The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-29-2013, 07:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I've often had the thought that single young royal cousins will not be asked to be full time royals until (if ever) they get married. I just have always supposed that the firm wants to know what they are getting into, rather than being surprised (again) when a FT royal dates someone really out of bounds (Koo Stark comes to mind - though I am not trying to point a finger at Andrew - it could also be someone who cannot be discreet and needs to sound out on political issues, sometime with an arrest record, drug issues, etc. ).
I just have always thought they were smart to not go all in when a young single could fall in love with someone that is too outre'.

Are you thinking of Beatrice's boyfriend prior to Dave Clark?
He had a criminal record, and it was only discovered when he broke parole to go on vacation with her family. (Andrew and Fergie had both approved of him).

Old 08-29-2013, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Are you thinking of Beatrice's boyfriend prior to Dave Clark?
He had a criminal record, and it was only discovered when he broke parole to go on vacation with her family. (Andrew and Fergie had both approved of him).
No - really, I was thinking of all the likely things that happen these days and that the family would want to avoid.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonelikeyou View Post
Beatrice will probably be announcing her engagement soon. Sarah was probably invited to Balmoral by the Queen to start removing some of the awkwardness. They can spend some time together now, and it won't be such a big deal at Beatrice's wedding. Otherwise the whole "Sarah back in the presence of the Royals" could overshadow B's day.
I agree! ... This seems very plausible. And respectful to all involved really!
(I hope there is an engagement----PB)!
Old 08-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought that Joe Little had written the Telegraph article as well. My mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
No, didn't the original article come from Richard Eden at The Telegraph? That's where I first saw it, anyway.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:46 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Hm, yes, I have just seen that tweet! Intriguing.
I think it's natural for people in Andrew and Sarah's circle to speculate on a remarriage, though, if it's true that they were in Verbier together for the whole ski season. It's starting to sound stranger with every year when they say that they are only being "joint parents to their girls." I know people always need their parents, but not in the sense that Andrew and Sarah seem to imply. Eugenie is moving away to New York next month, and Beatrice seems to have an independent life.

Edited to add: I've just been on Bonnie Brownlee's Twitter (she's CBC's royal correspondent). Earlier in August, she tweeted that she had just returned from Princess Beatrice's birthday party in London - she calls it a "wonderful evening with a lovely family." It looks like she traveled to London specifically for the party, because earlier she tells others that she will be in London "on Friday afternoon." A couple weeks later, she calls Sarah and Andrew "her good friends" and that she "loves all the stories coming out about them." Interesting that she is not questioning the stories, and that she just saw the York family this month.
Yes, the "committed co-parents" angle of Sarah's spokesperson's statement (a statement I found to be very vague and not a direct denial at all) has been wearing thin for years as the York princesses have grown into independent young women. And that's fine, The D&D of York, if they were testing public reaction to the prospect of a remarriage, which is my bet given it was The Telegraph Mandrake column (which Sarah and Andrew have often used to announce official news) that reported it with Majesty's Joe Little saying the story had some substance to it (Ingrid Seward, the editor of Majesty, being a friend of Sarah's), are likely flabbergasted at the degree of goodwill and positive reaction.

And yes, I too looked at Bonnie Brownlee's Twitter account...she used to work for the Yorks (jointly, after their separation, but before their divorce) as one of their press agents (Brownlee had previously worked for the Canadian prime minister Brian Mulroney in a similar capacity) and general advisors, she had a great deal of access to all the royals during those years and she now works for the CBC as their royal correspondent. I found her Tweets coy, very much in line with the thought that those in the know are aware of something the rest of us aren't quite sure of. She reiterated the "lovely family" and the copious stories coming about about The D&D of York. But what was interesting was what she didn't say: not a single denial, not a single statement of dispute.

I think where there's smoke there's fire with Andrew and Sarah. All I can say is burn, baby, burn.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Is Ms. Seward still a friend of Sarah's? There was an Editor's Letter after Sarah's "cash for access" scandal that had Ingrid S. pretty much washing her hands of her. I know that Seward had a soft spot for Sarah--mostly defending her--until then.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Is Ms. Seward still a friend of Sarah's? There was an Editor's Letter after Sarah's "cash for access" scandal that had Ingrid S. pretty much washing her hands of her. I know that Seward had a soft spot for Sarah--mostly defending her--until then.
In the ABC News coverage of the 'news' about the D&D Ingrid Seward was a commentator and spoke of Sarah and her relationship with Andrew, though she cautioned that nothing would happen so long as The DofE is alive, pointing out that he has publicly stated his dislike for her.

