situations where Prince Philip is involved, too.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Majesty

I doubt that Philip will compromise. His dislike of Sarah is well known and I simply don't see him changing his views now.

Yes - last year Philip didn't turn up until a week or so after The Queen.

Of course Beatrice's birthday is probably also a reason for the compromise so that Beatrice is able to have a birthday dinner with her parents and grandmother - like normal people are able to do but her grandfather won't budge.

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york