The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen is very fond of Beatrice and did not attend her big 25th birthday party at Royal Lodge. The idea that she invited the Yorks all to Balmoral for a private family celebration sounds more and more plausible....

Old 08-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Look. I, believe, that Sarah and Andrew care for each other. What comes of this, I do not know. Speculation is just that. But if Camilla can be the DOC, anyone can be anything. Same level. By the way, I am glad Charles is happy and at this point it makes no difference.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Aristocracy

A Second Marriage Between Prince Andrew and Sarah Would Bring Sunshine To The Weathe

If the rumour is true concerning Prince Andrew and Sarah, I certainly welcome the idea. "After all" they were not accused for destroying anyone's marriage. Sarah and Andrew have been respectful to one another throughout the years and have raised their daughters together. I would like to see them remarry. It would be nice to see the queen accept Sarah once again with open arms. Sarah is older and wiser so as we.

"Three cheers" for England if a second marriage between Sarah and Andrew happens.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

A second marriage seems quite popular with Americans judging from posters comments. If it were to be true maybe we would be lucky and Andrew and Sarah would relocate to the US. I believe Palm Springs and Palm Beach offer golf opportunities for Andrew and "society" type events that Sarah loves.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Royal Highness

I'd love to see a second marriage.

Because it would amuse me.

Is that wrong?
Old 08-25-2013, 08:44 PM
Courtier

Andy and Fergie Part II? Friends say it is only a matter of time before the Yorks get married again 17 years after their break-up

Old 08-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

There's general approval for a remarriage and not only among Americans. And if the couple would like to spend some time here in the U.S. where a scandal or two never bothered us, well, why not? We're a nation where we welcome everyone. Then they can head back to the UK where the lovefest can continue.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Serene Highness

Yet another Daily Mail article - Richard Kay weighs in:

RICHARD KAY: Andrew and Fergie to remarry? Not if Prince Philip has anything to say about it! | Mail Online

At the beginning of the article, there's a quote from a member of staff at Beatrice's birthday party. It sounds like the staff at Royal Lodge think Sarah and Andrew might remarry.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
A second marriage seems quite popular with Americans judging from posters comments. If it were to be true maybe we would be lucky and Andrew and Sarah would relocate to the US. I believe Palm Springs and Palm Beach offer golf opportunities for Andrew and "society" type events that Sarah loves.
It's not just Americans. If comments under the articles in The Telegraph and the London Daily Mail are any indication, at least two-thirds of your fellow Britons would be delighted at the idea of an Andrew/Sarah Chapter II.

Anyway, even the ones who are not thrilled don't seem to think it's anyone's business but theirs.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Philip's bitterness is astonishing. One would think that at age 92, health failing and in the home stretch of his life's journey, he would not still be nursing old grudges and hates. Imagine how difficult his animosity towards their mother makes things for Beatrice and Eugenie.

After reading that article, I definitely do not think there will be a re-marriage while the DoE is still alive.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

If any plans for a remarriage are put on hold until that event occurs, it's just a shame for the waste of time and that they must defer to the DOE's attitude. But I suppose their mindset is that they've waited this long, so they can wait a bit longer.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

The article says that Andrew would not want to risk "upsetting" the DoE in his fragile state, "nor would he be allowed to".

There have been loud whispers that Philip wasn't exactly a model of fidelity to his marriage vows. Maybe he sees something of himself in his former daughter-in-law.

What a mess.

BTW...I had no idea that Andrew rented a chalet in Verbier last year, and that he and Sarah spent virtually the entire winter there together....!!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Aristocracy

The Mirror's article mentions that Buckingham Palace declined to comment. Again, a decline, not a denial. Two very different things.

I hope Fergie is polishing that ruby engagement ring of hers and getting fitted for a pink champagne Catherine Walker wedding suit. Andrew's got the easy job, that naval uniform of his is always in pristine shape I'm sure.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Gosh, does she still have her beautiful ruby ring? I'd just assumed that she sold it, along with her tiara, years ago.

The news that they(Andrew and Sarah) spent last winter together shacked up in Switzerland is more convincing to me that something is indeed going on than Sarah going to Balmoral!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I wouldn't be surprised if Sarah still had that ruby e-ring and hopefully she didn't sell it; I'd think it would be one of the most sentimental things she'd want as a keepsake of her marriage. Even though the marriage failed, the feelings and emotions obviously haven't.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Gosh, does she still have her beautiful ruby ring? I'd just assumed that she sold it, along with her tiara, years ago.

The news that they(Andrew and Sarah) spent last winter together shacked up in Switzerland is more convincing to me that something is indeed going on than Sarah going to Balmoral!
Oh no, Sarah has all of her jewellery still, she hasn't worn the ring in maybe 9 years or so, but she still wears all of her other Andrew rings, including his signet ring on her pinkie finger. She has worn the tiara more recently at an Elton John White Tie and Tiara Ball. She wore her wedding diamond parure (a gift from HM and the DoE) a year or two ago in Cannes.

The Richard Kay article is interesting because as much as it has an air of denial to it, it also provides more information about Andrew and Sarah that suggests where there's smoke there's fire. That is the first time I'd heard about him commuting to and from Verbier for his engagements while he set up a holiday house with Sarah. And the comments about how close they were at Beatrice's birthday party also provide fuel.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The article says that Andrew would not want to risk "upsetting" the DoE in his fragile state, "nor would he be allowed to".

There have been loud whispers that Philip wasn't exactly a model of fidelity to his marriage vows. Maybe he sees something of himself in his former daughter-in-law.
Maybe he saw the toll that all those scandals were taking on HM and that was something he was surely seeing up close. He wasn't a model of fidelity, but he never pulled half the stuff Sarah did. There are limits and frankly I think it's kind of disgusting that they are probably hoping Philip will drop so they can remarry.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Prince Philip's bitterness is astonishing. One would think that at age 92, health failing and in the home stretch of his life's journey, he would not still be nursing old grudges and hates. Imagine how difficult his animosity towards their mother makes things for Beatrice and Eugenie.

After reading that article, I definitely do not think there will be a re-marriage while the DoE is still alive.
This is very sad to read. One would think that at the end of his life, Philip would want to have his children close, and be in a good relationship with them. The assumption that Andrew may have to wait for his father to pass on in order to find some sort of happiness is disheartening. I hate to say it, but if this is indeed true, then it's rather selfish of the Duke of Edinburgh to be angry at something that happened so long ago. Life's too short to waste on things that are in the past.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post

Maybe he saw the toll that all those scandals were taking on HM and that was something he was surely seeing up close. He wasn't a model of fidelity, but he never pulled half the stuff Sarah did. There are limits and frankly I think it's kind of disgusting that they are probably hoping Philip will drop so they can remarry.
I think it's disgusting that you're inferring that about them from a few rumors. You have no idea how Andrew feels about his father, and your inference that Andrew is hoping for his father's death is both crass and baseless.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
There is no indication at all that Andrew and Sarah are doing any such thing. We don't even know if this latest rumor is true.

For goodness sake, these two already have so much stuff that they are legitimately accused of, can we not further scapegoat them by promoting the idea that they are sitting around hoping Andrew's father dies soon??

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york