Source:
Old 08-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Royal View Post
Yes, the "committed co-parents" angle of Sarah's spokesperson's statement (a statement I found to be very vague and not a direct denial at all) has been wearing thin for years as the York princesses have grown into independent young women. And that's fine, The D&D of York, if they were testing public reaction to the prospect of a remarriage, which is my bet given it was The Telegraph Mandrake column (which Sarah and Andrew have often used to announce official news) that reported it with Majesty's Joe Little saying the story had some substance to it (Ingrid Seward, the editor of Majesty, being a friend of Sarah's), are likely flabbergasted at the degree of goodwill and positive reaction.

And yes, I too looked at Bonnie Brownlee's Twitter account...she used to work for the Yorks (jointly, after their separation, but before their divorce) as one of their press agents (Brownlee had previously worked for the Canadian prime minister Brian Mulroney in a similar capacity) and general advisors, she had a great deal of access to all the royals during those years and she now works for the CBC as their royal correspondent. I found her Tweets coy, very much in line with the thought that those in the know are aware of something the rest of us aren't quite sure of. She reiterated the "lovely family" and the copious stories coming about about The D&D of York. But what was interesting was what she didn't say: not a single denial, not a single statement of dispute.

I think where there's smoke there's fire with Andrew and Sarah. All I can say is burn, baby, burn.
Beatrice's birthday party at Royal Lodge earlier this month is at least partly responsible for this recent spate of Andrew/Sarah rumors.

Several guests who were at the party commented for the Telegraph that they were stricken by the couple's body language...by how intimate and relaxed they were, and that they were very much "like a married couple".

This entire episode has simply been odd, is all I can say.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Royal View Post
In the ABC News coverage of the 'news' about the D&D Ingrid Seward was a commentator and spoke of Sarah and her relationship with Andrew, though she cautioned that nothing would happen so long as The DofE is alive, pointing out that he has publicly stated his dislike for her.

Source:
This reminds me if the whole Charles and Camilla couldn't marry as long as QEQM was alive, so I tend to believe it.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I see your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
This reminds me if the whole Charles and Camilla couldn't marry as long as QEQM was alive, so I tend to believe it.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:41 AM
Majesty

The very idea that this couple would have to wait for someone to die before they can get married again sounds morbid and very ancient.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-31-2013, 02:05 AM
Heir Apparent

But that doesn't make it untrue.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:03 AM
Gentry

No, it doesn't make it untrue, bizarre as it is. But then, Charles having to wait till after the death of the Queen Mother was also rather bizarre, especially given the fabulous relationship Charles had with his grandmother.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I suppose in Andrew and Sarah's case it may not make a difference if they have to wait. They're living together anyway, nothing has changed, and it's just a matter of legalizing their relationship sometime in the future if that's what they want.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:29 AM
Nobility

The Sunday Express adds to the speculation this morning.
They report that Andrew and Sarah are on holiday in Spain.

Could Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson be about to remarry? | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 09-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

Must be a slow news day.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post

Could Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson be about to remarry? | Royal | News | Daily Express
So they are at a rented villa in Sotogrande, which I hear is very nice indeed!

Since they are apparently already living like a happily married couple, why change a thing?
Old 09-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post

Apparently this holiday has become "romantic" in the eyes of the press...but actually, Andrew and Sarah and their daughters have been going on holiday in Spain each August for years. I think at one time, Sarah and the girls went alone; but one other year (2009), Andrew and Sarah were reported to be there alone. Still, I guess now the speculation won't stop
Old 09-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Must be a slow news day.
Very slow news month as everyone is away and on holidays.

I'm just waiting now for the DM to come up with some fabulous story that in the next couple of months there will be a mass wedding in front of BP at the Victoria memorial and Andrew and Sarah, Beatrice and Dave, Harry and Cressida and perhaps anyone else speculated to be getting married will do it up big time in one big mass wedding. Heaven knows that Victoria memorial does look like a giant wedding cake eh?
Old 09-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Aristocracy

Call me crazy but I think it's much to do about nothing. From what I read this is an annual trip that they take around the same time each year. Like I said before the queen simply extended the olive branch and invited Sarah for Beatrice's birthday no more no less. There been a few weekends since then has anyone seen Sarah back there again. I think if Andrew truly wanted to remarry Sarah he would have done it by now and not let his father or anyone else stand in his way since he is reportedly one of the Queens favorite children. Although as a mother of four children I can't wrap my brain around having a favorite child but maybe I am nave of something. So what she lives on the grounds at the Royal Lodge. The place seems huge so it not like they are sharing a 3 bedroom 2 bath home in the suburbs. Then to anytime a grown man refers to a grown woman as " His third child" to me says a lot. I just hope Andrew is smart enough not to take front seat on that hi-speed train wreck known as Sarah again. Just my thoughts !

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york