The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-01-2014, 12:54 AM
Gentry

Andrew and Sarah look so happy in that group picture. Hopefully this is further testing of the waters for an eventual reunion.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Gentry

First time seeing this Christmas card that Princess Diana sent out in 1996. It includes a photo of Prince Harry, Prince William, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie. I wonder how much closer Beatrice and Eugenie would be with Harry and William had Diana lived. Or how close the princesses would be to Diana. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1398984955.191401.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	291388

Old 05-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPolitics View Post
First time seeing this Christmas card that Princess Diana sent out in 1996. It includes a photo of Prince Harry, Prince William, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie. I wonder how much closer Beatrice and Eugenie would be with Harry and William had Diana lived. Or how close the princesses would be to Diana. Attachment 291388
William & Harry and Beatrice & Eugenie are very close. The girls were young when Diana was around but they were close to her because Sarah & Andrew were close to Diana.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
First time seeing this Christmas card that Princess Diana sent out in 1996. It includes a photo of Prince Harry, Prince William, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie. I wonder how much closer Beatrice and Eugenie would be with Harry and William had Diana lived. Or how close the princesses would be to Diana. Attachment 291388

Weren't Diana and Fergie estranged when Diana died?
I doubt they'd be very close at all, since the York girls are close to their mother.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I doubt they'd be very close at all, since the York girls are close to their mother.
As I understand it, Diana didn't cut Sarah off until after she'd read Sarah's autobiography in which she wrote that she'd caught a verruca from wearing Diana's shoes. I cannot, however, find the first date the book was published. The earliest record I can find is a paperback version in German in November1996 but no mention of an English version until early 1997. Even if it was first released in German I'm sure would would have reached Diana but it is quite possible that by then the 1996 Christmas cards had already been printed and it was too late to arrange new ones. Anyway, it is the York girls who are in the photo, not Sarah.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
First time seeing this Christmas card that Princess Diana sent out in 1996. It includes a photo of Prince Harry, Prince William, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie. I wonder how much closer Beatrice and Eugenie would be with Harry and William had Diana lived. Or how close the princesses would be to Diana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
William & Harry and Beatrice & Eugenie are very close. The girls were young when Diana was around but they were close to her because Sarah & Andrew were close to Diana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Well, I don't know how close they would be to Diana, that's anyone's guess, but I doubt that the relationship between the cousins would be significantly different. Diana would still be divorced, as was Sarah, and their holiday arrangements with their children would probably have been much the same.

William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie all played together as children. They all basically grew up together regardless of the status of their respective mother's friendship or their parents marital status.

There are lovely photos of them all skiing and the boys tended to look after their little cousins when they were all on holiday. Sort of united against the photographers. As time passed and Diana died, they still mixed together. Think of every school holiday, Easter and Christmas. The BRF still celebrate holidays in the traditional way at Sandringham, Windsor Castle, Balmoral, etc.

When Beatrice and then Eugenie graduated to clubbing, etc. they started out with their cousins clique spinning off as time passed and they developed their own circle of friends. However it is worth remebering that Cressida, Harry's latest ex, met through her friendship with Eugenie's and was seen clubbing with Harry and Eugenie's friends before they "went public" so to speak.

I think that the cousins all have a soft spot for each other as their lives have largely mirrored each others. Family breakdown, public humiliation, steadfast love for their parents regardless.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Well, I don't know how close they would be to Diana, that's anyone's guess, but I doubt that the relationship between the cousins would be significantly different. Diana would still be divorced, as was Sarah, and their holiday arrangements with their children would probably have been much the same.

William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie all played together as children. They all basically grew up together regardless of the status of their respective mother's friendship or their parents marital status.

There are lovely photos of them all skiing and the boys tended to look after their little cousins when they were all on holiday. Sort of united against the photographers. As time passed and Diana died, they still mixed together. Think of every school holiday, Easter and Christmas. The BRF still celebrate holidays in the traditional way at Sandringham, Windsor Castle, Balmoral, etc.

When Beatrice and then Eugenie graduated to clubbing, etc. they started out with their cousins clique spinning off as time passed and they developed their own circle of friends. However it is worth remebering that Cressida, Harry's latest ex, met through her friendship with Eugenie's and was seen clubbing with Harry and Eugenie's friends before they "went public" so to speak.

I think that the cousins all have a soft spot for each other as their lives have largely mirrored each others. Family breakdown, public humiliation, steadfast love for their parents regardless.

Very well put.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Nobility

https://www.facebook.com/iamangelfou...type=3&theater

I came across some more photos from Andrew and Sarah's recent visit to Will.i.am's foundation in LA.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:52 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Those are wonderful pictures. Great to see Andrew and Sarah looking so happy together. They are always a very good team. Frankly, she just looks at him with absolute adoration.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Serene Highness

This is pure speculation, but I can't help but wonder if something is afoot between these two, especially now that they're tackling engagements together.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Courtier

The photos were retweeted by Andrew's official Twitter account, and now they've been posted on his official Facebook page (and people's reaction is universally positive, by the way).

I've studied communications and PR and now have a little work experience in that as well, and I'm sure none of this was done without some forethought. In other words, Andrew's communications team knows what they're doing when they keep posting and retweeting photos of Andrew and Sarah together at the engagement.

I don't know if this is a coordinated strategy to 'test the waters' for Sarah to appear in public with Andrew again, but it seems a little like it.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:34 AM
Nobility

Lovely to see Sarah looking so well and happy :)
I concur with the thoughts of the two posts above.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Beatrice, Eugenie and friends pictured in London last night, May 15:

** gettyimages gallery **

** hellomagazine: Cressida Bonas parties with Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie **

** express.co.uk: Cressida Bonas looks beautiful in blue as she parties with Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie **
Old 06-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Sarah and Eugenie attended the Art Antiques London Gala Evening in aid of Children In Crisis at Kensington Gardens today, June 10, 2014. Cressida Bonas and Eugenie's boyfriend Jack Brooksbank were there as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 06-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Courtier

How utterly fabulous Sarah looks!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
How utterly fabulous Sarah looks!
She definitely has been oozing a bit of the wOw factor lately!
Old 07-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Beatrice and Eugenie attended the Serpentine Gallery Summer Party Co-Hosted By Brioni in London today, July 1:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: The ROYAL seal of approval: Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie lead the glamour on a night.. **

Afterwards they went out to the Chiltern Firehouse in Marylebone, Dave was there as well:

** Celebrities at the Chiltern Firehouse - Tuesday 1st July 2014 **
Old 07-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Wow! Both Beatrice and Eugenie look fabulous. In fact, dare I say ... Best looks ever!
Old 07-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely, especially Beatrice.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Nobility

Beautiful! Lovely Princesses

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york