The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

In those long-ago, pre-internet days, the first I was aware of how hard the papers were on Sarah is when she didn't take Beatrice to Australia with her on the tour she made with Andrew. Then, rather than flying back to England right away to be with her daughter, she spent additional time in Australia meeting Andrew at every port his ship came to. That was in 1988. Beatrice was still a tiny baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Brilliant post Polly. ICAM with every word.

Sarah's honeymoon with the media-I remember it well-was a very brief one. For whatever reason when they turned on her it was with a cruelty that made me shudder.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Mermaid1962, the furor that was made over Sarah's "abandonment" of her baby made me mental. I was so disgusted and angry, it was just so stupid and hypocritical and unfair.

Sarah and Andrew had had no time alone since Beatrice was born. It was Andrew who reportedly insisted that Sarah come to him without the baby, but as usual the bricks came down on Sarah and nobody from BP defended her. Beatrice was well cared for and only a newborn. No harm was done to her by the experience.

Royal babies had been left with nannies from time immemorial, in fact William spent his first birthday without his parents who were on tour in Canada. No one in the press came down on the Wales' for that!

I think it's ironic. When their children were small, Diana was always rubbed in Sarah's face as the paragon of motherhood, someone who Sarah could learn from. Diana was always the Good Mother, Sarah the Bad Mother.

But it's Sarah's children who grew up in a loving emotionally stable environment because unlike Diana and Charles, Andrew and Sarah never waged war over their children.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:52 PM
Courtier

Given that its been said by "sources" close to them that they get onwelland could even re-marry I wonder why this is been given such serious news coverage. The only public sign it could be true is the apperance of Sarah at Balmoral which IMO is more likely explained as either a family birthday visit for Beatrice or because Beatrice is engaged.
What intriques me is why then the media are allfocussing on Sarah & Andrew re-marrying with a possible Beatrice engagement only mentioned in passing. Either its a slow news weekend and this is the better story or the media know something (maybe they know just who that close friend that is being quoted) that means they are willing to report such a story.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Or maybe HM hasn't seen or spoken to Sarah in years and wanted a visit, for old times sake!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Or maybe HM hasn't seen or spoken to Sarah in years and wanted a visit, for old times sake!
Lol, It one thing to talk at birthdays parties, or engagement parties, weddings or whatever but I don't The Queen would call her ex daughter-in-law out of the blue to have tea or just to chat especially Sarah. Pretty doubtful.

My Grandmother doesn't call her Ex Daighter-In-Law just to see if she want to go Lunch or just too chat. If anything it about Her Grandkids and that it.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I wish Sarah and Andrew the best of luck whatever their plans are. If any couple deserves a second chance, I think this one does and Sarah should not be tarred and feathered any more than other royal family members who have been poster children for their own bad behavior and have been "rehabilitated" and brought back into the fold. If the couple finds that life is better for having each other in it it, so be it and people will have to accept it. If there is a second marriage and Andrew and Sarah apply themselves as diligently to it as they have to the upbringing of their daughters, it will be a success indeed.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I find it intriguing that MAJESTY MAGAZINE has been promoting this story for the last 24 hours on Facebook. That's where I first saw it. The article is written by one of its regular contributors and managing editor, Joe Little.
I thought the article originally appeared in the Telegraph, written by Richard Evans? But that's interesting, since I notice that Joe Little is promoting the story on Twitter, too. For example:

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 24 Aug
Some intriguing #royal stories in the Sunday papers UK front pages #tomorrowspaperstoday - Imgur via @imgur
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite More

I don't follow Majesty Magazine on Facebook. Is this normal, for them to promote stories written in other magazines?
Old 08-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Courtier

Indeed, like I said it could just be silly season for the media at the moment. If we beleive the daily mail for example Sarah and Andrew are to re-marry, Beatrice is engaged and Harry is going to propose by the end of the year.

Personally I suspect that Sarah being at Balmoral was either just a visit without any great significance like the other 2 or 3 over the years (probably in light of Beatrice's 25th birthday being just a few days before, HM did not attend Beatrice big party so maybe invited Beatrice and her family for a more private, intimate celebration)
or Sarah visited because Beatrice is engaged which we will have to wait and see to find out if its true or not.

A re-marriage doesn't make sense to me as it will simply open up a media fury over them and would probably not be welcomed by certain members of the Royal family and their staff. It seems more trouble than its worth given that neither seem (IMO and i could be wrong) overly religious so would be happy to continue living together as they do now.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Lol, It one thing to talk at birthdays parties, or engagement parties, weddings or whatever but I don't The Queen would call her ex daughter-in-law out of the blue to have tea or just to chat especially Sarah. Pretty doubtful.

My Grandmother doesn't call her Ex Daighter-In-Law just to see if she want to go Lunch or just too chat. If anything it about Her Grandkids and that it.
So true, it had to have been a special occasion or circumstance for this to have happened although HM is said to still be fond of Sarah. So something might be going on that called for a pow-wow; maybe even a Beatrice engagement or her birthday party. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Some people see a 25th birthday as a significant one so it could be that.
Sarah first visited Balmoral again, after her divorce, in 2008 - it wasn't a significant age birthday for Beatrice or Eugenie but was significant as it was Beatrice's birthday that year on the 8.8.08 and she was born on the 8.8.88. It was said at the time she was there to celebrate the birthday privately with the Queen.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen is very fond of Beatrice and did not attend her big 25th birthday party at Royal Lodge. The idea that she invited the Yorks all to Balmoral for a private family celebration sounds more and more plausible....
Old 08-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Look. I, believe, that Sarah and Andrew care for each other. What comes of this, I do not know. Speculation is just that. But if Camilla can be the DOC, anyone can be anything. Same level. By the way, I am glad Charles is happy and at this point it makes no difference.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Aristocracy

A Second Marriage Between Prince Andrew and Sarah Would Bring Sunshine To The Weathe

If the rumour is true concerning Prince Andrew and Sarah, I certainly welcome the idea. "After all" they were not accused for destroying anyone's marriage. Sarah and Andrew have been respectful to one another throughout the years and have raised their daughters together. I would like to see them remarry. It would be nice to see the queen accept Sarah once again with open arms. Sarah is older and wiser so as we.

"Three cheers" for England if a second marriage between Sarah and Andrew happens.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

A second marriage seems quite popular with Americans judging from posters comments. If it were to be true maybe we would be lucky and Andrew and Sarah would relocate to the US. I believe Palm Springs and Palm Beach offer golf opportunities for Andrew and "society" type events that Sarah loves.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd love to see a second marriage.

Because it would amuse me.

Is that wrong?
Old 08-25-2013, 08:44 PM
Courtier

Andy and Fergie Part II? Friends say it is only a matter of time before the Yorks get married again 17 years after their break-up

Old 08-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

There's general approval for a remarriage and not only among Americans. And if the couple would like to spend some time here in the U.S. where a scandal or two never bothered us, well, why not? We're a nation where we welcome everyone. Then they can head back to the UK where the lovefest can continue.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Serene Highness

Yet another Daily Mail article - Richard Kay weighs in:

RICHARD KAY: Andrew and Fergie to remarry? Not if Prince Philip has anything to say about it! | Mail Online

At the beginning of the article, there's a quote from a member of staff at Beatrice's birthday party. It sounds like the staff at Royal Lodge think Sarah and Andrew might remarry.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
A second marriage seems quite popular with Americans judging from posters comments. If it were to be true maybe we would be lucky and Andrew and Sarah would relocate to the US. I believe Palm Springs and Palm Beach offer golf opportunities for Andrew and "society" type events that Sarah loves.
It's not just Americans. If comments under the articles in The Telegraph and the London Daily Mail are any indication, at least two-thirds of your fellow Britons would be delighted at the idea of an Andrew/Sarah Chapter II.

Anyway, even the ones who are not thrilled don't seem to think it's anyone's business but theirs.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Philip's bitterness is astonishing. One would think that at age 92, health failing and in the home stretch of his life's journey, he would not still be nursing old grudges and hates. Imagine how difficult his animosity towards their mother makes things for Beatrice and Eugenie.

After reading that article, I definitely do not think there will be a re-marriage while the DoE is still alive.

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york